Leveling through PvP with a fresh account

Hi guys, I'm coming back to the game after several years away mostly because the new pvp system appeals to me. I realize it's not without flaws, but it was enough of a hook to get me back. How is the leveling experience pre-Legion content without BoAs? I'm sure ill get stomped on for awhile, but Im ok with that as I will eventually earn those pieces. I'm leaning toward Ret again as that's what I use to play and it seems to be doing well right now, feel free to correct me if that isn't the case however.

Edit: Which faction is doing better on the US servers as far as bgs go? I have old friends on both sides of the fence and they are bemoaning how their faction is terrible at present in equal measure.

Thanks all.

- - - Updated - - -

Any feedback at all would be appreciated.

Both factions are like equal, depends which BG you get. Alliance win some most of the time, Horde win others most of the time, it's pretty much the same.

Leveling through PvP is gonna be a very slow painful experience though regardless. Even with a 100% win rate it would probably take you 3 hours for a level, compared to 1-2 hours questing. Now throw in losses and you're probably gonna be closer to 5-6 hours if you're lucky. So getting from like 100-110 would take you somewhere around 50 hours, compared to about 20 hours questing.

By all means go for it, but it'll be a slow painful experience. Plus once you get to 100 you basically have to do quests to unlock your artifact weapon and traits, so you'll have to do them eventually.