Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    If my house of 3 kids under 12 is any indication these are the richest and most popular youtubers ever:

Dan TDM
    Stampycat
    LD Shadowlady

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how youtube famous is kinda like a meritocracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    How "famous" is Internet famous? I mean I would kind of recognize Pewdiepie, but besides him if somebody had said, "I got 8 million subscribers on YouTube/Facebook/Twitter/Whatever." Is that really a big deal???? Discuss.
    I wouldn't recognize him, don't watch him, I don't recommend most rappers either, unless they make jackasses out of themselves like Kanye.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I would say many are as famous as a lot of other famous people, not like superstar status like the biggest actors/musicians, but still known... Especially for anyone who regularly uses YouTube, even if you don't watch their channels, people know who Philip DeFranco is, PewDiePie, John Green, etc. are...
    I'm on Youtube A LOT and have never heard of any of those people.

Also, the only "new" musicians that I know what they look like are cuz they've been thrust down our throats, like Lil Wayne, Drake etc. And that's only cuz they sold out and are in Samsung or Sprite commercials.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The only person I recognize in this thread is Lindsey Stirling...and that's for reasons that have nothing to do with the 'net. (Talent like that...I'm glad to have heard)

So...internet famous means little to me...
    And I've no desire to "correct" that perception.

a bit more than what their subscriber number says.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I think you vastly overestimate how recognizable Pewdiepie is to most people. I doubt I'd recognize him if you put him on stage, let alone on the street. There are quite a few people who might recognize some of them, but it isn't a majority in any way shape or form.
    I think you mis-read that.
    WB wasn't calling pewdie..whatever, a b-celeb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh this reminds me of this time I was at a convention and apparently this famous youtuber was there "iJustine"? I think it was? Anyways, some reps are asking people if they want to take pictures with her (for a fee, of course) and when we walked by the booth and they asked all I could think was "Who?" And that's coming from someone who has used Youtube daily for years and follow quite a bit of million+ youtubers. That's the good thing about youtube though, some peoples idols won't necessarily be your own and those same people might not recognize my favorite youtubers.

But then I go freaking out about pro Smash brothers players that have astronomically less fans 'celebrity' culture is weird.

Being famous IRL gets you money and hoes while being famous on YouTube gets you lynched or sued by The Fine Bros so I'd say not very famous.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Pewdiepie is in his own league though.

But basically Twitch famous means you're still irrelevant, youtube famous is a bit of a stretch as there's so much variety there but anything from 1-8 mill would be considered somewhat relevant, 8-20 mill I'd say you're somewhat famous, 20 and up pretty much means you're someone a lot of people of different ages are going to recognize on the street.

There's not too many that has crossed over into the mainstream though, most of them are within music or comedy.

I would recognize the shaytards, Lindsey Stirling, Devin Supertramp and a few members of the Yogscast. But that's about it.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Internet famous means more to the youth than TV famous. Consider it an achievement when you have 1 million subscribers.

I might recognize someone like Jenna Marbles on a screen but not in person. I wouldn't want to meet them or get their autographs. They're nothing special, they just have a video camera and can access an indiscriminate platform.