Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Frost Deathknight Hidden Artifact Appearance - Futhark <Master Runecarver>

This Thread is dedicated to the whole Futhark Theory and not to discuss if this could be the right one or not.

Futhark is in my opinion the one dropping the Appearance.

We need to get more information on the datamined leads.

I will update the Post with new information gathered in this thread
    1st Part - Facts to proof Futhark Theorie:

If you compare the two skull models in the pictures. One is a Runecarver Sword hilt and the other from the artifact weapon.

directupload.net/file/d/4507/fa2a2ajv_jpg.htm
    directupload.net/file/d/4507/x759ec55_jpg.htm

The other fact is, that we are looking for "Runes of the Darkening"
    • He is a Master Runecarver .
    • It fits in the Vrykul look of the sword. Like the Red Sword of Courage from WotLK.

Datamined Text of Futhark:

95104;"Your presence is NOT welcome in OUR chamber! Your kind could never fathom the knowledge flowing through these runes!";"";0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;22522
    95105;"I won't bother with you, peasants. I'll let my students deal with your kind.";"";0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;22522
    95106;"Very well. I'll deal with you myself.";"";0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;22522

He refers to "Your kind" - Our kind are people who uses Runes on a daily basis and are known for that therefore have knowledge of runes.
    In addition the Corrupted Runecarver are his "students" - so there we have the Darkening (Corrupt) part of the "Runes of the Darkening"

Strange thing is - most of the Runecarvers do have yellow eyes - the corrupted ones and Futhark do have red ones.

Origin of "Runes of the Darkening":
    "Written in an ancient language that no living soul remembers, yet somehow the words leap to your tongue, yearning to be read."
    -> It's the language from the Shadowlands - cause every DK was in the Shadowlands for some time - they feel oddly connected to it. But because they were only a short time on this Plane of Death they can't just feel familiar.

2nd Part - Trigger Item and the possibilities how to get it:

Glowing Runestone - Item *PLS DONT think it's the Harpy stone - Mysterious Runestone*
    wowhead.com/item=132132/glowing-runestone

flavor text: "A cold stone with a glowing rune. It has the same look as the wards."

This could be a hint where to find it.

Storage options:
    • Container Item - like a Quest Object on the ground
    • Chest Item - like the one from the Kosumoth Hidden Quest (the Weathered Relic was stored in "Mound of Dirt"
    • NPC drop (not likely cause it should have dropped by now)
    • NPC Gift -> no Container & no drop location

Rune Scroll - Item
    wowhead.com/item=124055/runed-scroll
    wowhead.com/spell=183614/runed-scroll

flagged as Quest NPC but is hostile:
    wowhead.com/npc=107401/areg-bloodrune (he has the runecarver model with yellow eyes [not "corrupted" red eyes])

3rd Part - Information on possible NPC/Spell/Items found that may be related to the Quest

Futhark <Master Runecarver> - NPC
    wowhead.com/npc=97611/futhark

Corrupted Runecarver - NPC (Students of Futhark)
    wowhead.com/npc=98848/corrupted-runecarver

Elder Runecarver <Bladewind Raiders> - NPC Location: Open World
    wowhead.com/npc=97994/elder-runecarver

Captured Runecarver - NPC
    wowhead.com/npc=101013/captured-runecarver

Captured Runecarver - NPC *2*
    wowhead.com/spell=194532/captured-runecarver

-> it's odd that there is one spell and one npc with the identical name

Target - Runecarver Channel - NPC
    wowhead.com/npc=108922/target-runecarver-channel

Send Disgraved Runecarver Event - Spell
    wowhead.com/spell=197170/send-disgraved-runecarver-event

Conversation - Disgraced Runecarver - Spell
    wowhead.com/spell=196975/conversation-disgraced-runecarver

Decrepit Runecarver - NPC
    wowhead.com/npc=102769/decrepit-runecarver

Conversation - Tomb Corruption Precast
    wowhead.com/spell=209638/conversation-tomb-corruption-precast

Conversation - Tomb Corruption - Spell
    wowhead.com/spell=204363/conversation-tomb-corruption

Activate Runestone - Spell
    wowhead.com/spell=216204/activate-runestone

Rune Channeling - Spell
    wowhead.com/spell=184862/rune-channeling

Runic Wardstone Base
    wowhead.com/npc=101360/runic-wardstone-base

Runic Wardstone
    wowhead.com/npc=101325/runic-wardstone

Special Frost Death Knight Quest launch
    wowhead.com/spell=190092/special-frost-death-knight-quest-launch

Baric's Ritual - See Runes
    wowhead.com/spell=193086/barics-ritual-see-runes
    wowhead.com/object=244740/barics-ritual-essence

Ghost Vrykul Ritual
    wowhead.com/spell=209680/conversation-ghost-vrykul-ritual
    wowhead.com/spell=209726/complete-scene-vrykul-ghost-scene
    wowhead.com/spell=187771/summon-vrykul-ghost

Conversation Necromancer Mythics
    wowhead.com/spell=198532/conversation-necromancer-mystics

4th Part - Possible locations to check for the hidden room/container

• Stormheim
    • Helheim
    Strongly recommend area around Helheim Haustvard and Helheim itself - cause it's a big area where nothing big happened yet.
    There is a World Quest involving Dark Runes:
    wowhead.com/quest=43710/dark-runes

5th Part - To give the whole theory a bit of a red line:

• We will have to find the Glowing Runestone.
    • Then maybe we find a Runecarver in Maw of Souls - the Hell of WoW where the Valajar get after beeing disgraced somehow. Then maybe he wants to leave hell -> the only option is to be revived.
    • After that we need to find his grave - revive him.
    • After that he will be called Disgraced Runecarver.
    • Tell us to capture a Runecarver to find his former Master Futhark to kill him.

6th Part - Techniques used from Blizzard to hide Hidden Artifact Appearances

• Drop from NPC (Holy Paladin)
    • Drop from NPC+Rep. Item (Restro Druid)
    • Buy it from NPC (BM Hunter)
    • Build it with lootable Item Container all over the existing worlds (Disc Priest)
    • Order Hall Event spawn; world interaction, little event with spawn of NPC (Arcane Mage)
    Go through different Portals -> new area with unique NPC Ela'lothen (Feral Druid)*
    • Procc - Item will lead to hidden room in old content (UH DK)
    Trigger item requried for dialogue option of existing NPC (Retri Paladin)*
    • Daily spawn chance in lootcontainer (Tank Warri)
    • Drop from Boss (Tank Druid)
    Search for NPC to interact (Arms Warri)*
    • Order Hall Portal (Destro Lock)
    Loot grey items to construct the Appearance (Demo Lock)*
    Trigger item for Questline (Affli Lock)*
    • Old Scenario from Order Hall (Sub Rogue)

*the technique could be closely related to ours

7th Part - Interesting discoveries from fellow Deathknights

Notice that for the "Send Disgraved Runecaerver Event", there is an Effect of "Send Script Event(47590)". My first guess would be that this would then call an event/spell with an id of 47590, which happens to be "Freezing Cloud Periodic (Left)", which in turn applies an aura called "Freezing Cloud".

Also of interest is the fact that "Conversation - Disgraced Runecarver" has TWO effects. "Unknown Effect(Effect #219)(746)" and "Send Script Event(47590)". The second effect is the same as above, the Freezing Cloud thing, but the first effect is interesting. Not only is the entire "Unknown Effect" thing odd as all hell, but there IS no event/spell with an ID of 219 and 746 is "First Aid".

-----
    While looking in the "Tideskorn Harbor" area outside of Maw of Souls I found these "Cursed Coins" wowhead.com/object=252163/cursed-coins

I only Found 1 Pile of these "Curse Coins" but what they done was make me Neutral with the Vrykul in the Area for 1min.
    The "Buff you get while Neutral looks suspiciously like Remorseless Winter but Greener than Blue.
    There is only 1 Pile and it has a big respawn timer

-----
    There are auras in the game that relate to pinging the captured shieldmaiden and runecarver, so I imagine these are related. Whatever interaction with them should be triggered just by being in the same area as them for 15 seconds.
    wowhead.com/spell=215006/conversation-vrykul-missing
    wowhead.com/spell=204634/ping-captured-vrykul-aura
    wowhead.com/spell=204639/ping-captured-vrykul
    wowhead.com/spell=194532/captured-runecarver
    wowhead.com/spell=194499/captured-shieldmaiden

-----
    flagged as Quest NPC but is hostile:
    wowhead.com/npc=107401/areg-bloodrune (he has the runecarver model with yellow eyes [not "corrupted" red eyes])

I've been toying with the idea of trying to figure out how to "disgrace" a runecarver. From what I know of Vrykul, that generally means challenging them in noble combat and defeating them in front of a god or Valkyr(a).

-----

There is a Grave between two rocks near Stormtorn Flypath in Stormheim

8th Part - Things need to be done

• Try to get the grey Glowing Runestone - after all - Northrend is connected with Vrykul too maybe they exchanged it.

• We need to get more Text lines like the one from Futhark. For example from the Disgraced Runecarver or the Tomb Corruption
    Keyword to look for:
     Runic
     Reanimation/revive/Disgrave
     Futhark
     Runemaster
     Runeward/Rune

Need to find the Trigger Quest NPC
    • Need to find the Room where Futhark is (via Datamining not in person - cause possibly impossible without trigger Item) [like the hidden room from UH DK Artifact in ICC]
    Last edited by mmoc34dcadeed5; 2016-10-22 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Update 22.10.2016

You Sir are doing well. Was thinking the same thing this morning on the way to work.

Some more info about the Runecarvers

The Captured Runecarver SPELL has the effect Apply Aura: Change Model (0) on self.

So, it's very likely that we must do something to capture a Runecarver to do something.

I really suport this theory, been doing some searching myself in Stormhein, but found nothing yet.

Just gonna quickly add what I posted in the Frost thread. Might not lead anywhere but I found a lot of the similarities involving the Glowing Runestone to some Wrath stuff interesting. So the Glowing Runestone just so happens to also be a trash item from Wrath with the same name, a similar icon, and dropped in a similar zone to Stormheim (Howling Fjord, also Grizzly Hills to a lesser extent). This trash item dropped mostly off Giants that hung around the Iron Rune dwarves and were under the effects of some kind of rune-related buff.

One particularly interesting mob there was the Runed Stone Giant, who can be found in the Howling Fjord in Giants' Run. These guys walk up to a large rune on the floor and receive a sort of buff called Bind Stone Giant from the Iron dwarves, and the description reads,

"Bound with runic wards."

Now let's look at the tooltip for Glowing Runestone, which reads,

"A cold stone with a glowing rune. It has the same look as the wards."

And not to mention these mobs place a dot on you called Dark Rune.

Another thing of interest is that these giants go to stand on giant runes on the ground to be buffed by one of the Iron dwarves. Each of these runes is a different character, and maybe they might match something in Stormheim or spell something out?

Unfortunately, though, it does not appear that these mobs can be looted.

Now as many others have said, I'm inclined to agree with the notion that we are more likely to find the trigger for the hidden appearance in the Broken Isles than we are in Northrend. That being said, it may be worth looking into and seeing if there is anything else in the Broken Isles similar to what is going on with those giants. Unfortunately, I've checked a good chunk of giants listed in the Broken Isles and none really seem to have anything remotely similar to what's happening with these Runed Stone Giants... but I haven't checked every Giant in the Broken Isles, and for all we know, this new Glowing Runestone might not necessarily drop off a Giant but could perhaps drop off a mob that A) has buffs pertaining to runes, B) interacts with runes in the environment, and/or C) places a sort of debuff pertaining to runes, bonus points if it is also called Dark Rune. Or again, maybe those runes on the floor in Giants' Run can match something found in Stormheim or anywhere in the Broken Isles really, and that in turn could lead us to a chest or object that drops the rune.

I've picked up on interest in getting this figured out. Currently Artifact Knowledge 8, will be 9 this weekend.

I just spent two solid hours in Helheim looking for, well, anything. Underwater, in and around the ship, and many attempts to explore off the main island (only to be teleported back to the entrance far too many times). Only interesting bit I found was a path to the bigger battlefield area without having to walk by Guarm. No trigger items, no odd dead bodies, no interactable objects or people, nothing. I'm not saying I'm a be all, end all search, but after 2 hours, I couldn't find anything of interest to get things started.

I'd love to go for a deep dive into Maw of Souls, though. I should make some friends. :P

Spent several hours in blood spec farming the elite Restless Warlords, Restless Berserkers, skeletons and death. . .speaker? mystics on the plateau at Shield's Rest. There's three female casters in the center of the plateau, each at a massive block of glowing rune-carved pillars channeling a 5-minute spell called 'Harvest Souls.' I killed them repeatedly, not a single one dropped any loot. I also let them finish casting, and the cast bar simply reset. Went all over that place, didn't find anything of note, particularly related to the dark rune.
    Last edited by Sethanas; 2016-10-14 at 05:40 AM.

Deleted
    Hi all, i really like this theory so far. And i would like to add something. There is this grave in stormheim, and it is so very well hidden in between 2 big rocks. That i can't stop wondering what it is for. And the fact that it has a sword stuck in there, with what i believe to be runes?. Probaly more people have found this place. But it fits the scene so well... And could be needed in this chain somewhere. I can't post links yet... made an account just for this post. This place is very close to stormtorn flypath.
    Sorry if this been posted already, i haven't read all of the 300 pages of the big thread.

Edit: how many posts do you need for posting links?

Edit:
    h t t p : / / i m g u r . c o m / a / h A K a q
    h t t p : / / i m g u r . c o m / a / O H G i q
    h t t p : / / i m g u r . c o m / a / Y o r D c
    h t t p : / / i m g u r . c o m / a / Y G F 6 t
    Last edited by mmocee56884750; 2016-10-14 at 11:23 AM.

Deleted
    just post put spaces where dots (.) should be when posting a link

Quote Originally Posted by Ddensy View Post
    Hi all, i really like this theory so far. And i would like to add something. There is this grave in stormheim, and it is so very well hidden in between 2 big rocks. That i can't stop wondering what it is for. And the fact that it has a sword stuck in there, with what i believe to be runes?. Probaly more people have found this place. But it fits the scene so well... And could be needed in this chain somewhere. I can't post links yet... made an account just for this post. This place is very close to stormtorn flypath.
    Sorry if this been posted already, i haven't read all of the 300 pages of the big thread.

Edit: how many posts do you need for posting links?

Edit:
    h t t p : / / i m g u r . c o m / a / h A K a q
    h t t p : / / i m g u r . c o m / a / O H G i q
    h t t p : / / i m g u r . c o m / a / Y o r D c
    h t t p : / / i m g u r . c o m / a / Y G F 6 t

http://imgur.com/a/hAKaq
    http://imgur.com/a/OHGiq
    http://imgur.com/a/YorDc
    http://imgur.com/a/YGF6t

This was investigated in the other thread. Cool little grave, but nothing found on the surface through ability use, checking while dead, etc. My gut says it's just a cool little prop placed as a reward for people that explore down there.

Has anyone actually seen this NPC? Where its shown on Wowhead is not accurate unless its rare in some way.

I am loving all this attention. Loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromrik View Post
    • Drop from NPC+Rep. Item (Restro Druid)
    I hate to start false leads, but since everyone has tried doing things while dead, has anyone tried doing things while under the effects of this item you need with Revered Valarjar rep? The 30 min duration is quite long for a toy effect.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=129149/deaths-door-charm

Quote Originally Posted by Psaro View Post

Has anyone actually seen this NPC? Where its shown on Wowhead is not accurate unless its rare in some way.
    Since he's with the raiders maybe he only shows up during the world quest on the docks or the vrykul longship bombing mission? I can't keep all the names straight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post

I hate to start false leads, but since everyone has tried doing things while dead, has anyone tried doing things while under the effects of this item you need with Revered Valarjar rep? The 30 min duration is quite long for a toy effect.

Lol! I'm juuuust shy of revered, and bored enough to follow this lead ;p. Time to buckle down on those WQs. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanas View Post
    Lol! I'm juuuust shy of revered, and bored enough to follow this lead ;p. Time to buckle down on those WQs. . .
    I killed Fjolor(Bonestorm guy) and Fenri with the effect but by the time I got into Maw of Souls it wore off. Tip: if you die you lose the effect and have to wait an hour.

I killed Fjolor(Bonestorm guy) and Fenri with the effect but by the time I got into Maw of Souls it wore off. Tip: if you die you lose the effect and have to wait an hour.
    There's always a catch with toys :/ Still don't understand why they put massive cool downs on those. Novelty wears off pretty quick.

Runeskeld Rollo at 70.85, 38.34 in Stormheim is at an alter where he was guarding some empowered runestones, I clicked and they disappeared..

He says "by killing you I'll earn my way into the Halls of Valor", I'm going to let him kill me and see where it leads.
    Last edited by Dahti; 2016-10-14 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahti View Post
    Runeskeld Rollo at 70.85, 38.34 in Stormheim is at an alter where he was guarding some empowered runestones, I clicked and they disappeared..

He says "by killing you I'll earn my way into the Halls of Valor", I'm going to let him kill me and see where it leads.
    Those runes are all over in out of the way places. They provide a minor damage resistance buff for 30s. Collecting a second resets the timer buy doesn't do anything else. They respawn but it does take awhile. I've never collected three in a row but I've only tried a handful of times.

Rollo is a quest mob if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahti View Post

Already stumbled upon him in my research and exploring, he's just a quest objective: Rune Ruination: Runeskeld Rollo, no relation to our appearance.

Deleted
    Probably nothing... but is anyone else getting a bugged treasure chest in Helheim at 19,46 on the boat..?

Can klick it but just as the loot window opens, it immediatly closes again, and i don't autoloot anything either

- - - Updated - - -

tried it in MoS, to no avail... then ran around Haustvald for the rest of the duration, came up with nothing special tho

Has to be vrykul related, the models are too similar to be just a coincidence....