Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How Do You Play Optimally With Serenity?

Just as the title suggest, I want to know exactly how you would play with Serenity optimally. How does the opener differ from using SEF and WDP compared to Serenity? I'm using EE over PS if that matters at all.

Get enough haste to do rsk fof rsk sotw bok rsk, otherwise rsk sotw fof rsk bok sck. The rotation on that site is a pipedream I haven't seen anybody fit that many globals.
    Last edited by randytaylor; 2016-10-12 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by randytaylor View Post
    Get enough haste to do rsk fof rsk sotw bok rsk, otherwise rsk sotw fof rsk bok sck. The rotation on that site is a pipedream I haven't seen anybody fit that many globals.
    So math is a pipe dream and haste stacking is secretly op?

Touch of Death
    Serenity
    Strike of the Windlord
    Rising Sun Kick
    Fists of Fury
    Rising Sun Kick
    Spinning Crane Kick

That's the best starter possible for WW Serenity Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Frandaero View Post
    Touch of Death
    Serenity
    Strike of the Windlord
    Rising Sun Kick
    Fists of Fury
    Rising Sun Kick
    Spinning Crane Kick

This doesn't seem right.

Does FoF not snapshot the Serenity damage buff?

I do:
    RSK
    SOTW
    BOK
    SCK
    BOK
    RSK
    FOF

But I usually pop FoF at the very end of Serenity, under the assumption that the damage boost is applied to the full channel.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinar View Post
    This doesn't seem right.

I do:
    RSK
    SOTW
    BOK
    SCK
    BOK
    RSK
    FOF

But I usually pop FoF at the very end of Serenity, under the assumption that the damage boost is applied to the full channel.
    That assumption is incorrect.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

While having 10% of haste and BL, my opening with ToD and Serenity looks like:

ToD > Serenity > RSK > BOK > SoTW > RSK > FoF > RSK

But make sure FoF will end it channeling before casting RSK. I've noticed myself that I sometimes fuckd up the last tick of FoF, because I wanted so badly to put RSK in.

@Babylonius @Carthh
    Though, not sure if that's a perfect one?
    I believe I shall prioritize Serenity instead of Gale Burst?

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    That assumption is incorrect.
    Well, shit. Learn something new every day.

Tonight I get to find out how much damage that cost me. I was consistently hitting FoF at the absolute end of Serenity, so I'd only get one tick of bonus it seems.
    @ErothTV I'm sure there are macros that will help prevent clipping your FoF, but I don't know of they are optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frandaero View Post
    Touch of Death
    Serenity
    Strike of the Windlord
    Rising Sun Kick
    Fists of Fury
    Rising Sun Kick
    Spinning Crane Kick

Wouldn't it be better to include ToD in the Serenity window for the cd reduction in it?

Serenity only reduces the CD for Chi spenders, and Touch of Death hasn't got a Chi cost.

This doesn't seem right.

I do:
    RSK
    SOTW
    BOK
    SCK
    BOK
    RSK
    FOF

On opener i believe you FoF after the initial rsk and sotw. On every Serenity from then on out I snapshot the FoF.

Ideally you wanna pop Serenity with FoF at 16s so it's free at the end of the cast, making the most of Serenity's cooldown reduction. I also do the same with sotw but don't know if it's as effective

Deleted
    I have been seeing the best resaults from using FoF at the end of Serenity (making sure it comes off cd just at that point) apart from when I have ToD. With ToD I do the full channel inside gale burst window.

This doesn't seem right.

I do:
    RSK
    SOTW
    BOK
    SCK
    BOK
    RSK
    FOF

On opener i believe you FoF after the initial rsk and sotw. On every Serenity from then on out I snapshot the FoF.

Ideally you wanna pop Serenity with FoF at 16s so it's free at the end of the cast, making the most of Serenity's cooldown reduction. I also do the same with sotw but don't know if it's as effective

Deleted
    Or just play with chi orbs for dem bitg ballz dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Densalo View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to include ToD in the Serenity window for the cd reduction in it?
    Touch of Death isn't a Chi Spender, no cd reduction for it. Also, Touch of Death's damage is unchanged by Serenity's buff.

Do we still follow the same stat priority when using Serenity? Agi (obviosly) Mastery > Versa=Crit?

Quote Originally Posted by LudiMajk View Post
    Do we still follow the same stat priority when using Serenity? Agi (obviosly) Mastery > Versa=Crit?
    Yes.

/10chars

Anyone have any tips on how to use serenity when AoE'ing down packs of mobs in M+? And does it matter whether or not the boss is coming up after that pull?