Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I would rather like to see something like Shadowy Apparitions doing AoE damage in a small area. You still have to "ramp up" by manually multidotting and "feel" shadowish before your burst would kick in. Also single target dps and wide spread out boss multi dottig dps would not change either.
    Last edited by mmoc841e0e88d0; 2016-10-11 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    What you "would" call complex doesn't matter in the slightest as to whether or not it actually is complex. A mindless one button AoE "rotation" vs having to aim and DoT (and yes it's AoE, regardless of the fact that it doesn't splash - if you use it to do damage on multiple targets at once, it's AoE).
    Sorry but only because A is easier then B doesnt meant that B is complex.

And no, Multi-Dotting isnt AoE. Do you know what AoE means? Area of Effect. And a single target dot is by no mean any AoE.
    Multi Dotting is Multi target. But it is not an AoE ability.
    And the problem with multidotting is, with enough enemies, the damage per cast time of a full duration dot is lower then the damage per cast time of some cleave/AoE abilities.
    It would be okay if we switch to our AoE ability at that point, but if you compare Mind Sear with the most other AoE abilities, its damage is even after the buff pretty low.

You can say that that's ok, since classes have to have different strenghs, and I agree. But coupled with the bad design of Mindspike, I think it would be a good Idea to redesign Mindspike so that it is our to-go talent for AoE Burst.
    The one with Mindcrash during Sear was meant as fun, since it would suck pretty much if your tank kites the mobs/runs to the next pack and you uncontrolable shadowcrashes all miss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    Have shadow crash apply swp to all enemies it hits.
    I'm like.... 99% certain they will never give Shadow a DoT spreading mechanic - it's not in their conception of who we are - that's a DK/Boomkin thing primarily.

I'm also not interested in it - because when they make DoTs that can be spread to infinite targets, they have to balance around that DoT being good at that scenario - but never broken - which means those DoTs routinely suck at single target fights: we need our DoTs to work in all scenarios for us - which means I support (what I assume is) the dev position that Shadow doesn't spread DoTs en masse.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Still like the concept of Shadow Crash baseline with Sear reducing cooldown on Crash. Replace talent with Crash now applies Pain and/or VT.

Imo we should involve sphere of Insanity in our aoe and not let that trait be just a filler. Thus we need an aoe WP:Pain spreader and Sphere of insanity interact with sear and mind crash.
    Mind Crash as a baseline should be a given with the trait giving it more charges.

Deleted
    All these suggestions about spreading dots are irrelevant.

We are talking about burst aoe, so the mobs dying inside 10s.

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    All these suggestions about spreading dots are irrelevant.

We are talking about burst aoe, so the mobs dying inside 10s.
    If you want burst aoe then roll a mage, priests just dont have the mechanic and probably wont anytime soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexieel View Post
    I would rather see a change to MS,

Everytime your SW:P deals damage, it grants you a stack of Mindspikes. Stacking up to 10 charges
    Mindspike
    Releases all stacks of Mindspike, dealing x% of your Spellpower to your target and every enemy within 12y range.
    Generates 2 insanity per charge used.

That way it would be a single target increase (with right number), would not disturb our rotation with mb delay (which noone does anyway) and would provide on demand aoe burst.

For single target it would take pretty long to reach the stacks, during multi dot Szenarios it would be much faster.
    Love your idea there.

Deleted
    I know shadow priest have several problems but you basically want shadow priest to be good at everything? And every class asks the same. So do you want to return to homogenization again where every class brings the same tools, same CC, same stunlocks, same execute?

I wouldn't mind IF the class actually play differently. If its just a "press one button to do the same as this hunter or mage" then whats the point of having classes in the game instead of just playing one character that can assume any role? (like in FFXIV).

I would prefer some more utility rather than more more more damage (all dps classes are just that nowadays, it plays like a moba)