Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    There is speculation that this could happen soon. With supposed 40mil people doing a test evacuation from one side of the country to another in Russia, people are saying it's no drill.

So if WW3 were to basically happen, would you support your country, whether it was USA, China, Russia?
    Then why is it a test evacuation? That doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not, since I'm 33 years old now and the US doesn't exactly need me to prosecute a war vs. China/Russia.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    There is a wonderful movie made in the 80's that goes over what a world with nuclear war would look like called "the day after"
    I might have seen that, can't remember. Will check it out. Those movies tend to have a mindfuck element in them that goes well beyond the usual mindfuck movies, very interesting to watch.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    No, fuck this shit. I would take my money and become a warlord in africa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Space Radiation gives superpowers though, so in the worst case scenario we come back as giant rock monster dudes.
    with dementia

15+ Year Old Account
    If it did occur, I guess I'd probably end up pretty well actually (as much as anyone, at the precipice of nuclear apocalypse, anyways) - my most useful feature in such a scenario would likely be toward orchestrating economic/cyber-warfare.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    I might have seen that, can't remember. Will check it out. Those movies tend to have a mindfuck element in them that goes well beyond the usual mindfuck movies, very interesting to watch.

Yeah, I've been on a post-apocalyptic movie kick lately on net-flix, although their selection is a bit limited.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    with dementia
    Sure, but that's everyone elses problem - from my perspective I'm just an eccentric rock monster doing my thing - it's everyone else who has to deal with the demented rock monster from Mars, whose actions can't be predicted

Quote Originally Posted by Zeenexx View Post
    No, fuck this shit. I would take my money and become a warlord in africa.
    Anyone with some Zimbabwe funny money is already way ahead of you on that deal, sorry.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    I dont like losing, so i'd fight on the American side of course.
    And I would fight for Russia, cuz the way U.S Army is at right now, they will get rekted.

What happens when you bring a ship (run by electronics) meet with a EMP blast? Rendered useless, thats what. And Most American vehicles, or machines are using electronics. While Russia can just EMP strike them and win without a single kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    China's not interested in geographic conquest, they're interested in economic conquest. They pretty much have that standing army for defense.

Russia's potentially crazy enough to do it, seeing as they recently annexed part of another country, which nobody does anymore.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    There is speculation that this could happen soon. With supposed 40mil people doing a test evacuation from one side of the country to another in Russia, people are saying it's no drill.

So if WW3 were to basically happen, would you support your country, whether it was USA, China, Russia?

First off the 40m people test was BS.

second if there was a war there would be no need to fight it would be over in a day or two with nukes because they would get steam rolled and have no other choice.

I'd move back to Colombia and live a chill life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    And I would fight for Russia, cuz the way U.S Army is at right now, they will get rekted.

What happens when you bring a ship (run by electronics) meet with a EMP blast? Rendered useless, thats what. And Most American vehicles, or machines are using electronics. While Russia can just EMP strike them and win without a single kill.
    ~All major military hardware has protection against EMP attacks - the cost to do so is basically a bundle of chicken-wire caged around the room the devices are in (or the hull of a ship). Even all commercial airlines are ~fully protected from EMP, because lightning strikes (which routinely hit planes without anyone even noticing) have basically the same effect as an EMP attack.

It's also why it's super-annoying that they ask you to disable electronic devices on take-off and landing, because you could literally detonate an EMP bomb the size of the fuselage of a plane, inside the plane, and you ~wouldn't impact the ability of the pilots to continue to use their devices inside their double-caged cockpit (and the point of the double-cage, btw, is to do with the risk that the cage may be compromised, not do with the risk of the first cage being overcome).
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2016-10-11 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    China's not interested in geographic conquest, they're interested in economic conquest. They pretty much have that standing army for defense.
    China's entire economic structure is based on voodoo. Price controls, currency devaluing, inflation, central planning propping up favored industries, that's all most likely gotta come to an end some day. I think when that happens, we're going to see either an implosion in a collapse of the Chinese government or an explosion in raw expansionist war.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    First off the 40m people test was BS.

second if there was a war there would be no need to fight it would be over in a day or two with nukes because they would get steam rolled and have no other choice.
    That's kind of why I made the post. It makes for an interesting discussion. Considering the political climate in the US, considering the dysfunctionality of the government, considering who might or might not be the next President, etc... If Trump wins, and war happens, would you fight? If Clinton wins, and war happens, would you fight?

Deleted
    Hell no. I won't be fighting for politicians.

Wouldn't mind killing politicians and bad journalists to stop all that crap though. Starting with NATO fear mongering propaganda spewing politicians (including entire US government), followed by BBC, CNN, FOX news teams, followed by some propaganda spewing Russian TV channels new teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Chances are that I'd be within in a nuclear blast zone so I'm going to say no
    This guy knows what will happen, Im gonna vote no Trump too...(cant actually vote, since I live in a civilized country)
    On the other hand I'm pretty fed up with life atm, so a Nuke showdown might be a a sweet diversion...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Hell no. I won't be fighting for politicians.

Wouldn't mind killing politicians and bad journalists to stop all that crap though. Starting with NATO fear mongering propaganda spewing politicians (including entire US government), followed by BBC, CNN, FOX news teams, followed by some propaganda spewing Russian TV channels new teams.
    You gonna kill the weather girls too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    You gonna kill the weather girls too?
    Good point. Should have clarified that it only applies to teams involved in spreading political bullshit.