Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcopper View Post
    Not obvious, since half of the paladin book comes from Alterac with isn't in Broken Isles either...
    The paladin quest is still the special one among the special ones. Not to mention that the start of the quest is technically your research telling you that there is this rumor and you class hall NPC sending you off to grab the books.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried (had to!) and it does nothing. Well, at least that option is out.

So I've done some more searching on the Runes !

I'm convinced they have something to do with the quest chain.

I've had 3 separate people who haven't been to the area to start with come and kill a mob on top of the rune and it changes from "solid" to "pulsing"

there are 3 in High mountain

1st Rune cave :54.25;75.08
    2nd Rune cave : 54.93;90.39
    3rd Rune Cave : 42- 25

If you check in the class hall on the campaign map this rune is shown on the map NO other class hall has this or this kind of symbol.

I personally think each zone has a individual rune which is show on the class hall mission map and we must find and "activate" them, i believe I've found everything in high Mountain if people would kind enough to help in the other zones this might be faster ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems curious how this went from searching for a vrykul master runecarver to finding runes in the scouting map in Acherus in Highmountain. Its interesting but I think I found something that debunks this. Many have said that the sword at the lower right hand corner of the map is Frostmourne, and that's why it is the lead to the runes of the darkening, but after a closer inspection I'm afraid its not. That sword is the symbol of the Knights of the Ebon Blade, seen in the tabards and banners, nothing else, which only points to the map being property of the Knights of the Ebon Blade, nothing else. Still there's another map in Acherus that as far as I've seen has not yet been debunked or tried. I'm talking about the map in the table close to Ozorg (that abomination that sells you your order hall set), it also has directions in a place that looks like Caer Darrow, not saying we should check Scholomance, I think someone tried already (I may be wrong though, maybe they said Stratholme not Scholomance), but still if its not in the instance it could be in the island. That place was a Necromancer school, it wouldn't be weird for the runes to be there, or for something to trigger in the presence of the swords made out of Frostmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i dont know mucha bout the paladins, but does theirs trigger in broken isles? or is it triggered from the book in alterac? if so then i was wrong and we cant completely rule out it triggering from the old world.
    Pretty sure their research tome thing kinda points the way towards the books, and I am also fairly certain that they have to bring the book halves themselves back to their Order hall to make the completed book.

Also while they were originally grey items, the book halves are now white and not specifically listed as vendor trash. That alone makes me discount any use the old glowing runestone item from Wrath might have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrBern View Post
    Seems curious how this went from searching for a vrykul master runecarver to finding runes in the scouting map in Acherus in Highmountain. Its interesting but I think I found something that debunks this. Many have said that the sword at the lower right hand corner of the map is Frostmourne, and that's why it is the lead to the runes of the darkening, but after a closer inspection I'm afraid its not. That sword is the symbol of the Knights of the Ebon Blade, seen in the tabards and banners, nothing else, which only points to the map being property of the Knights of the Ebon Blade, nothing else. Still there's another map in Acherus that as far as I've seen has not yet been debunked or tried. I'm talking about the map in the table close to Ozorg (that abomination that sells you your order hall set), it also has directions in a place that looks like Caer Darrow, not saying we should check Scholomance, I think someone tried already (I may be wrong though, maybe they said Stratholme not Scholomance), but still if its not in the instance it could be in the island. That place was a Necromancer school, it wouldn't be weird for the runes to be there, or for something to trigger in the presence of the swords made out of Frostmourne.
    Any possibility of the trigger being found in old world content is completely and utterly destroyed by the fact that NONE of the other 34 appearances that have been found have a trigger that is found by doing old world content.

The map by Ozorg doesn't quite match Caer Darrow anyway. In fact, I went through the entire world map (of all continents) and couldn't find any geographical formation that matches that map. It's likely just a random prop not meant to refer to any real place.

Futhark´s custom animation 02 is that standing coffin position that they had in northrend in a few areas, particularly in howling fjord and icecrown in two different "burial places" Perhaps searching for the vrykul mummies in there to see if one of them reveals itself to be him once a frost dk enters the place?

Now that I think about it, it makes more sense than I thought about originally...tonight ill be searching everything vrykul in howling fjord..
    Last edited by reploid; 2016-10-18 at 02:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reploid View Post
    Futhark´s custom animation 02 is that standing coffin position that they had in northrend in a few areas, particularly in howling fjord and icecrown in two different "burial places" Perhaps searching for the vrykul mummies in there to see if one of them reveals itself to be him once a frost dk enters the place?

Now that I think about it, it makes more sense than I thought about originally...tonight ill be searching everything vrykul in howling fjord..
    every npc of that model has the same animations

So I've mentioned this elsewhere, but wouldn't it make sense for the Rune to come from the rune-drawing minigame in Azsuna? There is the archaeology toy that unlocks more difficult runes and bosses. This seems like an easy place to stick a "master runecarver," and would explain the time-lapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Icedcoffeee View Post
    There is the archaeology toy that unlocks more difficult runes and bosses.
    I am eagerly looking forward to when this becomes available anyway. Just have to wait for that Rare arch window.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icedcoffeee View Post
    So I've mentioned this elsewhere, but wouldn't it make sense for the Rune to come from the rune-drawing minigame in Azsuna? There is the archaeology toy that unlocks more difficult runes and bosses. This seems like an easy place to stick a "master runecarver," and would explain the time-lapse.
    i haven't seen the toy, but what type of runes are they? are they like the ones we see in academy quests, or like runes that the dks use?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i haven't seen the toy, but what type of runes are they? are they like the ones we see in academy quests, or like runes that the dks use?
    They are more complicated versions of the rune-drawing quests we get in Azsuna. (What I understand from people's experience on the Beta.) In either case, I'm pretty sure the lore on rune-magic encompasses both.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, unrelatedly, the lore on rune-magic says that the drawing of the runes is based on real-world ley-lines. So, for instance, the Rune of Frost is based on a ley-line in Northrend. I've been trying to look around Suramar ley lines, but haven't found anything in particular yet. Would certainly be cool if we had to draw the actual rune of darkening to find our hidden appearance.

Deleted
    Update on some news about Futhark - check it out on the first page!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caip View Post

Has to be vrykul related, the models are too similar to be just a coincidence....
    just look through some tiersets weapons mounts etc

you will see blizzards art team loves to reuse old models and alter them as "new" reskinning is so common in wow.. just because the weapon looks like an old model is no hint at all.

but it could have to do something with the vrykul anyway.

Deleted
    I could try experimenting with these cursed coins but where exactly did u find them?

EDIT.

While looking in the "Tideskorn Harbor" area outside of Maw of Souls I found these "Cursed Coins" wowhead.com/object=252163/cursed-coins

I only Found 1 Pile of these "Curse Coins" but what they done was make me Neutral with the Vrykul in the Area for 1min.
    The "Buff you get while Neutral looks suspiciously like Remorseless Winter but Greener than Blue.
    There is only 1 Pile and it has a big respawn timer
    I found at least 4 (maybe even 5) cursed coin containers. I don't think they are related to HAA. You lose the diguise as soon as u enter combat or if u move while collecting coins the container will despawn. While u are neutral to the vrykul in the area u are not neutral to the hellhounds.
    Last edited by mmoc427bdc4f39; 2016-10-22 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirAaron View Post
    I could try experimenting with these cursed coins but where exactly did u find them?
    I found mine in the village in tideskorn harbour, looks like a small stack of coins on a box next the to questgiver's hut. But I guess they could spawn anywhere in the area. Once you click the stack the buff takes effect and lasts one minute. So I didn't have time to make it to the hostile quest giver up the cliff.

I got a feeling that it will mysteriously show up a day or two after 7.1

To summarize my opinions (or the facts) on the Red Dialogue:

The Runed Scroll is not really a viable point of entry for our HAA, since it is a quest item and there is no quest for our HAA.

The stuff regarding Special Frost things is usually about the Artifact attainment quests.

The stuff regarding Barics ritual and runes involves a Demon Hunter NPC named Baric Stormrunner. May be a legitimate lead, or may just be discarded/upcoming DH stuff. There is also an NPC on wowhead called Baric Metamorphosis, which in all likelihood means that Baric turns into a demon.

Look further into the Vrykul Ghost thing. "Summon Vrykul Ghost" has an actual trigger listed on Wowhead.

The auras which should activate around the fallen shieldmaiden or captured runecarver are interesting, but they don't seem to be involved in our HAA trigger or someone would have it by now. Might be part of the quest further down the line.

The whole Cursed Coin lead and its effect instantly made me think of the plot to the original Pirates of the Caribbean. The Cursed Coin, the Black Pearl, the Cursed Crew... still working out a thought process of how it could be related as it's been a while now since I've seen the movie, but it's very possible that it could enable you to talk to one specific NPC or even make one appear only while you have the buff/effect on you. Gonna go search for them now and see what I can find.

Deleted
    So i've read this daily and havent seen any mention of you guys trying this so thought i'd post have any of you been to Jandvik Suramar? its the only place you really get neutral and can interact? few npcs there called Runecallers but no runecarvers but hey thought it'd be worth a shot anyway?