Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is there any reason to keep doing Withered Army after exalted?

I won't be doing the rep grind on my alts but just wondering this for my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Llothian Fox, toys, legendaries, AP. With all the upgrades and such, I start with 15 withered and get max points in about 10 minutes, so it's not that bad

10+ Year Old Account
    If you havn't got the fox mount yet and really want it, it might be nice to keep doing it.

Pretty much what's been said above.

Toys, a chance at the fox mount, legendaries, and I think a select few recipes and hidden artifacts (for a few specs) drop as well.

So if you care for neither of that stuff, then no, don't bother. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Pretty much what's been said above.

Toys, a chance at the fox mount, legendaries, and I think a select few recipes and hidden artifacts (for a few specs) drop as well.

So if you care for neither of that stuff, then no, don't bother. :P
    I didn't know you could get legs, might be good to keep doing then i guess since i dont have any yet

Deleted
    So, just get 400 Points and be done with it? Or is it better run to the end each time?

I'm exalted but never actually finished the training run. I think I have got almost all the chests though.

One big chest is in the final room.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    So, just get 400 Points and be done with it? Or is it better run to the end each time?
    There's not much else left except the small chests. At least Leatherworkers need to open those for a recipe, though.

Not for me Not having to do training anymore was one of the best things about getting to exalted (and I think the wrap up to that zone was terribly underwhelming, fwiw). It was fun a few times, but meh.

I just do the 400 mana, kill one mob and call it in. I'll take my chances with the chest after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Llothian Fox, toys, legendaries, AP. With all the upgrades and such, I start with 15 withered and get max points in about 10 minutes, so it's not that bad
    Easy and quick way to get Mana and a several hundred gold, too.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Chance for a legendary from chest. Some artifact power. Plus, it goes so much easier once you've opened all the chests and powered up your army. Even Dro just melts now. I run in, get my 450, and open my chest. No legendary yet, but a guy can dream, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TnTizz View Post
    I won't be doing the rep grind on my alts but just wondering this for my main.
    Surprised you wouldn't do this on your alts? Is there a faster way to get artifact power? The Suramar quest line gives out more AP faster than any other content in game, in my experience.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    I thought the fox only dropped from the Suramar world quest chest?

I'm still doing the training on my WW monk anyway for the hidden artefact but didn't even know the fox item dropped from the scenario.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    I thought the fox only dropped from the Suramar world quest chest?

I'm still doing the training on my WW monk anyway for the hidden artefact but didn't even know the fox item dropped from the scenario.
    Can drop from the end chest
    On topic . I'm personally hoping they make the rep tokens BoA at some point, will make it worthwhile to keep repeating past exalted, for alts alone

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    (and I think the wrap up to that zone was terribly underwhelming, fwiw)
    That's because it wasn't the wrap up for the zone. It was a "to be continued..." with more to the story coming in a future patch.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    That's because it wasn't the wrap up for the zone. It was a "to be continued..." with more to the story coming in a future patch.
    Good point. I guess I should rephrase it, given that you have to get to exalted to see the extent of the current story, it seems like a bit of a letdown.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't even be bothered to get 400 mana. It's too much work. So I stopped doing it.

Fox mount, tiny bit of AP and the chest is a potential legendary + some classes have hidden skins in there.

Is there a way to kill the run early once you hit 400 points? I stopped doing it once I hit exalted because it seemed like once your army was powerful enough the only to end the phase was to get all the way to the end.

Deleted
    ^ run away from them rly quickly or just die