Thread: Your dream car?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm not a massive car person, but I love this thing

http://www.motorstown.com/43216-mits...warrior-04.jpg Since img doesn't work

10+ Year Old Account
    Mustang 69' or Shelby variants.
    911, 80s to early 90s.
    Tesla Model X.
    -K

good ol' pandino

it brought me in so many raves lost in the mountains that can be only the perfect and definitive car

Mclaren F1, has been since I was a boy

Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    I'd also argue that it lacks the prestige of true super car. Partly due to the cheap price that makes them relatively common. Also the looks are an important part of what makes them super cars. They are vanity items after all.
    Thee are a lot of things about the teslas that are not up to scratch for "supercar" status. Check out the burger ring times, they are usually pretty good at hiding those impressive 0-60 dashes. They are heavy and they still like to overheat under proper sustained duress. At this particular point in time teslas look a lot more like old american muscle cars in performance than sports cars. Elon musk is clearly a closet drag racer.

http://jalopnik.com/heres-what-a-tes...rin-1600644908
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Dodge Viper

Aston Martin Vulcan

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    I consider 250km/h as really fast, and the 50-80 or so more that "actual" supercars add don't really weigh in anymore, since pretty much nobody can legally even top out a Model S for any meaningful stretches of time. Not even here in Germany. (Except for rentig a spot on a race track, but that's not my thing.)
    That's performance sedan range, which Tesla is. It doesn't matter what that extra 100km/h actually adds but it's an essential part of what makes a super car, you know, actually superior compared to normal cars.

The performance it has, combined with its light weight, bring it right up into the range of supercars.
    What light weight? It weights 2.2 tons. -.- And the performance just isn't there. The car is slow as fuck on a track and just horrible to drive.

Just my opinion but mere fast 0-60 time isn't enough to justify it being called super car. It's "luxury" sedan.

My list would be a mile long because they are so many beautiful/cool cars out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    Aston Martin Vulcan
    Ever seen one of those with a number plate?

Kind of wonder why they bothered making it so pretty, it is by far the best looking aston imo.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

My 68 Camaro Super Sport
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    finally my third favorite car:

am i the only one who likes this car?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would really like a McLaren F1, but my spouse tells me some bullshit about that being "outside our budget."

Alternatively, I would like a unicorn. I think I have about equal odds of getting either.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Sooooo... 760hp "isn't there"? O.o
    (P90D in ludicrous mode, which is what I test drove.)
    That 760hp is old data I think. There was the whole fiasco with falsely reported reading where Tesla combined the front and rear motor horse powers to get unrealistic total amount. They later had to change 691hp of the P85D to 463hp and from what I can see they advertise the ludicrous mode as "extra 50hp" so go figure.

Still doesn't change the fact that it's really heavy car. What I meant by terrible to drive is the lack of steering feel and feedback to the road. Don't get me wrong it's perfectly fine for a luxury sedan to have comfort oriented steering and chassis but it cripples it's performance aspect. And when I say performance I don't mean only pure acceleration.

Of course it's all very subjective. There's no right answer since it's all very much personal opinions but I think a lot of people would agree that you just can't call it a super car when all it really got for itself is the acceleration (and technological advancement). It's a cool thing nonetheless though don't get me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Makes no sense whatsoever. You can't choose between a diesel 550 or gasoline M5?
    I live in Finland where we have winter. So yeah, choosing between xDrive or rwd. We have winter up here in Oulu.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakuski View Post
    I live in Finland where we have winter. So yeah, choosing between xDrive or rwd. We have winter up here in Oulu.
    There's the M550i Xdrive as well. With way more HP as well than the diesel..

10+ Year Old Account

Why this one you may ask? Well:

1. Muscle Car
    2. Fast AF
    3. Historic and rare
    4. Pop-up headlights (very rare for this time)
    5. Huge spoiler (stock!)
    6. Featured in my second favorite movie of all time, Joe Dirt

The one car (err, well their IS the Plymouth Superbird, but that was slightly more common and well known, as well as not featured in a beloved film) that has all the features I look for in a car in one package.

some land shark from the 1960-70's, probably a Cadillac. with shag upholstery and a brand new sound system, lime green, has to be lime green.

yeah this thing... but PIMPED out.

Deleted
    Audi A9, possibly a Porsche

Dream that might come true soon: Toyota GT86 or Subaru BRZ, wrapped and done up.

1 that probably never will: Lamborghini gallardo/aventador