Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    No, they are not. Because the site adds their own interpretation into the texts they're trying to translate.

A bit of background knowledge would have you understand there are widespread modern interpretations of those texts, that do not involve (sex) slavery.

The only types who claim that those texts mean you get to rape women are the same loonies that claimed the Quran told them to blow up the WTC on 9/11.

Also, be serious now. It's a christian site meant to criticize islam. Yeah, that's definitely the right place to get your unbiased info, Historical Methodology 101 there...
    Do you really believe that I am unable to find all the English translations of Quran on the internet to compare them?

Or that maybe I'm unable to find the original text and google translate it?

Or that the quran.com doesn't exist?

Quran says that it's ok to own women and fuck them without their consent.

Deal with it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    And you have an issue that western muslims disagree with this, because?
    Because in their ignorance they defend Islam and make it untouchable. They are ignorantly condoning all the bad that Islam is.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Way to pull a quote of him out of context. Besides, he didn't really say anything inappropriate in that quote anyway, even if you tried hard to make it seem as if he was disgusted by Islam or negative about it.
    So humor me and tell me : What was the context ?

I pulled the quote that were the most interesting from an anthropolgy perspective. His core point, the one that keep coming over and over is the gross intolerance of Islam. It's not a culture that understand the concept of the "other". It's not a culture which accept opposing point of views.
    Which directly goes against your argument of "The only reason people would criticize Islam is because they're racist"

He also said that "how much France is becoming muslim" in the same book and how the muslim culture feel threatened by free-er, softer one.
    I obviously cant translate the whole book here I'm afraid. Because 1) I dont have time and 2) I'm not good enough of an english speaker.

In 2002 he also shown his support for Houellebecq, who is considered "islamophobic" by a certain far-left, by saying you have the right to criticize religions and the "trial" that was happening at the time would simply be impossible 50y ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you'd rather that western and secular muslims were still okay with raping women?
    I'd rather they quit Islam. That only can happen if they stop being ignorant about it. One can dream can they?

In that same text he similarly praises some of the positive parts of Islam. Anyhow I never said it was racist to criticize Islam and any confusion that was caused was clarified in this thread already. And I don't particularly see anything wrong with him taking Houellebecq's side, because I would've done the same.
    All of those praises are extremely minor, and/or used to criticize it afterward.
    It's very clear that he had a very negative view of Islam overall. Nothing in that book really "balance" thoses passages.

As for your allegation that you never said it was racist to criticize Islam, I beg to differ, I go back to a few answers and I can read doing exactly just that, someone explaining you that race and religion are not the same thing, to which you respond "Rubbish" and that there's a "pattern" of people who post about racial issue also criticizing Islam.

I didnt see you apologize or clarifying anything there. I also saw you pretend that "Rallying against islam" must mean nothing but ignorance. Brandishing your PHD quote as a proof. Thus absolving the religions of all its faults for some reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I just said criticism is not what I am talking about. Not sure if you can't read, or trolling me. "Muslims will bring cultural enrichment" is not criticism, it's a hate speech against Muslims and their perceived culture, which by the way depends on the country. This kind of reductionism (i.e., saying say Muslim instead of, say, Persian) is modus operandi of the people in West. I've read countless bad things about Muslims in this forum, never a good thing. Some of them I agree. One example is lack of overall tolerance against criticism but again "hurr durr Muslims cultural enrichment" is not a criticism. It's a non-sensical mumbling at best, highly likely to be said due to hatred against Muslims. Considering it came from supertony51, it's guaranteed to be the latter.

Obsession with skin color is a problematic part of your culture (cultural criticism TM). Muslims are just brown people only to Westerners. I've learned the term "brown" for Muslims from this forum. The very terms and concepts of "white" vs "black" vs "brown" skin colors are production of Western culture. The concept of skin colors doesn't exist around here. I think it tells us how some cultures are prone to racism more than others.

Here is some criticism for you, you are welcome.
    I don't believe this for a second. Ironically, you are being racist here yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Due dilligence is never a bad thing. When one particular group is massively over represented in crime stats, especially rape stats, some ekstra scrutiny is certainly warranted and you can hardly fault people for jumping to conclusions based on previous experience alone. (4% of the population doing 30+% of all rapes and roughly 25% of all crime.)
    I'm not saying don't vet refugees. Vet them. Maybe we need to do better at vetting them. Regardless, assuming all refugees are bad because of a few bad apples is bigotry, plain and simple. When people call it "racism," then the intent is obviously the word "bigotry." Thus arguing that "discrimination against a religion or a social class" isn't racism, is little more than pedantry.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'm not saying don't vet refugees. Vet them. Maybe we need to do better at vetting them. Regardless, assuming all refugees are bad because of a few bad apples is bigotry, plain and simple. When people call it "racism," then the intent is obviously the word "bigotry." Thus arguing that "discrimination against a religion or a social class" isn't racism, is little more than pedantry.
    Exactly how would vetting refugees let you know who among them will commit crime?

It's 1 in 4 for some groups who commit crime. That's not a few bad apples, that's a load of bad apples.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Kits View Post
    Exactly how would vetting refugees let you know who among them will commit crime?

It's 1 in 4 for some groups who commit crime. That's not a few bad apples, that's a load of bad apples.
    So simply ignore the whole group because telling the future is impossible?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    So simply ignore the whole group because telling the future is impossible?
    We should not help others at the cost of our own wellbeing and safety. If they want help then they should straighten up and stop doing crime at such rates.