Deleted

Making atonement management more enjoyable

Forgive me my ignorance, I recently returned to the game after a few years break from WoW.
    I used to raid and finished all content up to Cata as Disc so I hopefully have some clue what I'm talking about.

I do like some parts of the new Disc. It's different and a new challenge after a lot of standard healing a bubble botting before. I do like that you have more control over where your atonement healing is going.
    I do however not like the tedious refreshing of atonement.
    I don't think it's that hard to keep up but it is just not enjoyable.

A much nicer mechanism would be to make the buff semi-permanent but to scale the effect with the number you have active. So you could choose to heal more on a few players or less on more.
    I think this would also decrease dependency on SM for tank heal.

The way I imagine you cancel atonemts is by "cracking" them using some new spell.
    This would consume the buff and give a small burst of healing.
    You could also imagine a spell to consume all atonemts which would provide a nice AoE if properly prepared, at the cost of setting up all atonemts again.

I'm also feeling that it would be nicer for plea to be a small shield.
    This would give you a small extra buffer while preparing atonement.

Part of the charm of disc is its upkeep. Rather than whackamole idiots as any other healer does, plea predicting rewards smart play with more dps through smite/swp. To automate the aoe or st healing decision would reduce that upkeep and make the spec boring to play.
    Last edited by Alorithin; 2016-10-11 at 05:21 AM.

While Atonement could definitely use changes to reduce clunkiness (macros are basically required for optimal play) all this'd do is turn Disc into a mindless DPS that heals (passively), most likely.

Deleted
    My change would not remove the management right?
    It would change it to actively picking the players you want to heal instead of timing your refresh.
    Obviously you need to balance it so that it will not be optimal to just set it up on everyone and dps away.