[Resto] Cultivation for Myhic+

Hi fellow Druids

I have been doing mythic+ with SotF and I have been doing good so far. (below +6)
    However I have just been watching mythic+10 and I saw that cultivation is being used a lot.

I know it only makes sense when people actually drop below 60%.
    Does any of u have any experience with that talent?

I would love to try it out, but I'm kinda "scared".

Thanks.
    Last edited by Wild; 2016-10-11 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Hi fellow Druids

I have been doing mythic+ with SotF and I have been doing good so far. (below +6)
    However I have just been watching mythic+10 and I saw that cultivation is being used a lot.

I know it only makes sense when people actually drop below 60%.
    Does any of u have any experience with that talent?

I would love to try it out, but I'm kinda "scared".

Thanks.
    It is not really hard to use, it does moderate healing on it's own, but more important it is one of the main mastery stacks. Typically you will have rejuv/germ/cultivation on any targets taking significant damage, so often 1/3 of your healing boost when you WG a group that takes any AOE damage.

WG and the Regrowth HoT make up two additional stacks on subsequent focused healing, as mentioned, WG is usually buffed by the initial three, and RG adds another HoT on critical targets, meaning they are often as 5 mastery stacks if you have to cast multiple direct heals on anyone.

One of the most important parts of a cultivation build is mastery gear, minimum 20%+ IMO, 25% would be really good.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2016-10-11 at 02:43 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

@Sprucelee thanks for the comment. I am still below 20% mastery. I think I have arround 15%. So its not even worth it? (Im mostly on haste)
    My ilevel is about 855

what other talents u use for mythic+ ?

- - - Updated - - -

So u would say another hot (in this case Cultivation) is better than enforced WG (SotF) to get ur group back up?
    Last edited by Wild; 2016-10-11 at 02:54 PM.

I think SoTF works fine below Mythic 7+, and even up to 10+, withstanding some hard affixes/dungeons. Just my personal opinion, many have done SoTF above 10+, but I just find cultivation to be stronger

If you are comfortable with SotF>WG, stick with it and try to gather a mastery gear set, and then test cultivation out. I do think much of its strength is centered around a mastery build.

But in general, you want mastery gear for higher level dungeons anyway. Some may argue that you want more DPS stats, but IME DPS is far more effected by up-time, and mastery gear allows me the most time to DPS (when rejuv/germ/cult/WG are going, and you throw in flourish and/or G'hanir, mastery really works for you) allowing my HoTs to do their work on the tougher packs/bosses while I spend more time casting/refreshing moonfire/sunfire/wrath or in feral form DPSing.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2016-10-11 at 03:07 PM.

As I am still gearing up, I sometimes dont have a choice for the stats. I switch out a 840 item for a 855 any time, not matter the stats.
    When I get my gear up, I will focus on haste>mastery>crit, as I mostly mythic+.

I think I am gogin to try out cultivation for some mythic+2/3 tonite, to test it and see the difference, despite my gear. See how I feel about it.
    TYvm

It's worth mentioning that neither Cultivation nor Flourish benefit from Stonebark (20%), while counting as HoT stacks for Mastery.
    On the other hand both Tranquility and Efflorescence benefit from Stonebark, but do not count as HoT stacks for Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    It's worth mentioning that neither Cultivation nor Flourish benefit from Stonebark (20%), while counting as HoT stacks for Mastery.
    On the other hand both Tranquility and Efflorescence benefit from Stonebark, but do not count as HoT stacks for Mastery.
    Flourish is not a HoT, it only extends all existing HoTs, are you saying any HoT extended by Flourish does not benefit from Stonebark?

Sorry, I switched the client to German and mixed things up. I meant Spring Blossoms, not Flourish, so just forget what I wrote.

@Sprucelee
    I ran with cultivation last nite for some +2, good thing was that it was a pug of noobs, so having them stand in shit all the time, really got cultivation to work.
    I kinda like it. Couldnt tell a huge difference so far (compared to SotF), however if the whole group is low, having rejuv on them and cultiv triggering, then using WG to top them off really works well for me.
    I also read that cultiv is getting a buff! From 120% to 144%. Now makes even more sense to use it

------------------------------------
    Cultivation When Rejuvenation heals a target below 60% health, it applies Cultivation to the target, healing them for [*60% [*72% of Spell Power*] over 6 sec. Restoration Druid - Level 75 Talent.