Help me help my rogue please!

I have been playing with Kaz for YEARS. He is a good player and normally tops the charts. Something is missing and I don't know what to do to help him at this point. I am attaching logs from last nights full heroic and normal clear. Any help or insight would be amazing.

Kazbloodrage is his name on the logs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...cjh48N#boss=-2

Thankyou,
    Runz

First thing I see is that he's still playing Outlaw. Outlaw is trash compared to Assassination. Outlaw is both less average damage and the most RNG prone spec in the game.

Second thing I see is that he has very low activity. He should be at around 99% like your other raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I looked at ursoc kill 1 and 2. It looks like he is occasionally over capping combo points by casting saber slash or pistol shot while capped on combo points. Over capping combo points can result in a massive loss of damage especially if its wasted globals during curse. His ghostly strike up time is also abysmal to say the least. You should have him get a weak aura for ghostly strike if he doesn't have one already.

His Ghostly Strike uptime is really bad. If he's not going to be able to maintain 90%+ uptime on GS, he should run one of the other talents on that tier.

basically what the others said, if he really wants to play outlaw then he needs to get wa's to help him. He didn't have ghostly strike up for the entire time he had time warp, adrenaline rush, and shark infested waters so he wasted a ton of potential dmg (looking at the normal ursoc kill as that was the first one to pop up). He has under 80% uptime on ghostly strike as a whole when it should be near 100% uptime on a boss that you don't have to run out on for more than a few seconds. Looks like a lot of wasted CP as well.

He would honestly do more dmg just swapping over to assassination and using a bleed build with his current gear. Provided he can keep his dot uptimes high anyway. He has a higher ilvl than I do yet I can hit 300k+ as assassination.