Ovyd's Winter Wrap - gamebreaking bug

Hey all,

I wanted to bring some more exposure to a very serious bug with the mistweaver belt Ovyd's Winter Wrap - essentially this is causing people that are receiving this "bonus" healing from the enveloping mist to become permanently silenced or disabled; they can't use ANY abilities until they die or relog. This is gamebreaking as it can massively effect mythic plus runs or etc. since it can render DPS or tanks COMPLETELY useless - making this a complete liability to use.

The occurrence is quite common (roughly once every mythic plus run this 'bug' occurs) but the cause at the moment is unknown - I believe it is due to healing a full HP tank with enveloping mist with absorbs up but this isn't confirmed. This has happened on multiple classes, multiple tanks in multiple dungeons and has happened to other mistweavers too - the only common feature is the Ovyd's belt.

Has anyone had any experiences or proof of the cause? This is causing the belt to be completely unusuable

I have had this happen in a small percentage of my runs. I will ask the people who this affected if it ever happened when they were not in a group with my Mistweaver.

Deleted
    I've had this belt for two weeks now and haven't experienced this at all, and I've done a lot of dungeons in that time.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaand today it happened three times in one mythic. I stopped using EM after that and it didn't happen again (didn't have another belt to put on).
    Last edited by mmoc6d850ae23e; 2016-10-16 at 02:33 PM.

Happened to me twice in one mythic+ then not once more all throughout a full heroic raid, a heroic dungeon, and five mythic+ dungeons. Two enhancement shamans who were affected by it couldn't do anything but move and autoattack; had to relog to fix it. Report this as a bug if you're experiencing it guys! It's very gamebreaking for m+ dungeons.

Can confirm the same. I got the belt right before logging off on Sunday, and then did a couple of dungeons with it last night.

Nothing happened during the first dungeon, but in the second it bugged two different people in the space of 1-2 minutes.

No idea if anything specific triggered the bug unfortunately. :|

Deleted
    Is there any correlation between the dungeon and it happening more? It happened in Arcway for me, three times in the space of a few minutes (to enhancement shaman, rogue and ret pala). After that I pretty much stopped using EM wherever possible, although I did have to use it a few times but tried not to use it where it would overheal and spread the buff. It hadn't happened anywhere else.

It did happen to someone in the raid last night but I wasn't there. There was a MW without the belt, though.

I've noticed it a lot myself. It doesn't always happen though but when it happens it's usually with someone using ElvUI which at first made me think it was this addon. Someone in my guild also stated that this problem was caused by an outdated version of this addon.

Also, why is it only affecting dungeons and not raids? Had plenty of players that had this buff during LFR, normal and heroic difficulty Emerald Nightmare raids but no one ever had this problem.

I'm not denying the fact that the belt could be the cause of this. I'm simply saying that I find it odd that it's happening in heroic/mythic dungeons only and never during raids.

On a side note: I've had the buff on myself plenty of times and this particular problem never happened to me.
    Could it perhaps be a combination of certain addons that get fudged when the buff is applied to players?
    As I already mentioned, it's usually someone with ElvUI. Every person I've encountered that had this bug confirmed they had ElvUI.
    I've done a lot of different dungeons and mythic+ with the same players and it never happened to those that are not using this addon.
    Last edited by Ricje; 2016-10-19 at 03:38 AM.

Deleted
    None of the dps in the run it happened to with me use ElvUI. I just asked them all. One runs almost default UI, only Weak Auras. I'm doing a heroic raid tonight so will be interested to see if it happens there!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricje View Post
    On a side note: I've had the buff on myself plenty of times and this particular problem never happened to me.
    Could it perhaps be a combination of certain addons that get fudged when the buff is applied to players?
    As I already mentioned, it's usually someone with ElvUI. Every person I've encountered that had this bug confirmed they had ElvUI.
    I've done a lot of different dungeons and mythic+ with the same players and it never happened to those that are not using this addon.
    One of the mistweavers in my guild has the item, too. I had the problem once when running an instance with him (as a WW), and I don't use ElvUI. It really just seems a bug ingame, triggered by some very rare circumstances, thus it doesn't happen really often.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

I play a mistweaver. And have Ovyd's belt aswell. I've noticed a few people I've done content with have had this issue when playing with me, but I never experienced it myself, until this week, where it has happend 2 times to me.

First I recall I did Mythic arcway, and at the last boss, our Deathknight couldn't use any of his abilities. Reload didn't fix the issue either. And after I've read this thread I remember having done 5man content with several people who have complained about the same. I've always just shrugged it off.

I then did a mythic+ run a few days ago, and I couldn't cast any of my heals for some reason. I restarted and everything was fine. Again I just shrugged it off, as prolly an addon having glitched. I raided last night, and just before the boss died, I got the glitch myself and couldn't cast any heals, or use any abilities. The boss died, and I got ressed, and i had the same issue. Relogged and everything was fine.

Now, I don't necessarily think it's Ovid's belt, or even the Mistweaver. As I've thought about it, I've heard alot of people complain about not being able to use abilities. Maybe it's an addon? And I don't use ElvenUI as suggested being the cause earlier
    Last edited by erlster; 2016-10-20 at 10:40 AM.