There any indication to the games player numbers these days?

Just curious if there is any unofficial census like Warcraft realms or similar to one FF14 uses unofficially? Curious to the life of the game as well as the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just curious if there is any unofficial census like Warcraft realms or similar to one FF14 uses unofficially? Curious to the life of the game as well as the playerbase.
    Even if there were Trion would probably find a way to make the servers look prosperous just like they viewbot their Youtube vids

Quote Originally Posted by justinhalfout View Post
    Even if there were Trion would probably find a way to make the servers look prosperous just like they viewbot their Youtube vids
    Ah no come on man I'm genuinely curious about a census. Usually games have unofficial ones. Let's leave that topic for the SP thread
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-13 at 08:05 AM.

I think the best you're going to get is probably Rifts Steam Chart. As you can imagine, it's far from accurate. But you can compare it to other games on there to get an idea of the relative size of the population. There are other MMO's on Steam that have both their own launcher and use Steam too, but the best ones to look at in my opinion would be Tera and Wildstar, both of which use a similar model to Rift.

You could compare it to one with a known quantity of players like FF 14 to get a very rough estimate of the percentage of the population that use Steam vs the games own launcher and use that to get an idea of how many people are playing Rift. I would in no way present these kinds of findings as being anything like accurate however, but it is one way to get an estimate.

As of posting this however, there are plenty of games that are still going through Greenlight that have more regular Steam players than Rift. Even Trove has more! Rift is even performing worse on Steam than No Mans Sky. Rift may or may not be performing well through Glyph, but on it's not doing well at all on Steam.

Unfortunately the only people who really know the answer to this are Trion themselves, and they're keeping tight lipped on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I think the best you're going to get is probably Rifts Steam Chart. As you can imagine, it's far from accurate. But you can compare it to other games on there to get an idea of the relative size of the population. There are other MMO's on Steam that have both their own launcher and use Steam too, but the best ones to look at in my opinion would be Tera and Wildstar, both of which use a similar model to Rift.

You could compare it to one with a known quantity of players like FF 14 to get a very rough estimate of the percentage of the population that use Steam vs the games own launcher and use that to get an idea of how many people are playing Rift. I would in no way present these kinds of findings as being anything like accurate however, but it is one way to get an estimate.

As of posting this however, there are plenty of games that are still going through Greenlight that have more regular Steam players than Rift. Even Trove has more! Rift is even performing worse on Steam than No Mans Sky. Rift may or may not be performing well through Glyph, but on it's not doing well at all on Steam.

Unfortunately the only people who really know the answer to this are Trion themselves, and they're keeping tight lipped on the subject.
    Steam chart shows it going down and down with only one gain in the past 30 days. Can't be good can it? Problem is though Tera isn't on Steam anymore it got pulled if I recall?