7+ Year Old Account

Legendary Spectrum

So, first off, I only know about the UH DK legendaries. I have the belt and boots, but all UH DKs want the bracers. I finally got to run an LFR with a DK with bracers on an hour ago. Our ilvls were exactly the same but he beat me on every fight by 40k dps or more. Both of us ranked top 5% on everything, but he just spanked me. I did some more trolling on heroic/mythic rankings for UH, and the top 5% all have those bracers. Looking at the numbers, it really sucks knowing that no matter if two DKs were both 895 ilvl, the one with those bracers is going to be way ahead.

I know it sounds salty, cuz I am, but it made me wonder: do other dps classes have the same thing? Like, of all the legendary items for your spec, is there one that literally beats the shit out of the rest, but 40k dps or more. (40k single target, more on AOE) Just wondering.
    What's your safe word?

Deleted
    Yes. That's the point of legendary item.

Mage with bracer vs mage with boots, shit ring or neck.

Good luck ever competing.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was also told that DH bracers make them gods compared to their other legendary items.
    What's your safe word?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now imagine them having the two BiS legendaries in some (all?) specs.

Imagine a DH with Cinidaria + Anger of Half-Giants versus someone without it or the Bracers in cleave fights; the disparity is far too big compared to the unlucky players that have stat-stick legendaries or legendaries that are unusable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deith View Post
    Yes. That's the point of legendary item.
    Pretty much this. Op, you have to keep in mind always, that aslong as you are 5% near a guy with the bracers legendary, then you are as good as them if not better. Gear has an impact in this game and always will have. If it was not legendaries in Legion, it would be specific trinkets which made the difference

But yes, nearly all classes is experiencing the same thing... But as a non-legendary rogue, i am still beating people with legendaries in DPS You should try to make yourself be even better and beat the sorry plebs who has legendaries
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

According to ask Mr. Robot this seems to be about right. So a lucky guy with two BiS Legendarys will always make 80-100k more dps than somebody without them. Which will not be a problem ever of course, I mean what are 80-100k dps, nobody will care about that.

I like that Blizzard has made such a huge part of gear progression completely random. This will work out totally fine for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather they focus on baseline balancing first before worrying about legendaries. The likes of Elemental Shaman are still ~20% off the single target damage of the top specs, I'd much rather feel screwed for bad RNG in my drops than having the misfortune of being burdened with an inherently poor spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I'd rather they focus on baseline balancing first before worrying about legendaries. The likes of Elemental Shaman are still ~20% off the single target damage of the top specs, I'd much rather feel screwed for bad RNG in my drops than having the misfortune of being burdened with an inherently poor spec.
    Agree on this, thoug tuning should be finished by the first official day ideally.

Like others said it's probably the same for all classes. For Arms warriors, the gloves and probably the execute ring are miles ahead of other legendaries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Great feedback, thanks!
    What's your safe word?