Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Roughly 3-5 times the rewards for running heroic dungeons would get me to do it.
    thats greedy :> when you know that mythic3 is only +36% more dmg and life or 47% with +6

but i dont know dont like random mythic + yesterday a grp wanted me to tank +5 and they all had 150k dps , took us 65 min did not have fun ^^

Given alt interactions with this problem - I'd only do it for the friend asking me to.

Other than that?

Common mythic could be completed in ~810 gear back in the first week, so IMO, it's an entry-lvl PvE content now, much like heroics were back in the other expansions, so there's no reason a geared tank or a healer would stick for more than one run, and even if he or she could there's one tiny problem, and that's the community. People that can't and don't want to learn, who think they can ignore mechanic, stand in shit, do 150k per dungeon and say "wut do you mean I suck, lul". Even for a moderate reward, I wouldn't mind logging in to my tank/healer alt and doing normal mythics if it wasnt for these guys making me wanna leave the group and play something single player.

For mythic+ with the same topic - if the group IS decent, and it knows it, it's easily recognizable and your tank and healer would at least consider sticking around for a while, if they have a time.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Healer here. There is absolutely nothing that will get me to run PuG Mythics, whether regular or M+. The community, for the most part, is toxic and garbage. I get frustrated enough at random Heroics by the usual dumb mistakes: stand in fire, purposely not do mechanics, the yelling of "gogogo", the bitching, etc. Mind you, these aren't people who outgear the dungeon; these are people who either undergear it or are right -at- the mark, and they -cannot- do these things. I can only imagine Mythics being a godawful trainwreck that's similar, if not worse.

I'm in a guild for two reasons:

1) To play with my friends.
    2) To -not- PuG.

I would do them around the clock honestly. I love dungeons. One thing that I would like to see is a system where you can get artifact power / blood of sarge again from subsequent runs.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by General Junos View Post
    Healer here. There is absolutely nothing that will get me to run PuG Mythics, whether regular or M+. The community, for the most part, is toxic and garbage. I get frustrated enough at random Heroics by the usual dumb mistakes: stand in fire, purposely not do mechanics, the yelling of "gogogo", the bitching, etc. Mind you, these aren't people who outgear the dungeon; these are people who either undergear it or are right -at- the mark, and they -cannot- do these things. I can only imagine Mythics being a godawful trainwreck that's similar, if not worse.

I'm in a guild for two reasons:

1) To play with my friends.
    2) To -not- PuG.
    weirdly the only go go go i hear in mythic dungeons are comming form healers

I don't even run most regular mythics once, except for Arcway because it drops my BiS trinket. Supposedly anyway. Even if they gave me 15k a run I wouldn't do it, nor would 10k AP do it.

For the people saying that they'd run mythics with the heroic CTA bag: what? How poor are you that you're subjecting yourself to 30 minutes of torture for a meager 1500g...

10+ Year Old Account
    If people weren't assholes, I'd pug more. I only pug the easier content, so player skill isn't a huge issue for me, it just comes down to the fact that people are assholes and I don't want to help them in any way. Back in my pugging days at the end of wod, it was pretty much impossible to do any run without shit talking happening over some silly shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    I don't even run most regular mythics once, except for Arcway because it drops my BiS trinket. Supposedly anyway. Even if they gave me 15k a run I wouldn't do it, nor would 10k AP do it.

For the people saying that they'd run mythics with the heroic CTA bag: what? How poor are you that you're subjecting yourself to 30 minutes of torture for a meager 1500g...
    I wouldn't want to be paid by the group though (did some of that at the start of legion) cause then the entitlement seeps in and people are even less inclined to perform.

I think its a fundamental design issue. As a healer, if everything goes perfectly, the dungeon is pretty boring and I get to do some lackluster dps. If not, well, I have to fix everyone's mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    If people weren't assholes, I'd pug more. If only pug the easier content, so player skill isn't a huge issue than me, its just comes down to the fact that people are assholes and I don't want to help them in any way
    just wow not every1 is a asshole you know

A "low healer/tank" bonus of a few ilvls or higher chance at another piece of shit loot. That or just something of value rather than 20-30 mins that I could be doing something else in.

Tank here. I need a babysitter for my kids and a spa gift for my wife. That's all I need to pug them all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    Yeah, my guildmates aren't.

I also modified my post to explain why I have those views. The only time I've had to do a lot of pugging was the end of wod, because that expansion was so bad most of my guild quit. The general community in this game is incredibly toxic, not everyone, but most.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    No but most are in pugs.

I wouldnt mind running multiple mythics for pugs as a healer with no reward if the dps would play their characters right and learn how to stay out of shit.

Most of them dont even know how to play their class and their dps is marginal at best.

15+ Year Old Account
    It currently takes either me having a quest there with a reward I care for (quite rare) or guildies/friends asking me for help.

They will never ever give out something as ridiculously valuable as "multiple IDs per week" or a bag with such an enormous amount of AP/gold/runes as you suggest. It's simply asking too much.
    And offering anything less than "so much that you're objectively disadvantaging yourself by not taking these rewards" is probably not going to be enough to entice any more tanks&healers to drag themselves through more pugs again (or to make some dps respec or reroll).

It's simply something that won't be fixed by something as simple as arbitrary extra rewards (any such fixes would only help very short-term and be quite unhealthy for the playerbase anyway). It wpuld require some retuning of the game to shift the playerbase towards a more balanced distribution. And even then, many people are just psychologically used to being DPS only and still wouldn't want to switch over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    So, a large portion of the folks screaming for mythics to have their own queue in the dungeon finder seem to forget one little thing: You can only get loot from mythic dungeons once per week. If we currently have...

100 Tanks
    100 Healers
    5000 DPS

... players wanting to run mythic dungeons each day, then it doesn't matter if there's a group finder or not - Unless those tanks/healers re-run the content for no reason whatsoever, 4700 DPS players aren't going to get into a dungeon that day.

Obviously, none of us are really doing that... I mean, why would we? I'll rerun for guildies, but that's about it. As I see it, the two options are.

A) Allow tanks/healers to loot mythic dungeon bosses multiple times.
    This could work. DPS players may not like the idea, but it'd greatly increase their chances of getting a dungeon, so I guess they'll perhaps consider it worthwhile.

B) Call to Arms Satchel AKA Bribe Bag.
    Personally, the bag would have to be VASTLY better than the heroic bag for me to entertain the idea of redoing mythics for no loot. Perhaps for 10k AP, 5k gold, and 10+ runes a pop, it'd prove popular enough to get tanks interested in running multiples, or maybe even get some hybrids playing tanks/healers for that content.

Any other ideas? What would it take for you to re-run mythic dungeons for PuGs?
    I sometimes run them with pugs already. Got two tanks at 870+. I do the dungeons because I hope to meet nice people. But usually I just meet drooling lackwits who literally can't do anything in this game except spam memes in chat and ask recount after one trash pack for their 50k aoe dps. And there is not enough rewards in the whole of WoW to pay for carrying those kind of people.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's stopping me from running more dungeons as tank/healer? Hunters with barrage. Bad healers or tanks I'd have to cooperate with, especially coupled with said hunters with barrage. Hard to get healing/tanking trinkets/relics since I don't dare to set my lootspec to tank or healer because any legendaries need to be for my mainspec. For non-queue content such as mythics, no enticing reward. I'm happily going with friends/guildies, but for randoms? No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    A) Allow tanks/healers to loot mythic dungeon bosses multiple times.
    This could work. DPS players may not like the idea, but it'd greatly increase their chances of getting a dungeon, so I guess they'll perhaps consider it worthwhile.
    Maybe something like give them 1 free coin only usable inside the dungeon, so they have 1 shot at loot from 1 boss. What you suggested is vastly OP and would make tanks and healers gear up ridiculously fast.
    B) Call to Arms Satchel AKA Bribe Bag.
    Personally, the bag would have to be VASTLY better than the heroic bag for me to entertain the idea of redoing mythics for no loot. Perhaps for 10k AP, 5k gold, and 10+ runes a pop, it'd prove popular enough to get tanks interested in running multiples, or maybe even get some hybrids playing tanks/healers for that content.
    300 AP, 2k, 4-10 runes, and even that's stretching it a bit far.

As someone who plays both a tank and a healer: The current system is fine. We just need some of the DPS players to consider doing either of the more important roles and it'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Nothing, nothing they could possibly give me would make me pug mythics...much less mythic+.

I am a healer and will ONLY run with a guild group...PERIOD.

They could give me all sorts of free crap/gold/gear/more AP.....none of it would make me join harder content with random people...ever.

Have you people actually seen how bad people are at this game in general when the content requires you to actually do something other than stand still and mash a few dps buttons....nothing would make me queue into mythics. Not saying I am the best player in the game..not by a mile, but I DO know how to play my class and avoid shit on the ground, while following intended mechanics.

So, when people start getting better at this game, tanks pulling correctly, using mitigation, interuptting...and when dps starts using cooldowns...interrupting casts..MOVING OUT OF AOE...I MIGHT think about pugging mythics...since that has not happening in almost 10 years of WoW by the majority of players, I likely will never queue mythics...no 'bribe bag' will ever change that...nothing in this game is worth the bullshit associated with random groups.
    I haven't had issues in normal mythic as heals. They don't go SMOOTHLY but they aren't terrible. But mythic+ is stressful and often the group disintegrates as soon as one person makes one mistake, with someone spewing out some "lol scrubs git gud" drivel and leaving group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its wonderful how many of my fellow tanks and healers agree that the reason we typically don't pug is because most people have shitty attitudes and refuse to put even the slightest bit of effort in. Maybe people will start to get a clue.

Improved bribe bag that is BoA.

Until then, I'll never pug.