Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Obliterum purpose nin 7.1

They'll become useless once you get 850itl and alts won't find any use for them because they require blood to use and i doubt many alts have the required blood to upgrade and jump straight into mythic dungeons and normal raids.

Edit: Can a mod change the word nin to in?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

They're already borderline worthless now, on my realm atleast. Barely worth 2k, when you consider that you get garrison missions that rewards a flat 900-1k gold with a 750 bonus...

Maybe they'll upgrade them, maybe through another questchain to "upgrade" your forge to prevent people from stacking Obliterum now and make loads after the item gets buffed. We'll have to see, I guess.

Deleted
    I'm sure it's been said that they will go up to 855, which let's be honest, isn't high enough to justify the mats needed
    Already crashed on my server as well, couple of K at most.

Crafting cost to high combined with a reward structure that's to low. In an attempt to make professions matter they knee jerked so hard away from the WoD style that it boomeranged into materials being so expensive but at the sometime made the rewards matter next to none. Hell I don't care much about professions anymore because of it. I can chant and from time to time I just buy an expensive ass gem if the dice roll that way. No need to worry beyond that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Crafting cost to high combined with a reward structure that's to low. In an attempt to make professions matter they knee jerked so hard away from the WoD style that it boomeranged into materials being so expensive but at the sometime made the rewards matter next to none. Hell I don't care much about professions anymore because of it. I can chant and from time to time I just buy an expensive ass gem if the dice roll that way. No need to worry beyond that.
    Same as you, I don't bother with most profs now. Gear you can get higher from WQS if they proc
    Engi I keep on alt purely for the gliders etc, enchant I've kept, alchemy I kept for the potions
    Rest I won't even level now

7+ Year Old Account
    We will nearly without a doubt see an upgrade to Obliterum, which makes them lvl up to 885 or something like that I would be very surpriced if they just dropped the Obliterum system after the first raid
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    They will not drop it. They already announced 8/8 gear upgrades for 7.1 patch. Small, but it shows intentions.

In 7.2 they will probably add Obliterum v2.0 that scales crafted gear up to 895 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    They will not drop it. They already announced 8/8 gear upgrades for 7.1 patch. Small, but it shows intentions.
    Source?
    Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I think the WoD model with raid-level craftables, but limited quantity worked better.
    Crafting wasn't an outright replacement to other gear when there was a cap on the quantity equipped.
    Better in my view than crafted gear which simply can't compete with the top-end.

Crafted only worked as a short-cut, it has no longevity.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I think the WoD model with raid-level craftables, but limited quantity worked better.
    Crafting wasn't an outright replacement to other gear when there was a cap on the quantity equipped.
    Better in my view than crafted gear which simply can't compete with the top-end.

Crafted only worked as a short-cut, it has no longevity.
    I agree. I think the garrison was more the issue than the profession system itself. Being feed endless gold and materials caused the professions to not matter much there. Not the quantity of materials and quality of the system. I don't mind crafted gear that can compete but certainly not equal to or top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neiljwd View Post
    Source?
    Please.
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...63970867556353

Deleted
    At least im not sad i was lazy to do my obliterum forge
    Bloods > herbs and other resources in 7.1 right?
    And crafted gear is only for alts or fresh toons.

I agree, they should move back to the WoD system of limiting crafted to 3 pieces and making it equal to Heroic at the high end. The only people that really got anything out of the current system were the cutting edge Mythic raiders who needed that quick boost at the start. I personally haven't bothered doing a single forge on my crafters, or looked into any crafted gear because the cost for an 850 item is too exorbitant for something I know I'm going to replace easily enough.

Epic fail, Blizz.

The only slot that is worth spending on is ring, get your best stat allocation version, toss in the +200 primary stat gem and keep it upgraded. You would need 2 upgrades to drop just to replace it and with how rings/necks are this xpac that is hard to get.

Deleted
    Don't you think they will upgrade Obliterum "powerupgrade" to NH Normal item level when the raid will be out?

That is corresponding to 850 item level of EN Normal?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think. I know. It will go to 8/8 (855 max). Blues said so. Just 6 posts above this and 5 above yours.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2016-10-23 at 03:20 PM.

At release, it was the same ilvl as EN normal. When ToV comes out, it's the same ilvl as ToV normal. When NH comes out, I wager it'll be the same as NH normal(875).

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan View Post
    At release, it was the same ilvl as EN normal. When ToV comes out, it's the same ilvl as ToV normal. When NH comes out, I wager it'll be the same as NH normal(875).
    I agree, the only way they can keep crafting relevant for the whole xpac is to at least let it go up to the current top raid normal loot ilvl.