Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

Are all dk now enemies/traitors to the horde?

They break out an prisoner of the warqueen and kill guards of the undercity in the progress even the horde race dks.
    So they are more loyal to the dk order then the horde faction and even now kill horde members.

I just did this part of the order hall and now view my own dk as a traitor.

7+ Year Old Account
    You have a decent point.

The Knights of the Ebon Blade - as a faction and as a whole - are not apart of the Alliance or the Horde. Only the player's DK is apart of those respective factions AND now more recently leader of the Ebon Blade.

From an immersive perspective, if you are a Horde DK and do freeing of Koltira from the Undercity that technically would be act of an attacking your own faction and causing some strife between the Undercity/Forsaken race and yourself + the Ebon Blade.

That quest makes more sense as an Alliance DK, so perhaps Blizzard could have changed up the quest for Horde DK's.

I wouldn't worry about that too much - lol - if I was the quest designer for that particular scenario I would be thinking "Horde DK's should imagine it as you getting a slap on the wrist or spend like 1 day in a jail cell for the act, then on your way as usual"

You meant Warchief. Don't go inventin' titles.

Deleted
    Right now, the Dks should be enemies of the Horde, the alliance and the Silver Hand, as they have seriously pissed off all three of them. They raised a warhero of the horde and one of the most important Kings of Humanity, killed the Forsaken of Stromgarde, freed a traitor of the Horde and attacked Light's Hope Chapel. Hell, if Blizz was more into realistic politics, the Death Knights would be seriously fucked, as pissing off the Paladins alone probably also pisses of the Alliance, as Paladins have a deep social influence to the Alliance, they are THE role models for Humans, Draenei and religious Dwarfs.

Probably nothing will happen.

It is especially awkward for my fiercely loyal forsaken death knight, breaking out a traitor HE HELPED CAPTURE, and killing Undercity Abominations... using his pet abomination I like to think came from Undercity. He did give them all valentines every year.

Though, I would argue that killing Galen and the undead in Stromgarde was not an act of treason. They were about to commit open rebellion against the Forsaken. Killing them is no different than killing the Rotbrains and rebels in Tirisfal.

The Silver Hand and the Ebon Blade are even ever since we gave them a hand helping them corrupt the Ashbringer again.

Yes if you are Horde your DK is a filthy traitor, but since lore-wise I don't think anyone knows who did it so I suppose you simply keep this little secret between you and your buttbuddies koltira/tarzan.

However I do wonder what your punishement would be if you'd walk up to the warchief and confess

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the rest of the Horde would be delighted to know that Koltira was trapped in the Undercity thanks to Sylvanas. You can complain about the Ebon Blade being questionable(And I'd say they are but it's who they are so it's fine lorewise) but let's not act like what Sylvanas did wasn't treacherous.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The way I see it, the Ebon Blade is a fairly loose organization. I think it probably depends on the Death Knight. Also, keep in mind that (aside from raiding the Silver Hand, a neutral organization), neither freeing Koltira nor raising Nazgrim were public things. They were done fairly secretively and while there would certainly be suspicion, actual proof would be harder to gather.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly it seems that more EB members need koltiras treatment. Perhaps few months years will put the in the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone even know the Ebon Blade pulled that off?

Has anyone in Undercity checked Koltira's cell?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm sure the rest of the Horde would be delighted to know that Koltira was trapped in the Undercity thanks to Sylvanas. You can complain about the Ebon Blade being questionable(And I'd say they are but it's who they are so it's fine lorewise) but let's not act like what Sylvanas did wasn't treacherous.
    What she did was more merciful than the summary execution she could have justifiably carried out in the field to nothing but the nodding approval of her counterparts in the Horde. What treachery? How is her catching him in the act of disobeying orders and nearly causing her forces to fall to defeat her betraying him?

The Horde would have good reason to object to the Ebon Blade springing him, but so far this expansion, it's been the Horde that acted more reasonably about the long-term importances of having allies, so I don't expect Sylvanas to try an assault on Archerus over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    What she did was more merciful than the summary execution she could have justifiably carried out in the field to nothing but the nodding approval of her counterparts in the Horde. What treachery? How is her catching him in the act of disobeying orders and nearly causing her forces to fall to defeat her betraying him?

The Horde would have good reason to object to the Ebon Blade springing him, but so far this expansion, it's been the Horde that acted more reasonably about the long-term importances of having allies, so I don't expect Sylvanas to try an assault on Archerus over it.
    He's a Blood Elf, I doubt Lor'themar would like to hear Sylvanas personally having Koltira in her Undercity being *brainwashed* or what not. Sylvanas has shown minus the Broken Shore event that she can't be trusted.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I would say Sylvanas should be more at fault for still holding onto someone would could of been an asset against the Legion.

True. Imprisoning your own general for his own treason is very treacherous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The mission to free Koltira was clandestine, and undertaken while the bulk of Sylvanas' forces (and Sylvanas herself) were absent from the Undercity. It's unlikely the Forsaken command or the Horde in general know he was freed - and that is also dependent on how many were privy to the fact that Sylvanas had imprisoned Koltira in the first place. He wasn't tried for any crimes or brought before a Horde tribunal of any kind - he was just taken bodily to the Undercity via a portal (and some Hellraiser-like chains).

I doubt the Horde would even pursue action against the Ebon Blade if they were made aware - the Ebon Blade is too important to the war effort against the Legion. Perhaps afterwards, if Koltira's release becomes common knowledge.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

He's a Blood Elf, I doubt Lor'themar would like to hear Sylvanas personally having Koltira in her Undercity being *brainwashed* or what not. Sylvanas has shown minus the Broken Shore event that she can't be trusted.
    Race means nothing in the Ebon Blade. Koltira specifically joined the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I would say Sylvanas should be more at fault for still holding onto someone would could of been an asset against the Legion.
    Hmm, what's worse. Sylvanas entertaining her sovereignty in treatment of her prisoner, a person that specifically joined the Forsaken and wasn't a mere Ebon Blade mercenary or whatever or Ebon Blade instigating conflict (not just with the Forsaken) because Sylvanas didn't kiss their ass. Yeah, option A is totally worse than using violence. And Koltira is pretty much the poster boy for incompetence as far as Ebon Blade is concerned.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who gives a crap about Koltira? Sylvanas probably forgot that guy was even still down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Hmm, what's worse. Sylvanas entertaining her sovereignty in treatment of her prisoner, a person that specifically joined the Forsaken and wasn't a mere Ebon Blade mercenary or whatever or Ebon Blade instigating conflict (not just with the Forsaken) because Sylvanas didn't kiss their ass. Yeah, option A is totally worse than using violence. And Koltira is pretty much the poster boy for incompetence as far as Ebon Blade is concerned.
    What's worse, the end of the world, or someone making a mistake in judgment?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The mission to free Koltira was clandestine, and undertaken while the bulk of Sylvanas' forces (and Sylvanas herself) were absent from the Undercity. It's unlikely the Forsaken command or the Horde in general know he was freed - and that is also dependent on how many were privy to the fact that Sylvanas had imprisoned Koltira in the first place. He wasn't tried for any crimes or brought before a Horde tribunal of any kind - he was just taken bodily to the Undercity via a portal (and some Hellraiser-like chains).
    Abominations can be remade and they witnessed the event. And I'm not sure how rest of the Horde knowing or not knowing about Forsaken's internal matters is important here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I doubt the Horde would even pursue action against the Ebon Blade if they were made aware - the Ebon Blade is too important to the war effort against the Legion. Perhaps afterwards, if Koltira's release becomes common knowledge.
    Ebon Blade is least involved in the war against the Legion out of all Class Orders. Other than their dungeon quests they don't even fart in the Legion's general direction. And number-wise they are teeny-tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What's worse, the end of the world, or someone making a mistake in judgment?
    What's worse, fracturing the front against the legion by attacking the others fighting it, or not doing that? I guess Paladins are in the wrong for not handing Tirion's body over too. And I'm sure Stockades are still packed with criminals, let's go in and recruit these trustworthy people there. They could be assets.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2016-10-12 at 08:19 PM.