Thread: Uprgade help

Uprgade help

Hello all,

I am looking to upgrade my MB, GPU, RAM and CPU, but I am quite of the loop in regards to what I should pick, especially when it comes to GPUs.

I am upgrading from a GTX760, an i5-4670K and ASUS Z87-K.

Budget:
    About 800€

Games / Settings Desired:
    Ultra settings in raids if possible.

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc):
    Nothing noteworthy

Denmark, so nordic countries and Gemany would work too I guess.

Parts that can be reused:
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2
    CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO
    PSU: Corsair CS550M (Hope it will be sufficient).
    Also have HDD and SSD I can re-use.

Do you need an OS?
    Nope.

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?
    Nope.

I tried compiling some stuff mysel:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (€239.62 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€149.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (€83.23 @ Mindfactory)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card (€277.36 @ Mindfactory)
    Total: €750.11
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-10 15:05 CEST+0200

Thanks in advance!

Get a GTX 1070 and save the rest of the money, your pc is good enough for most things, if you haven't laready overclock your PCU for some free extra performance.

The 10% orso you will get from going to skylake you are barely going to notice. If you do want to repace mobo, CPU and RAM I would wait for kaby lake early next year for what should hopefully be a bit of a bigger bump in performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Get a GTX 1070 and save the rest of the money, your pc is good enough for most things, if you haven't laready overclock your PCU for some free extra performance.

The 10% orso you will get from going to skylake you are barely going to notice. If you do want to repace mobo, CPU and RAM I would wait for kaby lake early next year for what should hopefully be a bit of a bigger bump in performance.
    Oh, really? That's amazing to hear. Thanks a lot for your input, I'll wait for next generation!

Actually your entire PC is fine if you are talking for WoW, you will not see a bit of difference going from a gtx 760 to a 1070 in WoW.