Deleted

Has PVP balancing been pushed aside to used as a "player callback"-card?

Hey guys, as a former hardcore player this thought just hit me while watching the Warcraft stream on twitch. I haven't played for a few years nor have much idea about how the game has looked PVP-wise since i quit, but I'm guessing not much changed after i stopped playing. Until now?

The thought that popped in my mind was: Has blizzard saved PVP until they needed it? Has it been a backup plan for when the playerbase got low?

PVP was somewhat big in TBC and it got insane in WOTLK. Tournaments all the time etc. After that, it just died. Balance or rather any focus on pvp was pretty much nowhere to be seen.

Now there's a huge tournament hosted by Blizzard this early in the expansion? Have they used the "get 50% of our players back-card" together with legion?

Just looking at the 3v3 matches, it does look fun. It doesn't look like MoP or Cataclysm crap for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    With the RNG gearing/loot boxes, AP weapons, faster gearing in PvE, "gear doesn't matter" (but it does), etc. they're killing off Rated play more than ever. It's just about the opposite of what you're positing - look at the ladders collapsing in RBG for example. You have some cheating scumlords/no-lifers at higher ratings queing into low MMR players and very little 'midrange' right now. 3s is melee train mostly.

If they're saving PvP in some way to pull a rabbit from a magic hat, they'll have to change a lot from what they started in Legion so far. These tourneys and giving a free title ('Patron of War') for linking the Twitch matches to your b-net is just a ploy to get more viewers, and trying to prop up participation rates in PvP.

I am going to say yes, because there is nothing stopping them from pushing the new prestige changes through. They want to use the new prestige changes as a hook for 7.1 to bring players in. The problem as it ha been pointed out by others is that if nothing else changes fundamentally about PVP gearing, rewards, and structure it is superfluous.

really should return to the old ways of the pvp vendors and get rid of the RNG system all together for pvp.
    Current system isn't tuned correctly. Understand transitioning from a place where you always got exactly what you wanted is hard (holinka)

Rough translation = We thought pvp rng loot boxes would be fun and exciting but we screwed it up so bad we dont know how to fix it now.

Deleted
    I'm sure there are things that can be changed. But im only talking about pvp in itself, not the gear and titles and how to get it.

Have they been balancing more this early on in this expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    They didn't screw it up like it was a "woops!" The RNG crap is fully intended to make you grind longer = more sub time and $$ for Blizz. They aren't going to "fix" something they did purposely.

It's that simple.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-10-09 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    They didn't screw it up like it was a "woops!" The RNG crap is fully intended to make you grind longer = more sub time and $$ for Blizz. They aren't going to "fix" something they did purposely.

It's that simple.
    That is my thought too... I started to level my many alts because I got bored about this grinding waiting for some pieces I really need (vendors are plenty of my similar/duplicate items I don't need). This will probably be the fastest exp where I'll freeze my account.