Leveling as a shadow priest

Hello, wondering if some kind souls would help me with leveling as a shadow priest (talents and such). I understand that spriests are slow levelers but it gets kind of tedious when I almost die whenever there are 3+ mobs on me, maybe it's just me being shitty but might aswell give it a shot asking here.

Love, the wet noodle master.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I came looking for the same, its really really irritating. I saw a 101 DK take on 8-10 mobs at once, I can barely take on 2 3 at a push.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats just what lvling a shadowpriest is like. Cloth and no aoe all the way.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

Deleted
    Get Masochism and you'll never die again, even if you pull 15 mobs at a time. You can pw:s and shadow mend yourself forever and leave a hot. Also, no aoe? wtf? Mind sear is one of the stronger aoe spells in game atm....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Also, no aoe? wtf? Mind sear is one of the stronger aoe spells in game atm....
    What the...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pahapoika View Post
    What the...?
    There's maybe a handful of aoe spells that are better pre-110 (he is talking about leveling), even at 110 it's pretty strong.

Deleted
    While leveling i'd definitly take Shadow Crash (maybe also San'layin for the selfheal), it does do quite good burst AoE and while i was leveling i could usually kill 3-4 mobs with multi dotting and then Shadow Crash to finish them off without me losing too much hp.
    I don't know how good Mind Sear is for leveling after the buff but i would not think that it is good ... before the buff it wasn't worth your time to cast it at all (except maybe to get Insanity fast if you have many mobs) and even now it's just a filler in between (re-)applying dots except when you are fighting maybe 6+ mobs.
    Using a follower as bodyguard also helps in my opinion (especially for dropping aggro for a few seconds with Fade).

Generally you have to accept that you have to fight max 4 mobs at a time, thats just how it is because you take just too much damage for Vampiric Touch to keep your health up and you dont have ridiculous cleave and selfheal like a demon hunter for example.

Regarding a dk taking on 10 mobs i would assume he was blood ... leveling as a tank is quite stupid and you often wish there would be more mobs because just 3 isn't really worth it. Leveling as a tank is just op.

There's maybe a handful of aoe spells that are better pre-110 (he is talking about leveling), even at 110 it's pretty strong.
    It's complete garbage at 110 even after the buff.

Deleted
    When I leveled my shadow priest I took Shadow Crash and Mindbomb and it went pretty well.

Deleted
    Mind sear is one of the stronger aoe spells in game atm....
    it is actually hard to think of a weaker aoe spell.

use a body guard like zabra hexx when you're leveling or out doing world quests. Shadow has no pets or anyway to dodge threat unless you fade then it can all go to your bodyguard.

Try Disc with Mindbender, Divine Star and Purge the Wicked

It will be a bit slower for single target, but you can pull 8-10 mobs and never die.

was a little challenging leveling as shadow, once my artifact began picking up in levels that's when things became much easier,

leveling was a bit tough though, i remember dying a bunch of times cause i pulled too much, and was out of mana lol

Quote Originally Posted by xWolfx View Post
    it is actually hard to think of a weaker aoe spell.
    Demonwrath does like half the damage of mind sear.

Yup, what others have said. Talent Masochism and Mind Bomb and insert PW:S into your rotation (shadowmend as necessary) and you will be gtg. And don't forget your fear (particularly when you need to make a hasty exit from the area and don't want mobs banging on you).

If you talent Mind Bomb you don't have fear anymore btw. AoE Stun for 4 seconds over fear any day. Leveling as shadow is a pretty terrible experience tbh, especially when you see other classes just mow through mobs. Just go with the talents suggested in this thread and you'll be alright.

Also in terms of Mind Sear, it's crap AoE, dots and fill with sear on aoe.