When do you shadow dance ?

Right. I have never played sub. Ever.

Heard good things about it and i get the most of the spec sortakinda. But i really do not understand shadowdance.

You keep up Symbol of death like you would with slice and dice and you keep up Nightblade like you would with rupture. But shadow dance, when do you really use it ? i get that you always want to use 1 charge as soon as possible so one will always regen. But when do you use the other 2 ? Line them up with stuff like shadow blades and pots ? My brain tells me to just use them all and then keep using them as they become available, but no guides really say you should do that.

Depends on the length of the fight. If it's a really short fight, just use it to try to keep of master of shadows. If the fight is longer, keep 1-2 charges in your back pocket for burn phases with shadow blades.

dance hard dance often

A good general rule of thumb is to always keep 1 charge open in case you have to refresh Symbols of Death and vanish is on CD. You should always try to refresh symbols with vanish.

So burn the first two charges on the opener, sometimes you'll get them back quickly with BL. Just keep using til you have 1 left. Save vanish to refresh Symbols on pandemic (10 seconds left i think?). If you have 1 charge but you see you're about to get one back (like maybe 10 seconds left) you can use it, but use some discretion, too. Like if boss is about to jump away, priority adds like on Cenarius...it's all resource management. Just think of those Shadow Dances as little bursts of damage in your back pocket, pull 'em out when necessary. There really aren't too many burn phases or instances this raid where you'd want to "pool" your dances up to 3, but if an add is going down, don't waste it. Sometimes you will need to use that last dance charge to keep up symbols, that's ok, just check vanish first and use the charge if needed.

I typically keep Goremaw's Bite for when I have 1 dance left and at 1 or less combo points, to get off more bs's and finishers to refresh that 2nd dance charge a little sooner.

Thanks for the replies.

I guess i just have to jump into it and try it out. Failing is the best way to learn right ?

Had a similar question. As far as I know if it's a short fight just chain it. If it's longer then keep 1 charge up for SoD, otherwise just chain it.

Deleted
    I have made weakaura for myself that lights up when i have 2 or more charges on shadow dance and more than 65 energy.
    So that way i usually keep 1 for when burst is needed, or SoD needs refreshing or whatever reason.
    Go ham on pull and bl, but use it when i get to 2 charges usually. Worked fine for me so far...