To the writer of "Defending ignorance"

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I want to ask this in the proper forum. In my experience here I've seen MMO-C's users do something that boggles my mind. It recently happened to me in a thread where a user posted a sentence laden with grammatical errors to the point where I could not easily discern his point. Because his sentence could have been mistaken for misinformation, I commented about it.

My question is: Why are the users on this forum (and others like it) so quick to step up and defend illiteracy? I understand some people aren't born with English as their first language, but does that give them the privilege to be above reproach? It's not as if I can hear an accent that gives any indication that English isn't that familiar to them. Has it become a crime to assume a predominantly English-based forum has a majority of English users? That's like saying because I don't know English I can ignore the street-sign because I'm from X-country and that makes it okay to ignore?

My point is, I want to know why people are so eager to defend people who type inaccurately. It's as if it's almost supported to type important things with brevity and extremely poor grammar, and then when you call someone on it, they treat me as if I'm the ignorant one. It's very prevalent in the gaming community. Is this a side effect of this "millenial texting era"? Is it the age of the SJW? I'm not looking to start an argument with anyone here, I'd just like some input from like-minded people. Typing properly is seen as pretentious or like I'm intentionally being an asshole. Why is this the mindset? In the situation that I provoked this question, I was literally labeled as "a dick" and "an attacker". Seriously, what gives?
    It is a shame your thread got locked before I got to answer. So here it goes.

For the same reason cyber bullies jump others that fat shame yet those very same people have no problem making fun of or calling someone a person with a mental disability.

It is called lack of maturity. Not to be confused with age.

"I want to ask this in the proper forum." Wrong place to look for that on MMO-C where majority thinks everyone is responsible for everything even if they arent the ones responsible. Unless you meant the other forum then ya by all means the answer to that is simple. People love the victim card!
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

I'm not sure why that thread was locked. It wasn't being a grammar nazi it was just saying he couldn't understand what someone posted.

*looks at my signature and wonders if I'm a Nazi*

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't post responses to closed threads like this, please. Locking this.