We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ...
    and yet you have 5 w/ 85+ played.
    How can you play for more than 10 hours a day every day for half a year without doing m+ or heroic/mythic raiding, just occasional normal raiding? That's impressive!

I have 6 legendaries on my main.
    Zero have come from WQ Emissary Cache.

I am convinced that they simply dont exist.
    A droprate in the approximate region of 1% on live server seems to fit. (assuming the drop chance for Legendary 3+ on Feb~15'th or later)
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-03-20 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootyraider View Post
    Maybe I missed it - So out of the (7?) million subs / accounts out there, how many accounts / players have at least 1 legendary item? (all servers / all players)
    It's a pointless statistic, because you don't know how much content they've done. I have one legendary across three 110s, but I haven't really played that much (two of them are < 1 day played), so who cares that I only have one legendary?

Quote Originally Posted by Azlo View Post
    You win Blizzard. 6th garbage legendary dropped and finally quit the game.

I've carried a hundred LFR's, normals and heroics raids for people that really didn't deserve the loot. This includes making your new content (NH) "fun" for players that really didn't deserve to be there. I hated it every step of the way and knew that I was doing it because I wanted the shiny orange.

A couple weeks ago while I was being berated in a normal for not flasking (even though I was doing 2x the damage of the #2 dps), I finally realized that this is ridiculous. Lo and behold, another garbage legendary. 4 left, 3-4 weeks for each one. 3-4 months to end this grind before I can actually have fun in the game (and outside the game).

No thanks. Cheers to everyone and good luck on your drops.
    Oh man how i will ever clear LFR without you now!

/s

P.S: i have 6 level 100, all with 1 legendary and never got a prydaz or utility one, so i can clear my beloved LFR faster.

Working on #9 atm (note the difference between #6 and #7 was 2 days the rest is around 3-4 weeks usually)

I have been doing:
    All emissaries
    All Mythic +0 and Karazhan clears
    All LFR clears
    Raiding has been as much as possible without spending time i don't have on normal/heroic/mythic (average progression guild) runs.
    M+ i was doing a little bit extra at the start but lately have been doing the bare minimum to get a 15 weekly chest.

For more detailed information in order to get the data you can check my armory and wow progress. Character [email protected] EU
    Last edited by Pyrophobia; 2017-03-20 at 03:33 PM.

What's your opinion on mythic+?
    Do you think a +5/3 chest is better than a +15/1 chest on leg progress?

I have opened almost about 1000 Emissary caches on Fresh and Existing Characters and the results are mixed.

The alt I raided with only got its first Legendary in my latest unboxing.
    Where some of my alts that haven't even done heroic dungeons or anything besides Emissary caches are sitting on 2 - 4.

This is all on my channel.

Not sure what to make of my results. You can theory craft with it as evidence or w/e

1 of my characters got back to back Legendaries and the other within 3 caches.

I question the 1000 caches statement a bit but you might be close if have leveled many toons to 110 and doing dailies on all of them. Crazy but possible if you never had to focus on grinding legendaries on a main.

I'm at 8 legendaries atm and still missing wrists and trink as a fire mage. All other legendaries are the general ones and all the other fire ones and i stopped caring a while ago especially since i'll need to get some decent ones for frost for ToS too....

Anyone knows if EN and ToV bosses still increase the chance of getting legendaries at the same rate as before Nighthold, or have they been nerfed?

nobody knows anything stop asking

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post
    I question the 1000 caches statement a bit but you might be close if have leveled many toons to 110 and doing dailies on all of them. Crazy but possible if you never had to focus on grinding legendaries on a main.
    By "almost". I meant with footage. I have opened well over 1k caches in total.

My videos are proof (^^_)

I have 6 Legendaries on Main as well and 27 in Total.
    Last edited by Sanguinezor; 2017-03-21 at 06:04 PM.

Working on #9 atm (note the difference between #6 and #7 was 2 days the rest is around 3-4 weeks usually)

I have been doing:
    All emissaries
    All Mythic +0 and Karazhan clears
    All LFR clears
    Raiding has been as much as possible without spending time i don't have on normal/heroic/mythic (average progression guild) runs.
    M+ i was doing a little bit extra at the start but lately have been doing the bare minimum to get a 15 weekly chest.

For more detailed information in order to get the data you can check my armory and wow progress. Character [email protected] EU
    Now #9 dropped (not the one i wanted lol) played time on this level 70 days 22h
    I believe the Nightfallen World Quest adds a nice amount of points to the chances to get one. Also i am not sure if blizzard have buffed the drop rates rescently.
    Last edited by Pyrophobia; 2017-03-22 at 08:15 AM.

I believe the Nightfallen World Quest adds a nice amount of points to the chances to get one. .
    why do you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by coño View Post
    why do you think that?
    Thalryssa gave me my last two as well and it clearly has a different loot table (torn invitation). Anecdotes are anecdotal however , and it's probably more likely to be due to the emissary having a second chest (army training) than anything else, if anything else.

Update March 23:

Some basic drop rates for the last week:

Full spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

The method used to track mythic/M+ dungeon drop rates here is to check if a legendary is looted within 60sec after killing the last boss of a mythic dungeon. This number includes any normal mythic and M+ last boss kills, so it's just an average, but I'd guess that a good part of these are 3 chest runs. Based on this I'd say that mythic+ is still a good source for legendaries, at least if 3 chest.

Also now there has been 5 weeks since the blue post about legendary drop rate changes, so I've little more data to see how these changes have affected the KP statistics. However keep in mind that these calculations have been done with a relatively small sample size, and the KP weights used are not accurate anymore either, but I've used these same weights and similar methods as in the last calculations to make it easier to compare the numbers. So this is still just a very rough estimation:

Conclusions:
    - Average KP between legendaries (after having at least 2) in the last 5 week seem to be around 600-700 KP. There may be an error margin of 100-200 KP though, depending on calculation method and the type of content used.
    - The Bad Luck Protection does not seem to have much effect at all in the first 300-400 KP (or roughly 100 kills), but after that it starts to rise fast, the effect is more noticeable than in the earlier calculations.

These stats are still based on those few 1000 characters which I started tracking in october. I've also almost finished a new code that can track more characters more efficiently, but patch 7.2 is coming very soon and it looks like it will have some major changes to drop rates again, possibly making the bad luck protection much more complicated.
    Last edited by impending doom; 2017-03-23 at 06:56 AM.

How can you tell how many Emissary caches I opened?

I notice that I drop a Legendary once a month... between day 7 and day 15 of each month. The only exception was when I dropped 2 Legendary at the very same day, in that case the next legendary was 2 month later, insted of one.
    Argus in 2018