Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Healer leaves mid mythic+

Hello,

So I started to make a group for +7 Court of Stars, got 3 dps from my guild, and we decided to pug the healer and the tank. We started the run, was going pretty smooth, we had 10 minutes left and looked like we would make the timer (key wasn't depleted so we would still get loot even if we didn't make the timer). Then, out of nowhere the healer decides to leave. So we lost the timer, couldn't finish the run and key got depleted.

The most important thing, though, is that the 4 other members of the group completely wasted about 20minutes.

I understand that it's better and safer to do them with people I trust, but it's impossible to have guildies/friends any time I want to do the dungeon.

Why is there absolutely no punishment for such behaviour?

if the player does that alot then yes blizz may do something about it. but realistically? not really

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is there no punishment for poor behaviour from PUG players?

Because that's the risk you get when you form such a group.
    Maybe choose PUG members with more strenuous criteria than item level. Talk to them, ask if they have time to complete the run, etc.

So content is just not meant to be pugged.

That being said, you'd have the same issue from a guild mate disconnecting.

We've had over 100 posts allready combined on Reddit and MMOc about Mythic+ and people leaving mid dungeon. You know what? Blizzard wont do anything, why? Because it would be bad practice, people leave for reasons that may be out of their control and punishment isn't meant for that. But also Mythic+ isn't meant to be ''pug'' content, else it would have it's own room on the groupfinder.

But just to make the idea of why they wont change it even better. Your in a full guild group of 5 people, suddenly a fire starts in the tanks house. Meaning he has to leave, but, BECAUSE he is your guildie, you don't want to punish him. Which is the people they are going after.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    So content is just not meant to be pugged.

That being said, you'd have the same issue from a guild mate disconnecting.
    This.

We depleted a 9 CoS key on Sunday because our healer chain disconnected the entire run.

Shit. Happens.

Should ban people from doing Mythic plus for the rest of the week who do it. I don't give a shit what your reason is especially when it's my keystone you buggered up.

There's a very simple solution: Don't deplete the keystone until the run is complete. The drawbacks to this solution are minimal, whereas the drawbacks to the current system are obvious and painful. "Always have a group with four people that you know" is not a solution.

The issues with mythics is like the early days of RBGs if somebody d/c'd you were shit out of luck. It is a poor system that they haven't seemed to care about fixing since cata, so I doubt they do anything now for mythic +
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I'm pretty sure this is a very rare situation, and there's literally no control over it. Imagine if you lose power? Or your connection drops? An emergency comes up?

Why be a douche about it? Just move on.

also, grouping with guildies\friends\known players will drastically reduce the chance of this happening.

Just make mythic/mythic+ queue-able so that you can get a replacement and problem solved.

People need to use their friends list again. When you successfully pug and had a good run with people add em to your friends list. I have been doing this since day 1 and filling mythic+ groups is a breeze now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Should ban people from doing Mythic plus for the rest of the week who do it. I don't give a shit what your reason is especially when it's my keystone you buggered up.
    Fine, Im your guildie tank, and I happend to have a housefire or internet dies for some reason. You want me punished. They clearly stated how the thing was going to be on the Alpha/Beta. Please stop being ignorant only thinking about yourself.

Hell I left a M+ on my hunter because the group couldn't do the 1st boss in HoV wihtout being dead to the 1st set of drakes. I'd rather not waste my time there either so I left because Im not using 40 minutes for something that should take 20
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom2040 View Post
    There's a very simple solution: Don't deplete the keystone until the run is complete. The drawbacks to this solution are minimal, whereas the drawbacks to the current system are obvious and painful. "Always have a group with four people that you know" is not a solution.
    People would leave on purpose if they had a slight chance to miss the timer if they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Fine, Im your guildie tank, and I happend to have a housefire or internet dies for some reason. You want me punished. They clearly stated how the thing was going to be on the Alpha/Beta. Please stop being ignorant only thinking about yourself.

Hell I left a M+ on my hunter because the group couldn't do the 1st boss in HoV wihtout being dead to the 1st set of drakes. I'd rather not waste my time there either so I left because Im not using 40 minutes for something that should take 20
    Get better internet and don't leave your house in a situation where it can catch fire. Turn off shit you aren't using etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    People would leave on purpose if they had a slight chance to miss the timer if they did that.
    Who cares? State in the beginning of the run what you're shooting for, and if people don't like it, then screw them. This is a minor issue compared to the current keystone problems.

Get better internet and don't leave your house in a situation where it can catch fire. Turn off shit you aren't using etc.
    You do understand that someones Internet going out is likely out of their hands? Ie something causing the service to go down, someone DDOSing an ISP, power outtage, etc?.

Quote Originally Posted by Airblade View Post
    You do understand that someones Internet going out is likely out of their hands? Ie something causing the service to go down, someone DDOSing an ISP, power outtage, etc?.
    Fine. A 1 day ban.

get rid of the timelimit and mythic+ would be fine.

If you're having this issue, join a guild or make some friends.

M+ is not meant to be pugged, if you choose to pug it, Caveat Emptor.