Assassination Adivce

I decided to swap to assassination today from Outlaw. RTB has me hitting like a wet noodle at times. Started crafting some gear to bring up my crit. I am currently sitting at
    32% Crit, Mastery 112%, Haste 9%, Vers 8%. I know I need to get my crit up and will be working on that.

Today is my 1st day after swapping to Assassin and zoldyck-family-training-shackles drop from emissary cache. Your Poisons and Bleeds deal 40% increased damage to targets below 30% health.

No going back to Outlaw now!

I have read that once you get to 100 mastery it is best to run AP over Exang. And per the google doc, we still stick with EP no matter what.

Would this be the best route to follow? Some guides say vers on rings, is this still the best way to go?

Any info would be helpful!

Thanks!

Hey Fehl. The same exact thing happened to me. i switched my loot spec because I wanted to go assass for more consistent dps and the bracers dropped out of a mythic+ lol! So after the switch with food and enchants i sit at around 44% crit and 102% mastery. From watching Pinchz, his gearing strat seems to be stay around or above 40%ish crit and 105% mastery while gaining agi from gear. His gear is pretty nuts but realistically you have to have mostly crit mastery pieces to meet both the crit and mastery requirements especially below 860 ilvl. My experience in dps has been good. On M Ursoc as outlaw i hovered between 270-310k dps depending on RTB but last night we downed him and i was assass(only 2nd day playing it) and i finished the fight at 365k.

Hey Fehl,

There has been quite the discussion on Assassination rogues about stats, poisons vs bleeds, etc.

There are a few good rules of thumb you can follow, however when it comes to stat priority, your best bet is to sim yourself and plot out your stats. It is true that your crit, mastery and vers scale well together so overstacking one is probably a bad way to go.

Are you running Exang or AP? Would you mind linking your armory?

Definitely lose haste and versa for a lot more crit and some mastery. You want to stay over 40% crit and around 115-125% mastery really. Run EP/AP. Grats on the legendary too ... like 2 months in and I still don't have one. Only pushing 325k or so at 857 ilvl with no legendary

Try to get rid of all haste/versatility if you can

Aim for ATLEAST 40% crit ( I'd advise getting to ~44% ), and what's left, on mastery

EP will be better than Master Poisoner 'til we get 140~150% mastery on Nighthold ( then the overall gain from MP will make it better, theoretically speaking, but of course I am assuming optimizated EP gameplay, maintaining during your major cooldowns, high crit to provide ~4 CP on one Mut many times during the same encounter and such )

Deleted
    Maybe not the right thread but since we are discussing the EP build, when do you want to pool energy exactly?
    Is it during EP when you have enough Cp's to Envenom/Rupture? Still unclear about that part.
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Paristonhill View Post
    Maybe not the right thread but since we are discussing the EP build, when do you want to pool energy exactly?
    Is it during EP when you have enough Cp's to Envenom/Rupture? Still unclear about that part.
    Thanks in advance!
    When no cooldowns are up, then Muti once, pool to ~110, and then dump to Envenom ( can also be a 5~6 CP Rupture if in need ) > 2 Muti > Envenom ( while EP is still up from the first one )

MMO chamo wont let me link my armory yet since I am new.

My character is Fehl on Area52.

I have an 880 neck with no Crit, but over 1200 mastery. I know my rings need to be swapped out too. Should I drop to a 550 neck with crit?

Deleted
    I have a question with AOE and agonizing poison - we completely lose out on the two traits Master Alchemist and Poison Knives... Would it be optimal to switch to Exsanguinate for Mythic+/AOE-orientated bosses and then back to AP for more single target based fights? Or is there a way to do decent AOE DPS with agonizing?

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellow View Post
    I have a question with AOE and agonizing poison - we completely lose out on the two traits Master Alchemist and Poison Knives... Would it be optimal to switch to Exsanguinate for Mythic+/AOE-orientated bosses and then back to AP for more single target based fights? Or is there a way to do decent AOE DPS with agonizing?
    just run with DP on trashpacks, then swop to AP before every boss fight

Quote Originally Posted by Fehl View Post
    MMO chamo wont let me link my armory yet since I am new.

My character is Fehl on Area52.

I have an 880 neck with no Crit, but over 1200 mastery. I know my rings need to be swapped out too. Should I drop to a 550 neck with crit?
    Any ideas?

Check on AMR/SimC.