Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Found first boss, dragons and ursoc kinda meh. Rest are decent.
    Dislike taking portals to everything, i know its different and all. But seems kinda cheap.
    Xavius white/foggy place just feels like a worse version of the sha room in whatever its called.
    Clearing 7/7 mythic in a few days was very underwhelming.

I think that it seems disappointing primarily because Blizzard fucked up a raid's tuning yet again, be it by choice or neglect.

It's an introduction raid so can't expect anything overly fancy, and with tighter tuning I think that Elerethe, Dragons, Il'gynoth and Cenarius would've all been very enjoyable fights. The latter two still are even with the current tuning, IMHO.

The environments being recycled fits with the setting, so it didn't bother me much.

edit:
    I will say that Xavius was an extremely disappointing fight.

I wouldn't say its terrible. I'd say I enjoyed EN a bit, its alright, I don't mind the zone copy pasta really.

I'd say its pretty small. It feels like less than a filler raid in reality.

7 bosses and most of them easy I'd say, it doesn't take long to clear. They should have put nighthold and EN out at the same time... What happened to wow having multiple raids out at the same time, like literally what happened... Or having massive raids. Remember ICC, that was one of the best raids ever. Had enough bosses and pretty nice encounters.
    Naxx also was one of the best raids ever at least for me, not many people got to taste it in reality but it was just AWESOME, and fights like thadius were way ahead of their time. (getting 40 people switching sides lol)

the only fight I really don't like is xavius; the environment is boring, the mechanics aren't very interesting, etc. Imperator was actually fun, even though you didn't really care about him as a character in the story.

overall though it's a fine raid. It seems like the 'small intro raid' model is gonna be a thing every expansion going forward, and as those go (highmaul, MSV, etc) EN isn't so bad.

The only thing that could have made the raid a bit more interesting was an actually good end boss.

Xavius was a fucking joke of a boss, we killed it from 12% to 0 without tanks on our first try we got to last phase.

Quote Originally Posted by djar View Post
    Am I the only one who liked ToC?
    I still think Heroic Anub'arak was one of the best boss fights in Wrath.
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    I'm 5/7 mythic atm, so I have not really experienced Cenarius yet, but all I have heard is that Cenarius the hardest one.
    Got Cenarius to 4% last night, and Il'gynoth being ranked above him is horse shit from my POV. Even after the buff, it took us 3 tries to kill him again. Numbers or not, Cenarius requires as tight DPS with 120% more awareness of your positioning. Cenarius does come down to tanks and healers moreso, but even from a DPS pov it's a lot more intense than Il'gynoth ever wishes to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    I'm honestly already bored with it. Cleared it on normal and nothing really makes me say "man I can't wait to do this on heroic and mythic too!"
    Normal...

Difference between normal and mythic is huge

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    I'm honestly already bored with it. Cleared it on normal and nothing really makes me say "man I can't wait to do this on heroic and mythic too!"
    And this is why raids need to go back to only have one difficulty : Mythic.

I liked it, far from anything that calls for an extreme negative response. The boss mechanics are fun, the twisted dream world is neat and the lore is great.

Deleted
    The main disapointing thing with EN is the incredible failure to provide proper scaling between 10 man raiding and 30 man raiding.

It is honestly a freaking joke how bad the scaling is and how big the difficulty gap is between going 10 man to 30 man.

10 man normal is harder than 30 man heroic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Xavius encounter feels meh. The rest is fine. Tbh, Cenarius would do better as an end boss.

I like toc

Also, this thread is bitching to bitch per usual. Cant make everyone happy, as this is the begining raid for the expansion it should be an easy transition. As far as fights go? I did dragons, ursoc, and slime dragon last night and i enjoyed those fights. Looking forward to the next couple.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

It was definitely disappointing compared to what was announced at BlizzCon. If I remember correctly one of the ideas for a boss was corrupted Aviana atop the branches and leaves of Shaladrassil. I would have preferred the entire raid be within Shaladrassil, the portal to random places was disappointing (EXCEPT Renferal's room. Seeing a Thunder Bluff torn to shreds in the background was sick)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    And this is why raids need to go back to only have one difficulty : Mythic.
    I miss Algalon, Sinestra and Ra-Den raid designs. Make Heroic the single raid tier, but have like 2 optional mythic difficulty bosses hidden away that wreck shit. Certainly feel more epic and less video-gamey.

My experience from 7/7M:

Nythendra: Kinda meh, its OK not expecting much from first fight. We one shot it on Mythic. Mythic mechanic just feels non-existant.. MCs should have much more HP and not be so predictable on timing.

Spider: Its actually pretty good, just a bit too forgiving. Overall I like the mechanics. Shouldn't have 10 full seconds to position the pools with debuff though, and maybe adds have more HP or something. Its a decent mid instance fight overall.

Ursoc: Just straight undertuned, it feels like it was tuned for 850 gear not people that are 860 with legendaries. Also Mythic mechanic very underwhelming - adds should have more HP, or spawn more adds (like it was on beta).

Dragons: Interesting mechanics. Once again, mythic mechanic feels invisible. Inside part should have more HP, and maybe a debuff once you go in once so you have to rotate groups through. As it is now 90% of the raid completely ignores it. Feel like adds should have a bit more HP, there is just nothing that really wipes you on this fight. You kinda just overheal it and wait for it to die.

Iylganoth: This should have been the gorefiend of this tier but they fucked up the tuning (seeing a pattern here). Outside phase should be changed around a little so there is always a priority DPS target (horror spawns sooner, or more tentacles) basically something so half the raid isn't AFK while others kill bloods. Clearly not meant to be onephased, and now with the changes there is 0 DPS check its just overheal and live until 2nd inside part.

Cenarius: This is the only real boss of the tier. If tuned correctly could have been really hard, but the prevalent strat is basically ignore the thorns aura and cleave while tanking all drakes in the corner. Drakes needed stacking damage buff for how long they are alive instead of the buffet that they have now. Ignoring thorns and cleaving shouldn't be a thing. Last phase is disappointing as well, not sure what I would change there. It just needs tighter DPS check so you can't have half the raid die early to wall/bramble and still kill it.

Xavius: Not much to say here, its probably easier than Heroic Xavius. Needed more Mythic mechanics and maybe an extra phase. The entire fight is ultra forgiving and the only real way to wipe is not soaking a green pillar. This is the real problem with the tier, if it was a Imperator level boss the whole thing would feel a lot better.

Overall: Tuning way off, they clearly underestimated the gear level we would have from M+ spamming and probably legendaries. Lots of the Mythic mechanics are invisible which is super disappointing, many of them were much harder when we PTR tested these bosses. There is very little added difficulty between Heroic and Mythic this tier other than extra HP/DMG.

It is worse than all 3 WoD raids, but not so terrible that it will be infamous like Naxx remake. Slightly below average with super disappointing final boss. Almost all guilds that kill Cenarius kill Xavius within 1-2 hours, its really just heroic and soak the pillars..
    Last edited by Ammanas; 2016-10-11 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajer View Post
    I still think Heroic Anub'arak was one of the best boss fights in Wrath.
    Cause that was a good fight. Unfortunately that fight is a tiny splintered fraction of the entire raid, so the raid itself is still shit.

Though honestly the biggest problem with ToC wasn't even the raid itself, it was the lockout system at the time and Blizzards stupid idea to drop better loot than Ulduar in this tiny gap filler raid, disincentivizing the playerbase to run the best raid they've ever created, not even that long after it came out.

The only thing I really hate about EN is the red/gray/smudge color of every area. The entire raid is an eyesore until the very end. As bad raids go nothing can ever top Wrath Naxx being cleared 3 days after expansion launch by uncapped toons, not to mention Naxx' legacy being destroyed in the process.
    Last edited by mistahwilshire; 2016-10-11 at 02:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Il'gynoth is the definition of cool and new.
    Il'gynoth isn't that new, it's got a very Yogg Saron vibe to it (which makes sense thematically). You're killing adds in a designated spot to start the next phase and then going into a room and killing a different part of the boss. That's very, very familiar :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    Its worse then any WoD raid. But its alright
    This, HM was way better IMO, and both BRF and HFC were one of the best raids I have raided.
    I just hope Nighthold is on par with BRF, it certainly looks beautiful.

No entry raid in any expansion has ever been good honestly, 2nd raid tier is usually the best (Ulduar, Firelands, ToT)
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    Its worse then any WoD raid. But its alright
    It would have to be. Since all they did in wod was make raids. EN is fine. If EN is the way it is because the rest of the game is actually flushed out then EN is actually fuckimg brilliant.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.