Blood on Elerethe (Mythic)

Okay, guys.
    Now, I got a really important question to mythic raiders out there.

Elerethe, the second phase.
    There was a rumor from my RL that a Blood Dk can survive the first winds solo.
    Normaly our Prot paladin survived the winds with Bop and Bubble, but now, due to some circumstances
    he can't raid with us anymore.

So we now have this problem that the damage has to be shared by raid memebers, which we would like to avoid.
    Is there a possibility how a blood dk could absorb the first wind all by himself?

Even after using all my defensive cooldowns I droped dead on the last seconds of these.
    Any advice would be helpful.

You can proc purg and death strike yourself out of it.

What talents are you using? What externals are you using and when?

It's doable, but can be a bit sketchy.

For this I am running Rune Tap & Blood Mirror. Ironbark is cast on me right as winds start, pop Blood Mirror before you are pushed out of melee range, pop AMS right away to smooth the initial spike, Vamp Blood, then rotate through your two Rune Tap charges and use a potion. If it's too rough, get a Life Cocoon from your MW monk (or other healer external) and hope for the best. But, this should be doable

Worst case scenario, pick 2 players to help dip in and soak a couple stacks. Make sure they're aware that they won't be receiving any heals since you should be getting bombed by the healers. We found that even having just a player or two dip in for a couple seconds makes a big difference. As long as the dps understand they need to use a major personal and only hang out for a second or two, it's totally survivable. I know this isn't what you asked for, but I suggest trying it if you're not able to consistently survive it. Sure, I have solo'd it and survived, but our dps are also able to dip in for a couple seconds and it makes this mechanic MUCH less of an issue.

Another option is to 3-tank this fight, which allows the 3rd tank to also help soak stacks. The 3rd tank is also nice since you can have the two webbed tanks grabbing adds and the 3rd tank on the boss during arachnid form.

Hope that helps. Best of luck.

AMS negates the stacking debuff that increases the damage you take, so that and some talents to buff that would probably allow you to solo soak.

Quote Originally Posted by afate View Post
    What talents are you using? What externals are you using and when?

It's doable, but can be a bit sketchy.

For this I am running Rune Tap & Blood Mirror. Ironbark is cast on me right as winds start, pop Blood Mirror before you are pushed out of melee range, pop AMS right away to smooth the initial spike, Vamp Blood, then rotate through your two Rune Tap charges and use a potion. If it's too rough, get a Life Cocoon from your MW monk (or other healer external) and hope for the best. But, this should be doable

Worst case scenario, pick 2 players to help dip in and soak a couple stacks. Make sure they're aware that they won't be receiving any heals since you should be getting bombed by the healers. We found that even having just a player or two dip in for a couple seconds makes a big difference. As long as the dps understand they need to use a major personal and only hang out for a second or two, it's totally survivable. I know this isn't what you asked for, but I suggest trying it if you're not able to consistently survive it. Sure, I have solo'd it and survived, but our dps are also able to dip in for a couple seconds and it makes this mechanic MUCH less of an issue.

Another option is to 3-tank this fight, which allows the 3rd tank to also help soak stacks. The 3rd tank is also nice since you can have the two webbed tanks grabbing adds and the 3rd tank on the boss during arachnid form.

Hope that helps. Best of luck.
    Thanks for your comment.
    We downed her yesterday and I managed to survive with your advices.
    Used rune tap and blood mirror as talants and poped ams with vamp blood after 1-2 seconds of her winds.

Actually the blood mirror did a great job. I wonder why it is not recomended by any guides.
    It looks like the best talent at this tier to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr1mdark View Post
    Actually the blood mirror did a great job. I wonder why it is not recomended by any guides.
    It looks like the best talent at this tier to me.
    Blood Mirror IS the best choice for raids in that tier, even while being a mediocre talent per se. Bonestorm pulls ahead in M+ or on fight with lots of aoe.
    Icy Veins and Noxxic listing Purgatory as the best talent are simply wrong.

Deleted
    I've solo soaked the winds a couple of times as blood, AMS covers the first 5 ticks and prevents debuff application, then you take 3 ticks which do slightly more than 2 million with blood mirror up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Blood Mirror IS the best choice for raids in that tier, even while being a mediocre talent per se. Bonestorm pulls ahead in M+ or on fight with lots of aoe.
    Icy Veins and Noxxic listing Purgatory as the best talent are simply wrong.
    I totally agree. They are simply amazing.
    Can't undestand why the guides are so wrong...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twiki View Post
    I've solo soaked the winds a couple of times as blood, AMS covers the first 5 ticks and prevents debuff application, then you take 3 ticks which do slightly more than 2 million with blood mirror up.
    I guess the secret was in covering the first stacks with ams.
    And blood mirror is mandatory. Totaly in love with it =D

Quote Originally Posted by Gr1mdark View Post
    I totally agree. They are simply amazing.
    Can't undestand why the guides are so wrong...

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the secret was in covering the first stacks with ams.
    And blood mirror is mandatory. Totaly in love with it =D
    Glad to hear you were able to get it down! Grats!

I run Blood Mirror on pretty much every fight. If you time it right, it does decent damage too. It did a little over 10% of my damage on Ursoc last night.