Audio copyright (Twitch/Youtube)

Heya,

I've streamed quite a bit and at times highlight some boss kills on my stream to upload it to youtube.
    Sadly enough I like to listen to some nice music and at times (A lot of times) either twitch or youtube mutes the audio in the video.

On one side I can understand why they do it (money), at the other I don't.
    Isn't it good to have your music played on a video - making maybe someone aware of the awesome music and they end up buying it?

Shifting through thousands of song just to check up on their copyright shit is insanity and I won't do such a thing.
    I even have some music as a digital buy or on a legit cd/dvd.

Is there actually anything I can do about the muted music?
    Or is the industry just being a bitch?

Doubt you can do much about it other than find some other music.

7+ Year Old Account
    I had the same "problem". You don't own the rights of the music, so you can't use it. I asked some guys on Youtube (youtube.com/watch?v=8Ecq5Sx5CzA) if I could use their music for my videos and they said yes. Problem was, at least for me, solved

You need permission from the rights holder to use music in publications.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You need permission from the rights holder to use music in publications.
    So that basically means you're screwed if you use something from a big firm.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you can stop playing copyrighted music. You don't have the right to use their songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Yeah, you can stop playing copyrighted music. You don't have the right to use their songs.
    Inb4 they mute their songs IRL.
    /spoilsport
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-10-09 at 02:55 PM.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Inb4 they mute their songs IRL.
    Let me be more specific then. You have the right to play their songs through their official channels, but you can't spread it to an audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    So that basically means you're screwed if you use something from a big firm.
    Dunno about screwed. You can't do it for free, if that's what you mean by "screwed".

For example, you can use http://www.umusicpub.com/#contentReq...ontentOptions= to apply for a licence to use media owned by Universal Music Publishing Group. That's how you do it while avoiding copyright strikes or your video being muted/unlisted.

Deleted
    Fairly sure you can use something like Audacity to capture audio from set programs.
    If right, use it to record from game & mic & not to capture from whatever music player you're using.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you make money (any) from your videos?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

While it won't do anything for your muted streams, you can use something like Voicemeeter Banana to split your audio so the streaming software picks up desktop audio only, and your audio program uses their virtual line that only you can hear. Or vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do what everyone else does, and that's use music that isn't copyrighted. Lots of music on NewGrounds is pretty good and obviously nobody is going to flag your video for copyright. If anything, the creators would probably love it if you used their music, for recognition. I know there's music that you like and probably insist to listen to, but this is how the world of copyright works. Get creative or go without music.

if you want game/mic audio to remain on your videos but you still want to listen to music while playing.. virtual audio cable will be your new friend.

che volume can also make things much simpler when using virtual audio devices~

i mean or yeah stop listening to music you do not have the right to play publicly. whichever fits you best.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    So.... you took time out of your day to respond to somebody so special. I think you are more special than me.
    ... Wrong thread bud. Your thread is the other way.