Deleted

Doubts about Feral stat priority

Hi guys,

Talking with a friend that also plays Feral, we are a little lost about our stat priority.

He says it's Agility-Versatility-50% Crit-Mastery-Haste, but on Icy-veins it says Agility-Mastery-Crit-Versatility-Haste, and we don't know anymore what's the correct priority.

Can anyone share some light on this?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achelon View Post
    Hi guys,

Talking with a friend that also plays Feral, we are a little lost about our stat priority.

He says it's Agility-Versatility-50% Crit-Mastery-Haste, but on Icy-veins it says Agility-Mastery-Crit-Versatility-Haste, and we don't know anymore what's the correct priority.

Can anyone share some light on this?

Thanks!
    If you dont like the answers you get from places like Icy Veins then you probably want to teach yourself to sim and decide what stats you think are important. Myself, I have neither the time or the patience to learn so I am inclined to take IcyVeins at its word.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Make a calculation,

350 crit = 1% (simple calculation, dont forget about combo point gain on crits, but this is just for damage understandings) - after gaining 40% of crit with row 1 talent or 50% without, it loses abit on shred while stealthed = incarnation - this is why i guess versatility might be a question
    400 vers = 1%

175 mastery = 1% - this means its double as fast to gain compared to crit, making it better IF more than 50% of your damage dealt is bleeding, or worse if it less than 50% (remember, combo point generation on crit)
    325 haste = 1% almost as good as crit, but more difficult to compare with its indirect effect on energy gain. but as the priority list of actions works pretty smooth imho this part could be counted out - you would only spend it on 1-2 additional shreds or bites, not on rake or rip, and auto attacks and moonfire do not make up 100% of your damage where its influence would be equal to crit or versatility

only leaving out agility, cant factor it in with my level of understandings on the matter, but i would believe its effect to be stronger than 2nd stats, because there is no mechanicaly broken 2nd stat like with arms warriors mastery.

so now on to facts by simulationcraft, this is for my more ore less unused feral spec.
    dps per point of
    Agility=8.28
    Versatility=5.59
    CritRating=4.70
    HasteRating=4.65
    MasteryRating=3.78
    Last edited by mmoc074c0f2a05; 2016-10-09 at 09:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    Make a calculation,

350 crit = 1% (simple calculation, dont forget about combo point gain on crits, but this is just for damage understandings) - after gaining 40% of crit with row 1 talent or 50% without, it loses abit on shred while stealthed = incarnation - this is why i guess versatility might be a question
    400 vers = 1%

175 mastery = 1% - this means its double as fast to gain compared to crit, making it better IF more than 50% of your damage dealt is bleeding, or worse if it less than 50% (remember, combo point generation on crit)
    325 haste = 1% almost as good as crit, but more difficult to compare with its indirect effect on energy gain. but as the priority list of actions works pretty smooth imho this part could be counted out - you would only spend it on 1-2 additional shreds or bites, not on rake or rip, and auto attacks and moonfire do not make up 100% of your damage where its influence would be equal to crit or versatility

only leaving out agility, cant factor it in with my level of understandings on the matter, but i would believe its effect to be stronger than 2nd stats, because there is no mechanicaly broken 2nd stat like with arms warriors mastery.

so now on to facts by simulationcraft, this is for my more ore less unused feral spec.
    dps per point of
    Agility=8.28
    Versatility=5.59
    CritRating=4.70
    HasteRating=4.65
    MasteryRating=3.78
    This. I am having similar stat priority, but honestly getting the gear can be somewhat time consuming. A piece of advice try to form a full leather group when farming gear.

Those seem so out of whack with Icey Veins' stat weights.
    Agility: 1
    Mastery: 0.65
    Critical Strike: 0.63
    Versatility: 0.6
    Haste: 0.51
    The confusion is high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neiljwd View Post
    Those seem so out of whack with Icey Veins' stat weights.
    The confusion is high.
    Thats why I specified these values are based on simcraft of my own druid (as an example of the above explanation).
    Using different talents and other gear shifts values.

You need to download simcraft and sim your own character. Beginning of the expansion crit was my best stat, right now versatility is. It's going to change with every piece of gear you equip. If you care enough to be skeptical of Icy Veins/Wowhead/etc, then you should be simming.

Deleted
    as a rule of thumb:
    Mastery becomes the best stat once you get the trait ashmanes rip (19 points into the weapon)
    Haste becomes much weaker once you have enough crit/haste to easily sustain your bleeds
    crit/vers are quite similiar.

but then again you should if you can always sim yourself to obtain more precise weights