Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Divine Tempest..the paladin Barrage?

I'm around 816k from even getting it, but has anyone used it yet? It seems that it could be derided as much as Barrage is if it's not perfectly placed when used, if the description is any indicator.
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2016-10-12 at 10:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playfully calling it "Ret Barrage" since getting it, but honestly I have no idea how you could accidentally pull extra stuff with it. It's a 20 yard direct line attack (not even a cone). 20 yards is significantly less than the actual aggro range of monsters in relevant content... It honestly just lets you hit more stuff in spread AOE situations and not much else.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    I decided to get Tempest before Echo (got all 3 majors by now).

Honestly, it's pretty much impossible to pull extra packs with it in instances without already being close to aggro range. Unless you are standing on the far end and firing Divine Storm facing towards the pack ahead of you, it will never travel far enough to hit unintended targets.

In world content, sure, it does tag Neutrals or extra Hostiles that walk too close, but that's hardly a concern.

You are a melee, positioning a frontal cone is not an issue lol. Barrage is 50 yard cone, 100yd cone before the hotfix.

As others have said, I doubt pulling extra mobs will be too much of an issue. Thematically I dislike it though. I'd like to see it done away with.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

You'll probably face pull before you pull with this. I do wish the animation was a little more impressive and actually showed where it goes. My animation for it is just a a light in the middle with a few sparkles.

Deleted
    It doesn't go far enough to realistically pull in the same way as a carelessly aimed barrage; the range is about body pull range. Where it can be problematic is in hitting neutral mobs which you didn't intend to pull, or CCed mobs.

Deleted
    Yeah i joked about it too, but you are more likely to pull something due to latency and judgment auto-jumping to the nearest target than Divine tempest. It doesn't go THAT far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    As others have said, I doubt pulling extra mobs will be too much of an issue. Thematically I dislike it though. I'd like to see it done away with.
    I thought like this, but now at least i admit it helps a bit our sorry ass design. We can stick to a main target due to judgment constrains and send DS's flying to nearby adds without having to switch completely and lose DPS.
    It's an awful band-aid. But at least it helps.

I just wish we got some freaking burst AoE back. It's so frustrating! I would like to see consecration gone and in its place a greater Divine Storm like Uther's in Heroes of the storm (same sound would be great aswell). Meaty AoE hit with short duration stun, 1m CD.

Deleted
    Hardly... if divine tempest reaches the next trash pack, then it most probably would have been bodypulled by the tank, or anyone else, anyway.

Deleted
    Sigh still waiting for that shit to come over 3 traits away (y took the long run for it gonna take me 2-3 weeks of AP farming).
    Btw anyone noticed sometimes the withered training quest asking for 10 withered to enter the second area when clearly upon entering it with 8 trainees there is absolutely no possible way of grabbing 2 extras ? Have lost quite some ap due to that issue.

You should be fine for the most part. I suppose you could accidentally pull something with the echo, since there is a delay and it can go in a different direction than the main tempest.

My only gripe is that it looks stupid. Would've been cooler if it had a wave effect, like ashes to ashes or the chaos wave that demo locks used to have in meta.

so Echo of Ten Percents -born Divine Tempest will too fly away , after main one?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    so Echo of Ten Percents -born Divine Tempest will too fly away , after main one?
    Oddly enough, the echoed tempest flies out in the direction that you are currently facing, not in the direction of the original tempest. So you could fire off a divine tempest, immediately face your character away, and you'd have two tempests flying out in completely different directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Btw anyone noticed sometimes the withered training quest asking for 10 withered to enter the second area when clearly upon entering it with 8 trainees there is absolutely no possible way of grabbing 2 extras ? Have lost quite some ap due to that issue.
    There are no mandatory areas with a withered requirement to open. Sounds like you're talking about Lapilla's room - it's entirely optional, just skip it - turn left just before the door. Frankly, once you have the chest from that room, you should skip it anyway.

I'm being very careful with it, after wiping due to it. I think it was Mythic 5-6ish a few weeks ago in BRH, and somehow Illysana was pulled during the pack in the room below (shouldn't be possible, as she isn't actually able to move there, so instead she just went ballistic and wiped us). Haven't pulled anything since then though, and it's much easier to control than Barrage.

Deleted
    think i pulled 1 pack in court of stars once because it travelled through a wall. Its pretty hard overpull with it apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I just wish we got some freaking burst AoE back. It's so frustrating! I would like to see consecration gone and in its place a greater Divine Storm like Uther's in Heroes of the storm (same sound would be great aswell). Meaty AoE hit with short duration stun, 1m CD.
    See, I like Consecration and while I know the final verdict talent is better it just feels weird not having it. I'd rather see Consecration made baseline (not like it does enough damage to nerf other abilities) and then replace the talent with something else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    See, I like Consecration and while I know the final verdict talent is better it just feels weird not having it. I'd rather see Consecration made baseline (not like it does enough damage to nerf other abilities) and then replace the talent with something else.
    What do you like about consecration? Its a static weak hitting, high maintnance AoE. I don't see any use for it.

If you played Heroes of the storm i can garantee that Uther's Divine storm would make you forget about consecration real fast. Its that cool!

Here's a taste: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SayjUOrHx5U

I know its cool to consecrate the ground and feel like you command the ground with your presence. But it just doesnt work very well for damage dealing (unless you are the tank. Wich is why it works for Prot.).
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-10-15 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    What do you like about consecration? Its a static weak hitting, high maintnance AoE. I don't see any use for it.
    Because when I'm out doing World Quests and such I can drop consecrate and my friend can just chain pull with moonfire mobs over to me when they run in Bodyguard grabs them. Repeat. Never said it was a super amazing ability, but it does have utility. Also, has the benefit of breaking you out of some abilities that require you to take damage because you are wrapped or something.

Not sure how it's high maintenance though. It has ~10 second cooldown. Dropping it down every 10 seconds isn't an issue and usually I do it while I'm waiting for Judgement to cooldown so I can reapply and spend HP.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2016-10-15 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Because when I'm out doing World Quests and such I can drop consecrate and my friend can just chain pull with moonfire mobs over to me when they run in Bodyguard grabs them. Repeat. Never said it was a super amazing ability, but it does have utility. Also, has the benefit of breaking you out of some abilities that require you to take damage because you are wrapped or something.

Not sure how it's high maintenance though. It has ~10 second cooldown. Dropping it down every 10 seconds isn't an issue and usually I do it while I'm waiting for Judgement to cooldown so I can reapply and spend HP.
    Sorry, i edited my post since.

Its high maintenance because it costs you a global every 10 seconds for an ability that doesn't move with you , does low damage and doesn't generate HP. Basically, not worth the GCD's it costs. Sure, it may have it's niche uses, but as a damage dealing ability, its not very good, and even if it was, it would be a frustrating one to use reliably.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-10-15 at 03:09 PM.