Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Am I the only one who thinks blizzard really needs to take a look at dungeons and the

Mythic + affixes?

Some of the affixes for different dungeons are ridiculously unbalanced in my opinion. here's some that I've noted personally that I will never attempt anymore.

Eye of Aszhara level 10 with tyranical. The last boss here is crazy stupid.. you need one of the top tier 2 tanks for survivability .. a healer who can pull 400k hps for the whole fight, and 3 dps pulling 320k+ sustained the whole fight to kill it (with 10% less than this ... full 300k dps team, 380k hps druid and monk tank) we could get it to 2% best try max.. and theres absolutely no hope without heroism so you have to wait 10 minutes per pull to try again it's pathetic..

Vault of the wardens Necrotic/volcanic 8+ the first boss in tank form with necrotic is stupidly unbalanced also.. unless you have anyone who can taunt and run you're fucked same goes for the second boss.. really the adds apply necrotic?? you get like 15 stacks a hit on the tank with some prisons and volcanic? that's another reason that made me wanna post with all the spell effects and stuff why on earth did they make volanic so pathetically small and non visible? look at me in this screenshot with my cds on https://gyazo.com/52665ffe82005ad56c18972f8b98a9b7 how on earth are you supposed to see these constantly... yes you can cheese it by stacking in melee and completely ignore the mechanic but its based on distance from mobs so yet again on the second boss the fire spawns on melee ...

arcway mythic 7+ any affix at this point dieing on the second to last boss when you have the withered guy at the end in that room from rng such as a ghost coming through the wall and wiping you or having necrotic on... this just becomes another joke.. a wipe is at least 4 minutes gone from your run just because you have to run all the way back from something that is literally out of your control sometimes.

Blackrook hold 10+ tyranical 3rd boss Again what the fuck is that debuff the boss is applying.. like come on having highly specific setups just for 1 random affix is stupid in my opinion and completely narrows any attempt of a wide range of groups you can take.
    in my opinion necrotic is by far the worse balanced affix and does need a nerf,
    what are your thoughts and pet peeves on some of the affixes in mythic+?
    Last edited by mmoc0e3e295a69; 2016-10-14 at 05:35 PM.

git gud lul

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-10-14 at 08:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    git gud lul
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...304113/latest/

I'm sure blizzard is looking at these things. mythic + is a new idea and we haven't even seen all the affix combos yet. blizzard is probably getting a ton of feedback from players and from observations.

I'm sure fine tuning will come. because yes necrotic is very deadly on certain trash pulls and needs to tuned better.

lol, want to play that game? Try doing it on every boss, lil player

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    lol, want to play that game? Try doing it on every boss, lil player
    Your guild recruitment says you recruit mature players yet you talk like a 14 year old pleb who thinks this is twitch chat, french toxicity has no limits

Infracted - Djriff
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-10-15 at 02:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    mythic+ level 10 is tuned around having much better gear than just entry raid stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    mythic+ level 10 is tuned around having much better gear than just entry raid stuff
    But why is content tuned around higher gear than it rewards? I'd understand if a majority of the gear was upgrades from the dungeons but you would need some serious rng from upgrades if the recommended ilvl is realistically 870-875 to clear it with tyranical

like my point is the tuning is out of place on certain bosses and combinations with affixes not the level itself, just don't see the balance in clearing a whole mythic +10 in 1 hour to have to be hard walled by 1 boss because it's scaling with an affix is incredibly more difficult than the rest of the dungeon, waiting 10 minutes per pull is stupid

Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    Your guild recruitment says you recruit mature players yet you talk like a 14 year old pleb who thinks this is twitch chat, french toxicity has no limits
    til my guild is recruiting, i wonder which of my alt you found

you wanted to play that game but now you dont?

One mythic kill is nothing to brag about, imo at least.

I agree though that some of the combos seem to be very unforgiving. My group did vault +11 last night and it was a clown fiesta. Some of the affixes just don't mesh well with some of the trash/bosses in some dungeons.

Remember M+ was made with the intent that you will hit a wall and fail. Wait until NH where three chesting an 7-9 will become more common.

Don't get me wrong the system isn't perfect and I assume tuning will happen but in it's current state they're far from unbalanced.

Although I agree with you that some of the affixes are total shit with some of the dungeons (Namely HoA with bolstering) I do think it's intended, we're at a point where a select group is finally finishing up Mythic EN and Mythic 10+ drops comparable gear so they are trying to keep it at a slow pace. Imagine yourself in about a month where mythic 10+ seems like a joke because you are finally geared to clear the content easily, a lot of people are trying to out pace the dungeons but the game as a whole doesn't intend for people to do that. It's basically like trying to clear heroic EN with 820 gear, it is possible but it'll be really really hard and you will have a lot of time sunk into completing it.

Deleted
    Vault of the wardens Necrotic/volcanic 8+ the first boss in tank form with necrotic is stupidly unbalanced also.. unless you have anyone who can taunt and run you're fucked same goes for the second boss.. really the adds apply necrotic?? you get like 15 stacks a hit on the tank with some prisons and volcanic? that's another reason that made me wanna post with all the spell effects and stuff why on earth did they make volanic so pathetically small and non visible? look at me in this screenshot with my cds on https://gyazo.com/52665ffe82005ad56c18972f8b98a9b7 how on earth are you supposed to see these constantly... yes you can cheese it by stacking in melee and completely ignore the mechanic but its based on distance from mobs so yet again on the second boss the fire spawns on melee ...
    Get a UI that is not covering like 70% of your screen? Plus pro tip for everyone dying from standing in shit - dont cover your character with shit so you dont even see what is under your feet...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blgns View Post
    Get a UI that is not covering like 70% of your screen? Plus pro tip for everyone dying from standing in shit - dont cover your character with shit so you dont even see what is under your feet...
    The ui is squished because it's a screenshot not a full resolution, heres the full screen appearance that i have http://i.imgur.com/pczinbb.jpg

http://imgur.com/MaUjnlB here's a bonus with cds, its almost impossible to see the fire when im like this .. must suck for people with low graphics settings
    Last edited by mmoc0e3e295a69; 2016-10-14 at 06:54 PM.

Why do you even bother to post if you have nothing to contribute outside of berating someone? Have you heard of personal preference? Post your UI so we can see how superior it is, probably a bunch of garbage shit on there too. Swear to god some of you people are so fucking angry for no reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    The current design of dungeons is one of the few things that gets me to lean towards buying Legion. Far from enough thus far though. I was also one of the people that loved the challenge of the early Cata dungeons.

Eye of Aszhara level 10 with tyranical. The last boss here is crazy stupid.. you need one of the top tier 2 tanks for survivability .. a healer who can pull 400k hps for the whole fight, and 3 dps pulling 320k+ sustained the whole fight to kill it (with 10% less than this ... full 300k dps team, 380k hps druid and monk tank) we could get it to 2% best try max.. and theres absolutely no hope without heroism so you have to wait 10 minutes per pull to try again it's pathetic..
    Did EoA +11 with Tyrannical with an average item level of 867, which is easily reachable through only Mythic+ dungeons. The boss starts in execute range for any class that has an execute mechanic, which means 300k+ dps isn't incredibly difficult to sustain. Most groups incorrectly use Heroism on the pull. This pushes the boss from 20-10% very quickly with cooldowns and Heroism. This leaves the group with nothing to push 10%-0%, which is the hardest part of the fight.

In reality 20-10% is the least damaging phase and should be pushed safely/slowly. Then use Heroism/CDs for the 10%-0% burn and the fight is much more manageable. It also doesn't require much more than 300k HPS using this strat, which is easily manageable by most healers for this fight duration (~2:30-3:00).

Vault of the wardens Necrotic/volcanic 8+ the first boss in tank form with necrotic is stupidly unbalanced also.. unless you have anyone who can taunt and run you're fucked same goes for the second boss.. really the adds apply necrotic?? you get like 15 stacks a hit on the tank with some prisons and volcanic?
    Don't instantly interrupt the Furious Blast Cast above 50% and stun the adds when she casts. That is the easiest time to reset. Sub 50% the non-metamorphosis form doesn't summon adds and you can reset stacks on the eye beam cast. You can reset stacks on the metamorphasis form by kiting when he casts the dark strikes (easy for all tanks but DK). The adds that the metamorphosis form don't need to be tanked and/or can be stunned.

that's another reason that made me wanna post with all the spell effects and stuff why on earth did they make volanic so pathetically small and non visible? look at me in this screenshot with my cds on https://gyazo.com/52665ffe82005ad56c18972f8b98a9b7 how on earth are you supposed to see these constantly... yes you can cheese it by stacking in melee and completely ignore the mechanic but its based on distance from mobs so yet again on the second boss the fire spawns on melee ...
    Don't have your camera in a wall? They're honestly not very hard to see. Volcanic just becomes stare at your feet instead of at the boss or your bars. While not the best option, you can also play around with UI settings for particles to get better visibility.

Blackrook hold 10+ tyranical 3rd boss Again what the fuck is that debuff the boss is applying.. like come on having highly specific setups just for 1 random affix is stupid in my opinion and completely narrows any attempt of a wide range of groups you can take.
    Did a +10/11 BRH tyrannical with the same composition mentioned above. The boss is very easy to handle (although you should hero on this boss over the 4th). To reset necrotic, tank the boss on one side of the room and when he charges a ranged on the other side you can drop stacks.

in my opinion necrotic is by far the worse balanced affix and does need a nerf,
    what are your thoughts and pet peeves on some of the affixes in mythic+?
    The only change that I would like to see with necrotic is the stacks dropping quickly out of combat. It isn't particularly fun to have to wait 8-10 seconds between every pull to let your 20+ necrotic stacks fall off. Necrotic is probably the hardest affix at the +7 level, but I'd rather see Blizzard tune up some of the other affixes than nerf Necrotic.

I also agree with your complaint regarding Arcway respawn location (variability in Mythic+ dungeons overall. See also 1st/2nd boss in Vault). Arcway's problem could be fixed by having a set pathway on Mythic+ difficulties (left path is the best). This would allow blizzard to set respawn points after each boss or every 2 bosses and shorten the run back time. With the variability in pathways, Blizzard can't set respawn points.

Most of the complaints people are having simply come from being unfamiliar with the dungeons. If you didn't do a lot of Beta testing for each affix, it feels like you're learning a whole new dungeon each week. This is where a majority of the complaints come from. Furthermore, nobody is writing easy to follow guides on a lot of the skips/affixes/etc. that speed up the learning process. In 1-2 months when the rotation on the affixes has returned to something people are familiar with it will be much easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerSlug View Post
    Why do you even bother to post if you have nothing to contribute outside of berating someone? Have you heard of personal preference? Post your UI so we can see how superior it is, probably a bunch of garbage shit on there too. Swear to god some of you people are so fucking angry for no reason.
    I literally posted something that solves his problem. Also... when your personal prefernce is main reason of your problem then you should change it or stop whining.

Why do you even bother to post if you have nothing to contribute outside of berating someone? <...> Swear to god some of you people are so fucking angry for no reason.
    I hope you see the irony...

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Emancptr;42803085]Did EoA +11 with Tyrannical with an average item level of 867, which is easily reachable through only Mythic+ dungeons. The boss starts in execute range for any class that has an execute mechanic, which means 300k+ dps isn't incredibly difficult to sustain. Most groups incorrectly use Heroism on the pull. This pushes the boss from 20-10% very quickly with cooldowns and Heroism. This leaves the group with nothing to push 10%-0%, which is the hardest part of the fight.

We had me fire mage, hunter and a dps monk and a resto druid I think the massive part of the problem was our tank being a monk (was great cheese wise for the first 3 bosses) but the healer could not for the love of god keep us and him alive with 380k hps we actually were using hero around 7-8% and I was blocking any of the aoe slams that should be soaked, we were even double pre potting just couldn't do it.. maybe setup is key

I literally posted something that solves his problem. Also... when your personal prefernce is main reason of your problem then you should change it or stop whining.

I hope you see the irony...

Yesss yess, really solved his problem, when big surprise, he had a different resolution for the picture. Nothing constructive came out of your suggestion other than saying he's retarded for having a bunch of stuff on his screen.

Yesss yess, really solved his problem, when big surprise, he had a different resolution for the picture. Nothing constructive came out of your suggestion other than saying he's retarded for having a bunch of stuff on his screen.
    It's not the resolution of the picture it's the fact that he has huge icons covering a good portion of his screen. Or do you think that the resolution makes the screen size smaller but leaves the icons the same size so in the screenshot they cover more?