Outlaw vs sub vs sin

Which one's better for the long run?
    I am playing outlaw now and the RNG+SS proc are just pathetic. And to be reliant 100% on rng is just stupid imo.
    I heard sub is very good aoe wise, little bit less than outlaw, performs very well single target aswell
    Sin is shit aoe, but very strong sustained damage.
    Which one's better to switch to? I am tired of playing outlaw and knowing that I'll be relying on rng all the time
    Thank you

it's hard to predict long run since buffs/nerfs can happen any time

but i'd say sub is the safest bet, but all 3 look roughly equal to each other they just shine in different things.

however assa's wep is cheap as fuck, you can basically max it out for 350k points so if you just focus on sub and assa ends up being better it wont be hard to make the swap.

7+ Year Old Account
    They are both all alright in the long run Assa is gonna get better at AOE over time, Outlaw will get less RNG-based and Sub will proberly be fun in the near future...hopefully.

Play them all, pick what you like. The best spec might become the worst spec in next patch, so no need to worry about it
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    however assa's wep is cheap as fuck, you can basically max it out for 350k points so if you just focus on sub and assa ends up being better it wont be hard to make the swap.
    It's sad how you have to buy 5-6 totally useless traits as sub before you can get the most important gold traits. While assassination can completely skip the worst stuff.

...and two dodge traits in a row... wtf

Assassination > all else, 'cuz of much reasons, mainly because of versatility towards almost all raid scenarios ( except small AoE, meaning to dispatch of low health enemies ), and hyper-super-duper advantageous when AoE'ing on Mythic+ ( from 4 and beyond, thank Subterfuge, but remember that before that, everything dies so fast that it doesn't have time to setup shit and shine properly )

I can see a nerf incoming but ... makes much more sense buff the other two instead of nerfing assass

it's hard to predict long run since buffs/nerfs can happen any time

but i'd say sub is the safest bet, but all 3 look roughly equal to each other they just shine in different things.

True story....We can't say wich is better cause buff and Nerf will Happend

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    It's sad how you have to buy 5-6 totally useless traits as sub before you can get the most important gold traits. While assassination can completely skip the worst stuff.

...and two dodge traits in a row... wtf
    Isn't there a hidden trait or something that buffs damage all around that you want to cap out all traits to unlock anyway, even those that are useless in pve?

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Isn't there a hidden trait or something that buffs damage all around that you want to cap out all traits to unlock anyway, even those that are useless in pve?
    Yeah but I believe he's talking about the "time spent" vs. "increase in damage", assassination has the best setup by far among the three specs

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Assassination > all else, 'cuz of much reasons, mainly because of versatility towards almost all raid scenarios ( except small AoE, meaning to dispatch of low health enemies ), and hyper-super-duper advantageous when AoE'ing on Mythic+ ( from 4 and beyond, thank Subterfuge, but remember that before that, everything dies so fast that it doesn't have time to setup shit and shine properly )

I can see a nerf incoming but ... makes much more sense buff the other two instead of nerfing assass
    I can see your point, but I get a little confused esp since most mythic raid rogues(I´ve been talking to) are saying assi has the worst scaling. As in worst scaling as the expansion progresses. They all told me to go Outlaw until I got some Mythic gear then go Sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashi View Post
    I can see your point, but I get a little confused esp since most mythic raid rogues(I´ve been talking to) are saying assi has the worst scaling. As in worst scaling as the expansion progresses. They all told me to go Outlaw until I got some Mythic gear then go Sub.
    That is above my paygrade, only time will tell if sub will really out-DPS assassination or not, and I feel perfectly secure to say that it might happen only IF you have the legendary boots for it, even at Mythic tier gear

That is above my paygrade, only time will tell if sub will really out-DPS assassination or not, and I feel perfectly secure to say that it might happen only IF you have the legendary boots for it, even at Mythic tier gear
    well i think the fact that sub is less reliant on stacking a single stat might help it pull ahead, but they'll stay fairly close i'd wager

well i think the fact that sub is less reliant on stacking a single stat might help it pull ahead, but they'll stay fairly close i'd wager
    Huh? With the current agreed upon "best" sin spec you have three pretty worthwhile stats.

But ... the same goes for assassination ...

Quote Originally Posted by Grizvok View Post
    Huh? With the current agreed upon "best" sin spec you have three pretty worthwhile stats.
    poison build is just as if not more reliant on crit

the rest of the stats are good too, but crit is just insanely valuable due to getting reliable 4pt muts skyrockets the spec

Sub has the worst AOE (basically the same as Assass AOE without a DoT added), and it's artifact tree is a mess (unless you like dodge). I haven't touched Outlaw, but Assassination's been good to me. Like, top 5-3 on most damage meters good.

the rest of the stats are good too, but crit is just insanely valuable due to getting reliable 4pt muts skyrockets the spec
    That isn't the point. The point is that the other stats (I mean stats that aren't crit) which are going to be present on a lot of gear are still very beneficial and a major dps increase. So yeah we are aiming for a huge crit %'age but that doesn't mean that the secondary stats are worthless. Seeing the statement you made would lead one to believe that Mastery and Versatility are plain bad for Assassination when that just isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizvok View Post
    That isn't the point. The point is that the other stats (I mean stats that aren't crit) which are going to be present on a lot of gear are still very beneficial and a major dps increase. So yeah we are aiming for a huge crit %'age but that doesn't mean that the secondary stats are worthless. Seeing the statement you made would lead one to believe that Mastery and Versatility are plain bad for Assassination when that just isn't the case.
    i verbatum said the opposite of that, so i dont think anyone with reading comprehension would think im saying versa and mast are bad
    all i said was that crit's value sort of double dips for assa and sub has no such stats all of them are just raw dmg increases

i dont know what it is about assasination players but whenever someone says something pseudo negative about the spec they jump down people's throats.

Crit is much more valuable to people who use Elaborate Planning talent, it ensures its uptime ( while not losing much damage to many 3~4 CP Envenoms among the rotation ) so much you'd be surprised

Averagely speaking, Crit >= or = Mastery for everything else basically

But for poison builds, don't get the wrong idea, w/o mastery, your damage will still be good, but no way in hell as good if you had high mastery alongside with high crit

Crit is much more valuable to people who use Elaborate Planning talent, it ensures its uptime ( while not losing much damage to many 3~4 CP Envenoms among the rotation ) so much you'd be surprised

Averagely speaking, Crit >= or = Mastery for everything else basically

But for poison builds, don't get the wrong idea, w/o mastery, your damage will still be good, but no way in hell as good if you had high mastery alongside with high crit
    well in my mind "poison build" is the agonizing poison build WITH EP psure MP non ago builds arent viable

I've spoken to the top Rogues and they've all said as of now, Sub will be king 870+. outlaw till 850, then assa till 870 then sub all the way. Sub scales so well.