Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ...
    Do we have any estimates yet on what 7.2 did to legendary drop rate? Did the baseline drop rate go up? You would have to assume that the rate at which people are accruing BLP has increased, given that we now have the 100 Legionfall Supply turn in caches that people are getting 1-2 of a day that have a chance to drop legendaries, plus people getting extra rep caches from the paragon rep system. If Blizzard didn't tune down BLP to compensate for those extra sources, you would have to assume legendaries are dropping significantly more frequently now?

it seems more frequent - if you play.

I was in a M zero yesterday and two people got a legendary. In nearly every raid someone get one too.

What would be a good strategy regarding those legendary-dropping tokens? I'm feeling like I should get second legendary very soon. Of course I want to target a specific legendary. Should I stop any activity and just farm those tokens until I'll get drop and then continue my normal play? Or it's an independent drop?

This tool only tracks raids and dungeons, right?
    But BLP is also affected by broken shore (relinquished) tokens (no confirmation on dauntless yet), chests you open on the broken isles, rare mobs and mini bosses (skull mobs), and World Bosses ofc. Afaik this tool can only track raids, dungeons and world bosses, right? So we can never have accurate information regarding our "killpoints" when it comes to all the other activities.

I have around that as well, and i only got my BiS last week, i still don't have something remotely closet o my 2nd BiS yet. Got all the utilities, one fore fire(db head) and the BiS gloves for frost. 8 in total, where one is usefull

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why is https://rsuurd.github.io/killpoints/ broken? It doesn't show how close you are to legendary anymore.
    I have removed the prediction code because the droprates have changed so much over the last few patches. Also, you can craft legendaries now and each spec has it's own rate of Bad Luck Protection(tm), so the predictions would be even more inaccurate so i felt like there was no reason to keep it on the site.

If there was any specific advice for content to be run by me right now in 7.2 what is the best advice someone can give? My rogue, who got 1 legendary 41 days ago, has done NH every week in at least one difficulty, at least 5+ mythic dungeons each week. I usually complete the weekly cache quest, but haven't done much with the emissaries since this is my alt. Chain runs of mythic+ dungeons? Praying more? =p

Quote Originally Posted by Heywoods View Post
    If there was any specific advice for content to be run by me right now in 7.2 what is the best advice someone can give? My rogue, who got 1 legendary 41 days ago, has done NH every week in at least one difficulty, at least 5+ mythic dungeons each week. I usually complete the weekly cache quest, but haven't done much with the emissaries since this is my alt. Chain runs of mythic+ dungeons? Praying more? =p
    Do emissaries every day regardless. They seem to have a highly elevated chance of legendary drops. So does the paragon rep caches and the caches you turn for 100 Legionfall Supplies. I have gotten 4 legendaries since 7.2 (up to 12 in total) and 3 of the 4 have come from those caches. Mythic+ seems to be a waste of time if you want either AP or legendaries; I have done like 400 of them since Legion's launch and have gotten 0/12 legendaries from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heywoods View Post
    Weekly do:

-All Emissary caches
    -Clear a 10+ Mythic plus dungeon
    -LFR clear - EN, ToV, NH
    - Normal clear - EN, ToV, NH
    - Heroic clear of EN, ToV, NH

Do these things and you'll get a legendary every 2-3 week.

I have got one legendary in the first boss of a normal LFD Heroic of the day run, after having spent like 3 weeks without logging. I literally came back from vacations, logged, queue for the heroic, and the first boss game me the legendary, that was my first kill or reward from activity. Therefore, I consider there's a BLP that includes total time spent without getting one legendary and naturally, I think it's hard to compute this with the statistics, unless you also include activity time.
    Also, regarding M+, both my main and my only alt have got one legendary each from (oddly, both BRH) from a M+ run. My druid, actually, from a run that failed to meet the time requirement. So, yes, M+ does give and count for legendary drop and BLP.
    PS: Almost forgot. I have seen a number of people getting legendaries from The cache you get from turning 100 legion fall resources (the table), and my last legendary came from this source.
    PS2: I have a guildie that got one legendary from a Dauntless Trinket. The dauntless trinket was looted from a normal mob, he clicked on it and KJBW came as a loot instead of a 850ish trinket. That actually means the legendary was "created" by the spell you cast when you click on the dauntless token.
    Last edited by Felgong; 2017-04-22 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawken View Post
    You're wrong. With a big enough dataset you can determine drop chances in mythic, mythic+, heroics, WQ caches and other places. This may help people who are trying to farm for a legendary.
    Hi, I read a bunch of useless statistical work someone did on a game, and it made a Legendary drop for me! How, you might ask? Well I ran a Mythic+ dungeon, and on the following Tuesday, there was a Legendary item in the chest. See? quoteunquoteFARMING!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Weekly do:

-All Emissary caches
    -Clear a 10+ Mythic plus dungeon
    -LFR clear - EN, ToV, NH
    - Normal clear - EN, ToV, NH
    - Heroic clear of EN, ToV, NH

Do these things and you'll get a legendary every 2-3 week.
    Don't forget Blingatron! It wouldn't be proper farming(tm) without Blingatron everyday...

I'm testing a hypothesis that bad luck protection is built on all specs at the same time.
    I've been very reliably getting a legendary every ~15-17 days by clearing all LFR/Normal/Heroic and SOME Mythic content (most EN Mythic and 4 Nighthold), as well as some sporadic M+ (the M10 for sure) and never skipping an Emissary cache.

Well, this week I got Frost Mage bracers on wednesday, promptly switched my loot spec to FIRE, within 24 hours I was graced with Fire Mage bracers, then swapped loot spec to ARCANE and again, within 24 hours, was again graced with Arcane Mage bracers.

A mage in the guild did the same thing and was able to get back to back fire and frost legendaries (but he hasn't really played since, he doesnt play a lot, period).

Mind you, my legendaries all essentially came from Broken Shore Legionfall Supply Turn-in caches (one came from a world chest in the broken shore, the other two came from Recompense of the Broken Shore -- the turn-in bags you get)

Yes, totally useless and anecdotal and even if the other mage and 5 more people in guild had got it to work, it would still not be statistically significant... BUT, we've known ever since that Developer Q&A that bad luck protection was going to be much more spec specific, but they never clarified specifically how it would be built between specs, or how it would be 'spent' when you got an item (and I asked this specifically - Lore even said he'd get back to us with the answer, and he never did).

...so I wonder if you can really 'Cascade' your bad luck protection like this and get legendaries for all your specs once you know you are 'due', which, as a few people on this thread have pointed out, is essentially every ~20 days if you do all emissary caches, all LFRs, and all Normal/Heroic raids.

I would be interested in knowing how other people fare by trying this out. If it turned out to work this way, it would be a phenomenal way to get shared legendaries out of the way of your 'main' spec by trying to force them to roll on your other specs. It would also be a great way to get all those legendaries for your offspecs.

Maybe I just got lucky, but, since they did iterate/change on these things, and mentioned it... I'm hoping I struck on something by accident.
    Last edited by Eyliria; 2017-04-24 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyliria View Post
    I'm testing a hypothesis that bad luck protection is built on all specs at the same time.
    I've been very reliably getting a legendary every ~15-17 days by clearing all LFR/Normal/Heroic and SOME Mythic content (most EN Mythic and 4 Nighthold), as well as some sporadic M+ (the M10 for sure) and never skipping an Emissary cache.

Well, this week I got Frost Mage bracers on wednesday, promptly switched my loot spec to FIRE, within 24 hours I was graced with Fire Mage bracers, then swapped loot spec to ARCANE and again, within 24 hours, was again graced with Arcane Mage bracers.

A mage in the guild did the same thing and was able to get back to back fire and frost legendaries (but he hasn't really played since, he doesnt play a lot, period).

Mind you, my legendaries all essentially came from Broken Shore Legionfall Supply Turn-in caches (one came from a world chest in the broken shore, the other two came from Recompense of the Broken Shore -- the turn-in bags you get)

Yes, totally useless and anecdotal and even if the other mage and 5 more people in guild had got it to work, it would still not be statistically significant... BUT, we've known ever since that Developer Q&A that bad luck protection was going to be much more spec specific, but they never clarified specifically how it would be built between specs, or how it would be 'spent' when you got an item (and I asked this specifically - Lore even said he'd get back to us with the answer, and he never did).

...so I wonder if you can really 'Cascade' your bad luck protection like this and get legendaries for all your specs once you know you are 'due', which, as a few people on this thread have pointed out, is essentially every ~20 days if you do all emissary caches, all LFRs, and all Normal/Heroic raids.

I would be interested in knowing how other people fare by trying this out. If it turned out to work this way, it would be a phenomenal way to get shared legendaries out of the way of your 'main' spec by trying to force them to roll on your other specs. It would also be a great way to get all those legendaries for your offspecs.

Maybe I just got lucky, but, since they did iterate/change on these things, and mentioned it... I'm hoping I struck on something by accident.
    Ive been switching back to forth from fire to frost on my mage, but ive never gotten two legendaries within 2 weeks.
    All my legendaries are shared legendaries maybe thats why...

i have chest, 2 rings, trinket and boots =(

For people wondering about relinquised and legendaries, today a guildie got a trinket legendary from a Relinquised Trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by danieltang34 View Post
    Ive been switching back to forth from fire to frost on my mage, but ive never gotten two legendaries within 2 weeks.
    All my legendaries are shared legendaries maybe thats why...

i have chest, 2 rings, trinket and boots =(
    That would be a double kick to the crotch if not only did shared legendaries count towards all specs (we know they do), but they also reset BLP on all specs when they dropped (because they count for all specs).

I currently have 9/10 holy legendaries (missing shoulders). It's been 8 weeks since my last legendary (full time holy loot specilization). I do all LFR/normal/HC/Mythic each week, emissaries, and some M+. I have 15k KillPoints. I've made two tickets asking about it in the last 2 weeks and Blizzard told me both times 'we've looked into your char and everything's fine'. I can't help but feeling my character is bugged in some way, but could be I'm just incredibly unlucky.

I do:

-all Emissarys
    -all Mythic +0
    -LFR EN, ToV, NH
    -Normal EN, ToV, NH
    -Heroic EN, ToV, NH
    -Mythic EN, ToV, NH
    And the most important thing Broken shore Emissarys and 50 Netherportals a day (cap) if the Netherdisrupter is up.

i get sofar 1 leggo all 6-7 days