Page 1 of 2
LastLast

enhance or ele for mythic +

ele has better aoe but enhance better dps overall?

I haven't played ele much this expansion but I would say enhancement for mythic+ if you can't decide between them. Melee has an advantage in 5-mans and ranged has an advantage in raids. Also, enhance has both better single target dps and strong cleave damage, which allows them to do some damage to multiple targets while simultaneously focusing down a single target, which is very useful for dealing with dangerous trash packs.

Enhance, overbloated and clunky mechanics but still doing his job, just forgot about Ele.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Enhance, overbloated and clunky mechanics but still doing his job, just forgot about Ele.
    Overbloated and clunky? maybe the old enhance but not the new and improved!

Deleted
    I'd go with elemental. I'd say it's one of the top specs for mythic+, maybe enhancement is better if you're zerging +2 for 3 chests though. If it's a difficult run the earthquake aoe knockdown is very valuable and we do very good damage to packs of 3-4+ combined with the strong burst for bosses. I have elemental and enhancement specs with decent gear and I always pick elemental if the difficulty is high. Being ranged is still an advantage in difficult content too.

You may not look quite as impressive on the meters, although you should still be doing well, but in overall usefulness I think elemental takes it.

Deleted
    Higher mythics+ are all about st dps + some cleave. So go for enh

Deleted
    enhance is not clunky its one of the most fun melee classes imho.

Deleted
    Enhancement all the way. Top aoe AND single target dmg.
    If some class can beat you on single target, it will suck on trash.
    If it can beat you on trash, its cause of longer CD and they will suck on next 3-4 trash groups.
    You will be top dmg overal and leading on most of pacs/bosses.
    Ele is no way near enha right now.
    Movement fight for ele > shit. Long ramp up time for aoe and still behind enha.
    Ele can do amazing burst on boss without much unexpected movement and thats it, its fun to play tho, but as is playing enha.

As enha you have wolves on 2 min CD (can be reduces with legendary to ~30sec which is ridiculous in dungeons).
    Doom winds on 1 min CD.
    Interrupts without messing up your casts.
    + tauren war stomp on melee as extra stun to your totem.

Ele need some mechanical fixing, its fun to play but not even close to enha/resto viability.

Deleted
    honestly.... what is your Main spec? since... it will be easier to go with main spec....

I play as ele... and i cant disagree with people that say that enh is FTW... but if you play well as Ele and/or enh is played bad.... ele would come out on top... but thats a big if.

Go with your Main spec and with what weapon you have more AP in...

If you're playing as ele, switching to enh is kinda like making your life a bit harder

And if you're already enh, than nothing to worry about, stay enh (personally im in love with ele and never switching to enh... but thats my decision )

- - - Updated - - -

ps. both as ele and enh... there will be people that will not want to go with you... because... well its easier to find a bad player than a good one

enhance outshines ele in every area atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Noremis View Post
    Enhancement all the way. Top aoe AND single target dmg.
    If some class can beat you on single target, it will suck on trash.
    If it can beat you on trash, its cause of longer CD and they will suck on next 3-4 trash groups.
    You will be top dmg overal and leading on most of pacs/bosses.
    Ele is no way near enha right now.
    Movement fight for ele > shit. Long ramp up time for aoe and still behind enha.
    Ele can do amazing burst on boss without much unexpected movement and thats it, its fun to play tho, but as is playing enha.

As enha you have wolves on 2 min CD (can be reduces with legendary to ~30sec which is ridiculous in dungeons).
    Doom winds on 1 min CD.
    Interrupts without messing up your casts.
    + tauren war stomp on melee as extra stun to your totem.

Ele need some mechanical fixing, its fun to play but not even close to enha/resto viability.
    Is Enhance really that decent now? I mained it previous expansions but ditched it for Rogue. I'm now not enjoying Rogue as much as I used to and have debated swapping from it. My query with Enhance was; is it really as squishy as people claim? and how decent is the spec for things like general pve/pvp?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Is Enhance really that decent now? I mained it previous expansions but ditched it for Rogue. I'm now not enjoying Rogue as much as I used to and have debated swapping from it. My query with Enhance was; is it really as squishy as people claim? and how decent is the spec for things like general pve/pvp?
    enh is really decent atm,
    in pve its grate, dmg is more than decent, game play is pretty neaty and rewarding, mobility is decent, survivability good with nice self heal
    pvp yea its a bit squishy although with 5 sec aoe stun and with proper use of counter strike totem usually you can finish off enemy before he gets you, if you team up with someone with decent CC its only getting better

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

you guys need gear i have no problem beating demon hunters and enhance on long term aoe, sure packs that go down in 10 seconds are np, but packs up for 45 seconds because they have real HP i can hold 1million aoe dps as elemental no problem, wait till i get 15% more CL damage from those 3 traits, make it 1.1m, also i top interrupts by a mile, how can anyone beat EQ? no diminishing returns random stuns that just keeps stunning and knocking down, after you're wind shear+ totem is used, you got nothing, EQ keeps going and going.

Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    enhance outshines ele in every area atm.
    I'd question this statement. Enh beats Ele on on ST, cleave is probably a tie if your good with LR and AoE usually goes to Ele especially on higher Mythic + where mobs live longer.

Enh is better than ELE on anything pre +10, after +10, any melee would just be a burden.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you guys need gear i have no problem beating demon hunters and enhance on long term aoe, sure packs that go down in 10 seconds are np, but packs up for 45 seconds because they have real HP i can hold 1million aoe dps as elemental no problem, wait till i get 15% more CL damage from those 3 traits, make it 1.1m, also i top interrupts by a mile, how can anyone beat EQ? no diminishing returns random stuns that just keeps stunning and knocking down, after you're wind shear+ totem is used, you got nothing, EQ keeps going and going.
    45 secs on 1 pack? hmm if you take 1 pack only, there is not that much targets for you and they drop way faster than in 45sec. If you take 2 (can you rlly take 3 packs in high myth+?) this can work, and EQ is amazing there. But dont you have priority targets there? You just aoe all slowly?
    For interrupts you have to stop casting your chains to interrupt, melee doesn't have this issue.
    If there is anything that makes you move your dps goes low, or you just stay in shit and finish your cast.

IF you have many mobs and IF you fight them for longer time and IF you can stand still, you will have great results with EQ utility as a bonus.
    If mobs die too fast for you, or there are 3-4 adds, or you have to move a lot..

I would live to see some casting on move spells, maybe different weapon talent, EQ on charge system, or at least start with 1 EQ.
    Anymations and sound effects are best in game imo, shame it is in this state. Not even starting with pvp..

Quote Originally Posted by Noremis View Post
    45 secs on 1 pack? hmm if you take 1 pack only, there is not that much targets for you and they drop way faster than in 45sec. If you take 2 (can you rlly take 3 packs in high myth+?) this can work, and EQ is amazing there. But dont you have priority targets there? You just aoe all slowly?
    For interrupts you have to stop casting your chains to interrupt, melee doesn't have this issue.
    If there is anything that makes you move your dps goes low, or you just stay in shit and finish your cast.

IF you have many mobs and IF you fight them for longer time and IF you can stand still, you will have great results with EQ utility as a bonus.
    If mobs die too fast for you, or there are 3-4 adds, or you have to move a lot..

I would live to see some casting on move spells, maybe different weapon talent, EQ on charge system, or at least start with 1 EQ.
    Anymations and sound effects are best in game imo, shame it is in this state. Not even starting with pvp..
    thats why you use EQ to cast and move, let melee take first interrupts, or lightning surge and move, it's all about planning ahead, if you let them control you and surprise you then yeh you'll lose time interrupting your own casts, you have to minimise this, and yeh if there is no bolster, sadly there is this week you can do really big pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    enh is really decent atm,
    in pve its grate, dmg is more than decent, game play is pretty neaty and rewarding, mobility is decent, survivability good with nice self heal
    pvp yea its a bit squishy although with 5 sec aoe stun and with proper use of counter strike totem usually you can finish off enemy before he gets you, if you team up with someone with decent CC its only getting better
    That's pretty awesome. I'm still debating on enhance vs rogue. Seems enhance featured a lot in the recent tourney! So did rogue tbh. Flip a coin!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    That's pretty awesome. I'm still debating on enhance vs rogue. Seems enhance featured a lot in the recent tourney! So did rogue tbh. Flip a coin!!
    Enha is in very good spot, but I would say rogue is just better in everything.
    For me its only about playstyle, so try both and choose by yourself.
    Rogues utility is umnatched, and 3 dps specs.. At least 1 of them will be allways great for both pvp and pve.
    If you like to play rogue, go with it and you wont regret.
    I personally hate to play rogues and love both ele and enhancement, also had great fun healing mythics as resto last expansions.

Deleted
    enhancer is stronger right now, but i think elemental will get some buffs soon and imho, the pure mechanics (esp. with earthquakes knockback) are way better for elementals.