[MW] Amalgam's Seventh Spine .... Should I?

Hi fellow Monks,

Yesterday the world quest was the Spine. When it dropped for me it titanforged to i860.

Amalgam's Seventh Spine
    Item Level 860
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Trinket
    +1353 Intellect
    Equip: Your Effuse and Enveloping Mist spells apply and refresh Fragile Echo for 6 sec. When Fragile Echo expires, it restores 3869 mana to you.

Icy Veins lists this as a great trinket for Fistweaving... however I do not get why. The mana seems like almost nothing. It appears the the buff goes to other people to... so, in order to get on myself I have to cast a 22k mana spell? How is this not a terrible trinket.

It would be replacing

Concave Reflecting Lens
    Item Level 840
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Trinket
    +898 Critical Strike
    Equip: Your healing spells have a chance to launch a Pulse at your target, healing them for 33,840 and bouncing to up to 3 additional targets.
    Requires Level 110

I am pretty sure the lens is better... however - 20ilvl disparity ? I am not so sure if somehow the Spine pulls slightly ahead even if much worse it being apple to apple.

Anyone using the spine and getting good results out of it ?

I've been using the 840 version of it. depending on your play style and what spells you prioritize, it's a pretty decent trinket.
    How it works:
    When you cast effuse or EM on someone, it puts a 6 second buff on them that when it expires, you receive the mana. This trinket falls off when u are using EM and/or Effuse twice on the same target within 6 seconds.

If you are able to control yourself on using EM or Effuse once per 6 seconds on any given target, you are effectively saving 4k mana per cast. I find it works better in higher mythic + because you will only ever use EM on a target once every 6 seconds anyways, and 8 times out of 10 there is healing required on more than 2 people, so you are filling with vivify over effuse.

As for which trinket you should use, it comes down to boss fight/dungeon and choice. Reflective lens has a chance to proc off a heal that tops off 3 people which makes it useless. Spine you control. If youre having mana issues over through put then Spines the way to go imo.

Deleted
    not a good trinket for monks imo.

in mythic+ the tiny mana you get back per fight is irrelevant.
    And in raids you dont use effuse and often EM not enough on different people.

the lens is really nice i used it for a long time. Now i have the HoT+Haste buff trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Intellect is a much more important stat than crit.

20 ilvls is a huge difference. Take the ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verrayne View Post
    Intellect is a much more important stat than crit.
    Intel are already dropping in value. Everyone has loads of intel.