Thread: 7.1 Question

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

7.1 Question

Is the raid in 7.1 relevant for endgame raiding, or is it just something to do, with no relevant gear (860) like karazhan?

It's a raid. When was the last time you saw a newly-released raid that wasn't "relevant for endgame raiding"?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok5 View Post
    Is the raid in 7.1 relevant for endgame raiding, or is it just something to do, with no relevant gear (860) like karazhan?
    ToV gear will be the same ilvl scale as EN 850N/865H/880M

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    It's a raid. When was the last time you saw a newly-released raid that wasn't "relevant for endgame raiding"?
    Just now, Emerald Nightmare.

Ruby Sanctum

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa View Post
    ToV gear will be the same ilvl scale as EN 850N/865H/880M
    is that true ? not even a 5 ilvl bump ?

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Ruby Sanctum
    Ruby sanctum was still end game raiding therefore it was relevant for end game raiding. If you did it when it was current it wasn't a joke.

also for that matter - what ilvl will Kara 7.1 drop ?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    855 on the PTR

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    855 on the PTR
    all bosses ?

actual loot tables on wowhead seems to show that the first half of bosses drop 850, but that might be PTR/wowhead bug

is that true ? not even a 5 ilvl bump ?
    You'll have tier pieces to look forward to

Deleted
    If it does not give item upgrades it's irrelevant content

I'll give you Ruby Sanctum, that's fair, though rather a long time ago.

It's reasonable to say that ToV doesn't have all the world first excitement of an actual new tier, and if you've been farming your preferred difficulty in EN for a while by the time 7.1 is released, you won't exactly be rolling in upgrades from ToV either. But imagine if, at the start of Cataclysm, Bastion of Twilight had released a short while after BWD/TotFW. It's that sort of level of relevance - more content, still very relevant, even if it's not "the next level".

Can't say I agree with that. Gear isn't the only reason to raid, y'know? If something's giving me an appropriate level of challenge, it's relevant, even if it doesn't drop purples that are a tad better than my current ones.

In any case, have you SEEN the trinkets in EN? I'm very hopeful that ToV will drop "upgrades" even if they're not higher ilvl

10+ Year Old Account
    855 for the first 5. 860 for the last 3. Apparently 875 on a secret boss (most likely Nightbane).

Also, Trial of Valor was bumped by 5 itemlevels (same as Karazhan) to 855/870/885 on the PTR recently, so it's 5 itemlevel higher than Emeral Nigthmare.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    ToV should have some "really nice trinkets" as drops according to Blizzard but do we really need them? When EN already drops trinkets like crazy. It's even more weird if ToV ilvl isn't higher than EN.
    EN trinkets are shit.

Deleted
    It will be relevant for the trinkets, they said it would hold very good trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    For you maybe. Some of us actually enjoy the game for more than just an arbitrary number that some people feel represents the size of their dick.

Deleted
    Can't say I agree with that. Gear isn't the only reason to raid, y'know? If something's giving me an appropriate level of challenge, it's relevant, even if it doesn't drop purples that are a tad better than my current ones.

In any case, have you SEEN the trinkets in EN? I'm very hopeful that ToV will drop "upgrades" even if they're not higher ilvl
    Not the case of raiding for loot or a challenge, but you're are less likely to do content if it gives no upgrades, so you'll only do it 1 time or do it for achivs which is also a one time thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    For you maybe. Some of us actually enjoy the game for more than just an arbitrary number that some people feel represents the size of their dick.
    when did i say that i didn't enjoy the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the case of raiding for loot or a challenge, but you're are less likely to do content if it gives no upgrades, so you'll only do it 1 time or do it for achivs which is also a one time thing.

- - - Updated - - -

when did i say that i didn't enjoy the game?
    If you enjoy the content, it's relevant, as this is a game, played for enjoyment. If the content is irrelevant, there's no reason whatsoever to do it, meaning there's no joy in it.