Hey! I have an important question!

Hello, fellow MMO players! My name is Jake, and I want to get back into SWTOR! I used to play a ton, but I drifted away from it in order to pursue other video games at the time. Now, I have returned, and I have a very important question.

My friend told me that by doing exclusively story missions and heroics, you can level up no problem. Is this true?

Any answers or other tips you could provide would be fantastic! Thank you!

Pretty much.

As a sub, you can get through pretty much only doing your class story missions nowadays. As a non-sub you can get through with your class story missions and a mixture of planetary missions and/or tactical flashpoints (no more trinity for flashpoints while leveling now, they're all tacticals) or PvP. Side missions are 100% optional in every regard now.

you can do story mode flashpoints now also, so you dont miss out on them incase you cant find a group, you can just do your class missions on the planets and level up just doing those

Quote Originally Posted by ibluej4ever View Post
    Hello, fellow MMO players! My name is Jake, and I want to get back into SWTOR! I used to play a ton, but I drifted away from it in order to pursue other video games at the time. Now, I have returned, and I have a very important question.

My friend told me that by doing exclusively story missions and heroics, you can level up no problem. Is this true?

Any answers or other tips you could provide would be fantastic! Thank you!
    Yes right now there is double exp and the Dark v Light event. It would be a good time to get back into the game. Leveling has been made super easy. If you do the main class story, heroics and the intro PVP missions you will be fine. Once you hit the new level sync its simple to stay alive. Level sync locks you toon down to the planet level +3 levels. So if your level 40 but the planet is level 15 then you will be level 18. You gear and status all drop down to a level 18. So gearing is not real important. Just level your companion in Heal stand and enjoy the story.

Gearing you toon is simple too now. Just get the gear from heroics and save you crystals for updating your weapon. You should only need to replace gear every 10 or 15 levels.

My normal method for power leveling(8-16 hours played time) is,
    Start World Class Missions and Heroics,
    PVP intro questions and weekly
    Class Missions core world for your faction (Gets you a ship)
    Solo intro Flashpoint (Repeat till level 30)
    Remaining Solo Flashpoints till you get to Shadow of Reaven expac
    Story leveling for Shadow or Reaven and KoTFE.

Good Luck.