Deleted

What can I do to improve myself?

Heya awesome forum people,

Unfortunately I didn't pass my raider trial. They won't explain to me why exactly, so perhaps you can help me out. The only thing I got was that I'm dead too often, but that confused me. I'm the Mistweaver monk named Roshyna, and here's the latest log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...D8Mnh#fight=29 (the m+ was not meant to be in the log). I don't want to fail my trial in another guild, so here I am

I understand I can improve my renewing mist usage a bit more. Cooldowns are shouted out by the raid leader. Perhaps also use more Uplifting Trance. I feel that's a little bit weak though when there's 20 people in the raid and I'm better of casting Essence Font. True or not?

Am I missing anything?

Thank you for helping!

Deleted
    If they only rejected you because you're dead too often it most likely means your healing isn't the issue... but I had a look at the logs you linked, you only died once, So I'm a bit confused. I'm no healer but your heals seem to be alright, I'm sure a full mist-weaver will be able to give you some proper advises. If what the guild leader is saying is true and on other raids you stood in too much stuff and died, Try and remember to use all of the monks mobility, roll/transcendence (and Tigers lust if you have it) means you should be able to avoid stuff on the ground pretty easy.

Other then that I'm afraid I don't know what to say. You don't seem to die too much. :s

Deleted
    GTL to get chicks. Books and hands-on training to get grades. Glue your lips to a local prominent politician's ass to get money.

Oh, you mean... in the game?

Deleted
    Well i only looked up the HC log. I wouldnt play with Manatee if u dont have some really big mana issues. Go with Focus Thunder and try to spread ur RM around the Raid and active on as much PPL u can. Than use ur Uplifting Trance Progs, cause u gonna get a lot of them and in my opinion alot of buffed Vivifys are better then some expensive EF. If u want to use EF more often use Manatee with RJW - but i prefer the RM - vivify playstyle.
    In that HC fight u could have used ur Revival twice so maybe start to use it by urself

Look up the Rankings for MW-Monks in some fights in Emerald Nightmare on warcraftlogs with ur Gearscore - U gonna see some playing with Manatee+RJW and a lot of EssenzFOnt or some PPL with a lot of Healing done with RM + Vivify

Deleted
    I didn't dive too deep in the logs, but, just from an initial impression of your healing sources, I feel you rely on Essence Font faaaaaaaaaaaaar too much. Not only is it always your number 1 healing source, but your Renewing Mists and Vivify numbers are actively suffering from you dumping all your mana into the bottomless sink that is Essence Font.

I know a lot of people swear by EF, but I'm a firm believer in relying on it only in heavy raid-wide damage situations. Most of the time, at least in my opinion, you should be spreading Mists with Thunder Focus Tea and casting buffed Vivifies off the procs. I haven't checked your Armory, but seeing as how someone mentioned Mana Tea, I'll pitch in that I also advise against using it - not only does it have a higher opportunity cost than the arguably better Focused Thunder, but, when you use it, you often feel like you HAVE to get the most benefit out of it and end up tricking yourself into casting too much.

By "you're dead too often", is it possible that your guildies meant that you are out of mana far too early and are unable to contribute to the healing (eg "dead weight") when needed?

Deleted
    Hello

Thing u can remove essence font from your bars. It drain u from mana very fast and ist not very efective in my opinion. Try talent that reduce mana cost of vivify and enveloping mists, and just rotate this two spells. Put Enveloping mists to tank wha have agro and then use vivify to heal the raid. Dont take mana tea as 110 talent, try to use thunder focu tea insteed, instant enveloping mist is life saving spell and then u can use free vivify. just use your thunder focus tea on CD. I use this strat and i dont run out of mana. And in that log that you post, i can see only one dead, this is thing what you have to learn, how boss fights work and what you can do in fight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytzi View Post
    Hello

Thing u can remove essence font from your bars. It drain u from mana very fast and ist not very efective in my opinion. Try talent that reduce mana cost of vivify and enveloping mists, and just rotate this two spells. Put Enveloping mists to tank wha have agro and then use vivify to heal the raid. Dont take mana tea as 110 talent, try to use thunder focu tea insteed, instant enveloping mist is life saving spell and then u can use free vivify. just use your thunder focus tea on CD. I use this strat and i dont run out of mana. And in that log that you post, i can see only one dead, this is thing what you have to learn, how boss fights work and what you can do in fight.
    I do not agree with this. Please note I am no Monk god. I have been playing MW since MoP and this is purely from research, testing in raids and its what works for me.

1) Essence font, while expensive, is our most efficient spell. Not only does it provide a little HoT but it allows you to get double mastery. Mastery heals proc off of ReM. So what I do a lot in times of heavy damage is EF>TFT>3 ReM that three targets with huge heals to them. Past that point the EF buff would have fallen off. PLEASE NOTE you cannot spam this... you may get 6 to 8 casts or so and your OoM. And I think that number may even be generous.

2) Empowered EnM is a waste in my opinion unless Life Cocoon is on cool down. You should mainly use TFT on vivifies for the mana conservation (assuming you took Focus Thunder) you get 2 free vivifies. Using TFT for ReM will make you go OoM faster than with vivifies. I tend to balance this with TFT>Vivify>ReM>ReM. You'll get ReM out to get the procs but your not using mana as quickly. If you are good at managing mana then feel free to use TFT on ReM.

3) Someone said RJW... please for the love of god do not use this unless your doing Ursoc. RJW is stupid expensive but does provide a nice 20% buff to EF. Use this only with Mana Tea which should only be taken for this fight imho.

4) Now on to your logs, I notice that you do not cast Vivify nearly enough. Over the course of that fight you should have a lot more than 8 procs for vivify. You are casting Effuse way to much... that spell is basically worthless. The only good thing about that spell is to get SoM going fast but even SoM isn't going to be channeled for that long. Sheilun's Gift isn't casted enough. Don't wait for it to get to 12 stacks unless there is a huge tank damage coming. Aim to use this around 6, give or take some. Lastly, I cant tell if you did or not, but try to use Chi-Ji on CD unless there is some raid wide damage coming like winds from the spider boss. In that case, I pop Chi-Ji>TFT>2 EFs and I do 2 only so everyone is getting a HoT. Keep in mind that there is no reason to go ham in instances like this, keep your cool, cause in the end healing is a team effort. You will have other healers assisting in this as well.

Overall, your HPS is fine and 1 death isn't that big of an issue. In all honesty, on Il'gynoth, that RDruid should be ashamed of himself only pulling 97k HPS. They should of made him go Boomy or something and you heal.

Tell you what, you want a job, transfer to Thrall and look me up. I'll get you a job. You are plenty good enough as a healer. Just need a little fine tuning.

Check out www.checkmywow.com
    Last edited by CParker1987; 2016-10-10 at 07:52 PM. Reason: addition

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hey I want to give you a hand and I took a little time to go through your logs. To give a little background on myself I am a mythic raider, and have been doing all the content close to if not greater than top US 100 for years. I will try and give you 2 simple things to work on, and explain them slightly.

1) The largest problem I can jump on immediately is your lack of usage of renewing mist. It is terrifying low in terms of your overall healing % breakdown. Use a weak aura or tellmewhen to notify you when it is up. I personally have a sound queue to go off when it comes off CD so I dont have to look at my bars. Use renewing mist on CD, and you will also want to use it with 99% of your Thunder Tea CDs. Until you become more comfortable with the decision making of when or when not to use Thunder Tea on other spells (eg; movement during raiding wide dmg = TFT + Essence Font) I would lean to using it 100% of the time with renewing mist.

2) Use Vivify more instead of effuse. Always keep an eye out for Vivify procs, and try to use them as much of as you can, while being efficient with your mana. The problem with the amount of effuse that you did is that it is very mana inefficient. I will often only use it if I know there will be a few seconds of healing downtime (eg; I wont be casting in the next 3+ seconds) and I want to get soothing mist onto a target which is most often a tank. Vivify also has the added bonus of being a smart heal, as it will heal injured players, and will therefore overheal less.

Now one thing I saw you do right that other people who were too lazy to notice is your use of essence font. Your overhealing is very low on this spell, and that is great! You understand when to use it. I exclusively take Mana Tea as my 110 talent, partly out of laziness but also because it allows the freedom to use EF more. While it should not normally be your top heal, it can be a huge % chunk of your overall healing.

In essence, just work on your renewing mist and vivify usage and you will watch your numbers soar higher and will be very desirable a new raid group.

If you want to compare numbers, please feel free to use my logs. Look up Hïp on Mug'Thol, on warcraftlogs.

If you would like to view what I do from my own PoV I do put my kill videos of mythic content on youtube. Just PM me and I can send you the link.

Deleted
    Sorry I did not respond earlier. Thanks everyone for all your advice, it has been very helpful and I very much appreciate it. I did figure out more or less why I did not pass trial. In short, it had something to do with drama that was out of my control. Unlucky, really.

I will make a TMW for Vivify procs and Renewing mist. I like the idea of a sound, haven't used that before. I didn't think of casting less Effuse, I'll focus on that too! I think I can definitely do better. I've specced into Rising Thunder to get the hang of it and will switch between that and Focused Thunder depending on the fight.

Thanks again, it is very appreciated!