Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Chicago police officer who 'sodomised black man with screwdriver' allowed to keep wor

Chicago police officer who 'sodomised black man with screwdriver' allowed to keep working

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7350006.html
    Mr Coffie testified at trial that he was then placed against the officers' unmarked car, still handcuffed, and told to spread his buttocks before Mr Korhonen pulled down his trousers and assaulted him by inserting a screwdriver into his rectum.

Mr Coffie, who suffered internal injuries and was left bleeding from his rectum, reported the incident when the officers took him to Cook County jail, where he spent a night detained on drug charges.

The next day, Mr Coffie's mother took him to hospital, where a doctor found a tear in his rectum. Chicago police investigators were summoned to the hospital and Mr Coffie gave a second statement.

Chicago police investigators immediately searched Mr Korhonen and Mr Lodwich's car and found three screwdrivers in their glove compartment. Later testing on swabs taken from the glovebox were positive for fecal material.

However, the City's Office of Professional Standards, which researched the claims of officer misconduct, found the allegations could not be sustained. No disciplinary action was taken against Mr Korhonen or Mr Lodwich and a criminal case was not pursued.
    That is rape. These men are violent criminals, thugs, yet why are people rallying behind them saying they dindonuthin?
    Last edited by AndaliteBandit; 2016-10-08 at 02:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Chicago police officer who 'sodomised black man with screwdriver' allowed to keep working

That is rape. These men are violent criminals, thugs, yet why are people rallying behind them saying they dindonuthin?
    You already know the answer to your question.

At least now the cops are occasionally condemned for killing unarmed US citizens.

Baby steps.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

I guess the issue would be trying to place the crimes of one individual cop on every cop lol. Much like saying because I saw a few criminals that happened to be black that "all criminals are black". That's taking the story at face value. That being said, this is the type of story that groups like BLM should be discussing and that we should be hearing about in our media, as opposed to the more sensationalistic ones of cops shooting black people when the evidence is either murky or supports the cops.

Because the vast majority of cops aren't evil, and are actually doing their jobs right? Similarly to how the vast majority of african-americans aren't criminals?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Because the vast majority of cops aren't evil, and are actually doing their jobs right? Similarly to how the vast majority of african-americans aren't criminals?
    I agree with this statement 100%, however it ignores that the police are not regular citizens, but a government entity that should be held to a higher standard and scrutinized as any government entity should.

That is rape.
    They failed to substantiate the allegations, should they just take your word for it or what?

- - - Updated - - -

That is rape.
    They failed to substantiate the allegations, should they just take your word for it or what?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I agree with this statement 100%, however it ignores that the police are not regular citizens, but a government entity that should be held to a higher standard and scrutinized as any government entity should.
    And that's true. However, the general public is typically not privy to all of the details of investigations into issues such as these. For the most part, we hear of the allegations and the results. Nothing in between. I'm speaking in generalities here, not specifics into this particular instance (which sounds pretty damning with what little we know).

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's true. However, the general public is typically not privy to all of the details of investigations into issues such as these. For the most part, we hear of the allegations and the results. Nothing in between. I'm speaking in generalities here, not specifics into this particular instance (which sounds pretty damning with what little we know).
    That is the fact for everything, but a fact we need to live with.

Sorry if it wasn't clear. I wasn't talking about all cops, I was talking about these particular cops who are rapists. Why are they being shielded from justice?

But are the cops and city officials who look the other way in the face of this evidence complicit in the crime as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    No, no, don't take my word for it! The victim said he was sodomized with a screwdriver by a cop, and lo and behold, a screwdriver with fecal matter was recovered from that cop's glove compartment.

So can you provide an example of reasonable doubt? What is a rational story for how that screwdriver coincidentally came to be covered in shit that's completely unrelated to the victim's allegations? And the victim just happened to invent a story about a screwdriver, and then faked a rectal tear for the hospital staff, when the cop had the bad luck to just so happen to have a shit-covered screwdriver in his glove compartment?

Sorry if it wasn't clear. I wasn't talking about all cops, I was talking about these particular cops who are rapists. Why are they being shielded from justice?

But are the cops and city officials who look the other way in the face of this evidence complicit in the crime as well?
    Look, as I already admitted in this thread, the information we do know looks quite damning. But, we don't have all the evidence, and probably never will. What exactly are you wanting here? To simply fan the flames?

No, no, don't take my word for it! The victim said he was sodomized with a screwdriver by a cop, and lo and behold, a screwdriver with fecal matter was recovered from that cop's glove compartment.

So can you provide an example of reasonable doubt? What is a rational story for how that screwdriver coincidentally came to be covered in shit that's completely unrelated to the victim's allegations? And the victim just happened to invent a story about a screwdriver, and then faked a rectal tear for the hospital staff, when the cop had the bad luck to just so happen to have a shit-covered screwdriver in his glove compartment?
    Again, I'm not supporting anything here. But, you want a story? sure. Screwdriver-quite the handy tool for removing fecal matter from the bottom of shoes. Rectal tear-anal sex. Positive for fecal matter sure, why not positive for blood too? If positive for blood, why no DNA test to prove from whence it came?
    Last edited by medievalman1; 2016-10-08 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted
    This is... a great story. Thank you for sharing that.
    Hey but... don't be hasty. It's probably part of the legal procedure
    "If the suspect does not comply, insert metallic object in anal cavity until he does comply"

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

LOL.

But in all seriousness, what the actual fuck.

Fucking Police UNion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Agreed.

Our assholes deserve better. Black assess matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The screwdiver tested positive for shit on it.

How else do you explain that?

Interesting to find out what happened to the victim after this. From what I can see the guy has spent time in jail at least twice, once for domestic abuse and the other time for a heroin related charge, despite being awarded $4 million less than a decade ago. It's tough to find out details about this case but from what I can see the defense's argument was that if he was in fact sodomized by a screw driver that the injuries would've been considerably worse. Playing internet detective here I'm thinking the cops probably really did use the screw driver, but probably not to the degree the criminal said so, figuring that he was in fact hiding drugs up his ass and probably didn't want to use their hands to search for something like that.

Again, I'm not supporting anything here. But, you want a story? sure. Screwdriver-quite the handy tool for removing fecal matter from the bottom of shoes. Rectal tear-anal sex. Positive for fecal matter sure, why not positive for blood too? If positive for blood, why no DNA test to prove from whence it came?
    Okay, let's say the cop claims the fecal matter was from an animal. Testing can prove if that fecal matter came from a human or another animal. Should the department have followed up on that testing, or just taken the cop's word for it?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Interesting to find out what happened to the victim after this. From what I can see the guy has spent time in jail at least twice, once for domestic abuse and the other time for a heroin related charge, despite being awarded $4 million less than a decade ago. It's tough to find out details about this case but from what I can see the defense's argument was that if he was in fact sodomized by a screw driver that the injuries would've been considerably worse. Playing internet detective here I'm thinking the cops probably really did use the screw driver, but probably not to the degree the criminal said so, figuring that he was in fact hiding drugs up his ass and probably didn't want to use their hands to search for something like that.
    So instead the use a screwdriver?

Okay, let's say the cop claims the fecal matter was from an animal. Testing can prove if that fecal matter came from a human or another animal. Should the department have followed up on that testing, or just taken the cop's word for it?
    Yes, they should have. Do we know if the department did that kind of testing? And, if they didn't, I'm sure some enterprising lawyer that stood to win a multi-million dollar case would love to have that kind of evidence to use in their case.

Although, upon reflecting more, presence of human fecal matter still would not prove it came from Coffie. It it circumstantial and damn suspicious? Absolutely. (which is possibly why this went the route of civil court and not criminal).
    Last edited by medievalman1; 2016-10-08 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Playing internet detective here I'm thinking the cops probably really did use the screw driver, but probably not to the degree the criminal said so, figuring that he was in fact hiding drugs up his ass and probably didn't want to use their hands to search for something like that.
    Aren't their set procedures to check for something like that, especially one that doesn't happen during the actual arrest of the suspect?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Aren't their set procedures to check for something like that, especially one that doesn't happen during the actual arrest of the suspect?
    yeah im pretty sure they take them back to the station and have them checked properly, you would never just go down an alley and poke a screw driver around the guys ass

They should just execute the police officer. If you are in such a position of power and abuse that power then you should not be allowed to continue living in society.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    They should just execute the police officer. If you are in such a position of power and abuse that power then you should not be allowed to continue living in society.
    Yeah, because this is exactly the kind of attitude we want to solve issues involving the police and/or BLM.