Deleted

Dragons of Nightmare Mythic

So tonight we had our first attempts at Mythic Dragons, and we really struggle a lot. Most of the time the raid is dead at around 50%

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...b#type=summary

The raid damage gets really insane at time, we try to keep dispelling the shadow burst debuffs, but that isn't possible long-time since the healers go OOM pretty quickly from that. People are told to switch on the adds, interrupt them and simply move out of any voidzones

We are also not sure at how many stacks the tanks should start swapping the bosses.

All in all we weren't really prepared for the fight, and im certain we are playing the entire encounter completely wrong.

Currently, we position the bosses like in heroic but a bit further apart, send all our melees and a heal into the portal and thats it. Switch Boss at 7 stacks.

Could anyone take a quick glimpse at the logs and maybe tell me what we are doing wrong?

The hardest part of the fight is 60->40% by a fair margin. It's not uncommon to struggle at 50% at all.

Issue is that you're down 5 players (due to the portal) for those percentages, and you have to deal with sleeping clouds + flowers that has to be soaked + very high HP adds that has to be killed (extending the phase).

In any case, while I can't give a full breakdown;

You have 5 melee. You should only need 4 in the portal + 1 healer. Sit a melee for a ranged DPS good at controlling adds if at all possible (warlocks, hunters, mages). Melee are good inside the portal, but mediocre at best outside; If they go on the small adds spawned by the flowers, they're automatically doing 50% less damage, which means they can't really help on those; They just have to tunnel the boss (and shades of taerar etc).

Likewise, melee means that hunters can't misdirect the small flower adds to the tank without causing melee issues; They'll get hit by the -50% dmg debuff. I MD'd every time a flower spawned so they'd go for our tank (doing mediocre damage to a dragon), leaving our ranged (doing massive damage to adds+dragon) free to not kite them around.

Lastly, this encounter can be done extremely quick (6-7 minute kills in your gear level), or very slowly (9-10 minute kills); That means, this is a MECHANICS fight, not a DPS race. Keep up with the adds. Always prio them. Fuck your boss damage, just do the encounter. As soon as you get to the last dragon, you're gonna do pitiful damage on it after it hits 30%, because every single DPS needs to be on the spirits to kill them before they heal the dragons up. When your melee team gets out of the realm, you get 4 DPS more and they'll melt because you can do a spirit wave with extra dps, then ignore them and win.

We just did a night of it. Similar to you. I wonder if we're undergeared for it, average raid ilvl is 861 and healers were complaining about going OOM by 60% 5 healing. We added a sixth healer for a bit and got to 42% by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    We just did a night of it. Similar to you. I wonder if we're undergeared for it, average raid ilvl is 861 and healers were complaining about going OOM by 60% 5 healing. We added a sixth healer for a bit and got to 42% by the end.
    While that is certainly lower than I'd expect (you're on your third reset while doing mythics - your guild should easily be +865 avg at this point purely from heroics and mythic+ spamming), it honestly won't matter a lot. Your kill will just be in the slower end compared to better guilds. It's all about never ever falling behind on adds, and minimizing splash damage.

That being said, you're *really* not helped by your singular hunter playing BM. MM is absolutely incredible for this encounter due to the spread-cleave sub-40%, and the super strong instant MD's of the horror adds for the rest of the fight (remember, a horror next to a ranged dps trying to kill it because they have aggro = 50% less dmg). Likewise, all their add cleave is free, while BM's come at a cost of mobility and singletarget attacks.

Deleted
    This boss wasnt as tough as i thought it would be, from testing atleast.
    We tried 4 healing it(Really bad idea) but once we swapped to 5 heals it was alot easier.
    Portal team 4 melee 1 healer.

The fight is a pure 100% execution fight in my mind. Getting the shadow burst dispels right is the key for healers and it will make the rest of the fight easy. We do have 2 spriests, 1 each side to mass dispel for the roots and incase we fuck up the dispels. The healers just need to be very vocal. Both dispel 1 then when off cd get the lst one. We had a MW monk who could revival off the debuff too in an emergency.

Positioning well to put the plants in non aids locations and using both sides of the bosses helped alot.
    For example our left side complained about not enough room so we had them start on the side closest to the 3rd portal.
    We didnt really do anything special for the spirits. Just stuns/slows/ursols vortex.
    I havent looked at your logs but i would assume that your healers are going oom by healing up the damage from shadow burst going wrong. Remember they can easily channeled mana pot on this fight so it shouldnt be a problem. The healing needed really drops off once you have got the displs right.

We swapped at 6/7 stacks depending on the fear timers. Not much you can do about the fear just clench your butt for it.
    We had 8 people on left side 12 on right to start with. Have your melee team stay on right until they have to go to 2nd portal then stay on left

EDIT: Just looked at logs. Your hpriest shouldnt be casting mass dispel like that. Its gonna drain on his mana alot there isnt a need to especially when you have 2 spriests. They can do 2 before ooming. So we have them do 2 then use the hpriests one. Looked at your replay you are doing the bloodlust stacking thing at the start. What benefit does that give? We didnt do it. Is it so you can push something to skip something or?
    Last edited by mmoc343814da7d; 2016-10-10 at 07:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadohw View Post
    This boss wasnt as tough as i thought it would be, from testing atleast.
    We tried 4 healing it(Really bad idea) but once we swapped to 5 heals it was alot easier.
    Portal team 4 melee 1 healer.

The fight is a pure 100% execution fight in my mind. Getting the shadow burst dispels right is the key for healers and it will make the rest of the fight easy. We do have 2 spriests, 1 each side to mass dispel for the roots and incase we fuck up the dispels. The healers just need to be very vocal. Both dispel 1 then when off cd get the lst one. We had a MW monk who could revival off the debuff too in an emergency.

Positioning well to put the plants in non aids locations and using both sides of the bosses helped alot.
    For example our left side complained about not enough room so we had them start on the side closest to the 3rd portal.
    We didnt really do anything special for the spirits. Just stuns/slows/ursols vortex.
    I havent looked at your logs but i would assume that your healers are going oom by healing up the damage from shadow burst going wrong. Remember they can easily channeled mana pot on this fight so it shouldnt be a problem. The healing needed really drops off once you have got the displs right.

We swapped at 6/7 stacks depending on the fear timers. Not much you can do about the fear just clench your butt for it.
    We had 8 people on left side 12 on right to start with. Have your melee team stay on right until they have to go to 2nd portal then stay on left

EDIT: Just looked at logs. Your hpriest shouldnt be casting mass dispel like that. Its gonna drain on his mana alot there isnt a need to especially when you have 2 spriests. They can do 2 before ooming. So we have them do 2 then use the hpriests one. Looked at your replay you are doing the bloodlust stacking thing at the start. What benefit does that give? We didnt do it. Is it so you can push something to skip something or?

We stack them at the beginning and split at 2 stacks, it gives the raid time to do quite a bit of burst and cleave damage, which helps with pushing the next dragon pretty soon.

How are you guys handling the Shadow Burst debuff? Just let it explode and then dispell the affected players?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    We stack them at the beginning and split at 2 stacks, it gives the raid time to do quite a bit of burst and cleave damage, which helps with pushing the next dragon pretty soon.

How are you guys handling the Shadow Burst debuff? Just let it explode and then dispell the affected players?
    Yeah not doing anything special with it at all. Just dispelling it off. Obviously prio people if they are soaking plants or have volatile but with 2 healers each side its just 1 dispel each then 1 of you get the 3rd and final debuff. I alternate who dispels the 3rd just for mana sake though.
    If it jumps once outside of the 1st undispelable debuff you have fucked it up somewhere thats when you would emergency revival or mass dispel

Hi all,

Reviving this thread as we are trying out the dragons for the first time last night. I think our best attempt was like 35% (lethon healed toward the end) but never got to the last portal.

We start with pulling the dragons and cleaving them where Ysondre is standing and then splitting them. The first switch happens at 7 stacks after the first roar, the second switch happens when Taerar lands, and the third one at 7 stacks again.

The log can be found here:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7dAhBaCkWmcPt1X8/

Things I have noticed.
    1. Our protection Warrior has a bit trouble picking up some of the adds due to his limited range snap aggro toolbox. We tried helping him with MD but sometimes things are still loose. Our Guardian Druid had less problem with this. I would assume that Corruptions will need to be tanked, but do we need to worry about flowers being picked up?
    2. How many flowers should reasonably spawn per Plant? I would assume one but we were getting at least 2 per Plant before it is soaked, so I am wondering if it is just poor execution on our side.

If you find any obvious mistakes please don't hesitate to post here or PM me. Thanks a lot.