Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    This quest is fucking aids.

I got pristines of every one of the available solves and I still don't have a single gem.

Yeah it's not like it's required for an artifact skin or anything! Who cares right?!
    This particular quest is not mandatory... should someone chose to ignore it then it only extends their getting a particular skin by 2wks. Dont need to be pissy with me I was 800 Arch before the first weekly reset. I found the Azuna one far more annoying than this one.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Did this one yesterday. Yeah, the drop rate is very low. Even on the angry ghosts that spawn. Took me about 25 dig sites (not strikes, complete SITES) to complete. At least Suramar archeology sites aren't as mob crowded as Aszuna or hard to get to like Highmountain or Stormheim.

Edit: don't you need to complete this quest at least once to get the archeology mount?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Did this one yesterday. Yeah, the drop rate is very low. Even on the angry ghosts that spawn. Took me about 25 dig sites (not strikes, complete SITES) to complete. At least Suramar archeology sites aren't as mob crowded as Aszuna or hard to get to like Highmountain or Stormheim.

Edit: don't you need to complete this quest at least once to get the archeology mount?
    This quest is not need to get the archaeology mount, nor is it needed for the weapon skin. The archaeology mount comes from the bi-weekly arch WQ. The current WQ is the one from Suramar that folks are complaining about. The arch weapon skin only requires the completion of 8 of the arch world quests.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    This particular quest is not mandatory... should someone chose to ignore it then it only extends their getting a particular skin by 2wks. Dont need to be pissy with me I was 800 Arch before the first weekly reset. I found the Azuna one far more annoying than this one.
    Based on what you've seen so far versus other quests, is this one worth skipping?

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you get them with the fragments? I haven't gotten one yet so I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Do you get them with the fragments? I haven't gotten one yet so I don't know.
    Yeah, or you can get them from the mob that can spawn.

I tried for about 2.5 hours and didn't get a single one, so I'm done with it this time around. Not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Based on what you've seen so far versus other quests, is this one worth skipping?
    starting with this one and steppping backwards...

This one, not so bad.
    Previous was HM for the spear, relatively easy, then you have to do Netharions Lair dungeon,
    Previous to that was Azuna, you needed 25 solves, I found that one a royal pain in the arse.
    Previous to that was Stormheim where you needed 200 War of the Ancient fragments which drops rarely when you are digging in Stormheim, many of Stormheim's sites were in pvp areas, and many of them were right in the agro range of 110 elites. (By far and away the more painful than the Suramar one)
    Previous to that was the HM one where you got the mouse as the reward (Note this was only the case for like 10hours)

So, to answer your question, would I skip this one? naw. I'd do it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cleared ten dig-sites at the weekend, and didn't get a single gem; I read and re-read the quest text several times, I was convinced that I must have misunderstood, and was doing something terribly wrong.

On a positive note, I did manage to get three Pristine artifact solves during that time. And at least the Suramar sites were fairly close together, in the western part of the zone, without many hostile NPCs.

However, with that drop rate, I decided to give up on this particular quest. No biggie, I'll see what pops up the next time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I think I've completed 8-10 sites and only found 1/6 jewels so far. Anyone else have this kind of bad luck?
    Yerp, did a dozen sites, got 2 jewels, gave up. It's by far the most time consuming so far - the Aszuna one last month took me 26 digsites to complete and this one was on track to take 30+ sites. I'll do the quest later in the expansion when I am bored I guess.

I finished last night. Went from 550 Arch when I started the quest to some amount past 800 when I finally found the 6th one.

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    ...True, but it gets pretty soul-crushing when you wind up coming away with more starlight rosedust than starlight rose.
    Really? At Rank 2 my 107/108 Demon Hunter pulls about about 10 roses to 1 dust every time I go out. Keep wishing for Rank 3 to drop, but meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    -Only- 5000 gold? That's still a pretty decent chunk of change...
    Not really. I currently get about 3k gold for 20 Starlight Rose on my realm. I can farm up 00 Starlight Rose in about an hour. 5000g for that much time because of RNG isn't worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    took me over 2 hours I think.

They fixed it. Now the wisp drops and drop chance greatly increased.
    Got mine after like 7-9 dig sites

Quote Originally Posted by p835555pe View Post
    If they really did then I knew waiting till last minute to do it would pay off

Edit: So I'm not gonna lie, I figured with 1 post he might've been trying to trick us. Just did it myself. Took 8 digsites, 3 had zero fragments, 1 had two fragments, three came from wisps (100% drop) other 3 came from digs.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2016-10-19 at 08:54 AM.

I found this quest took a long time but it was pretty easy. Suramar is easy to navigate and the mobs around the dig sites are easy to kill and not that populated. No elite or pvp zones. Does anyone else feel this would have been a much better item if it was a cosmetic helm that sold for $5,000 once it's in your transmorg list?

don't forget that you can't get the drop if you're waiting in a raid group

10+ Year Old Account
    Professions

Archaeology

It should now be easier to obtain Jewels of Aellis for the quest "Sifting Through the Rubble". Angry Highborne Spirits should now have a 100% chance to drop a jewel.
    good news

Quote Originally Posted by p835555pe View Post
    Good to hear, anyone seeing about this drop rate?

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Good to hear, anyone seeing about this drop rate?
    About 5 posts up I posted: (Link here)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If they really did then I knew waiting till last minute to do it would pay off

Edit: So I'm not gonna lie, I figured with 1 post he might've been trying to trick us. Just did it myself. Took 8 digsites, 3 had zero fragments, 1 had two fragments, three came from wisps (100% drop) other 3 came from digs.