Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I ignored all the sidequests while doing the HW MSQ and there were only a few times I needed XP. I was using the levelling roulette some, but not constantly. These days, if you need XP, you can just do POTD a little to fill in the gaps if you don't wanna bother with the sidequests.
    I want to say at some point they may have went back and bumped up the xp from the MSQ for HW, but I may be getting that mixed in/misremembered with all of the things they did do to help people level up (buffed xp from HW fates, level 50 and MS roulette giving some xp upon completion). Not to mention PotD, which helps speed up leveling tremendously. Eventually I'll finish NIN and MCH in there once I'm done building MNK anima.

As for Stormblood...JP Fanfest starts right at 2 weeks from now. Looking forward to see what they announce.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I want to say at some point they may have went back and bumped up the xp from the MSQ for HW, but I may be getting that mixed in/misremembered with all of the things they did do to help people level up (buffed xp from HW fates, level 50 and MS roulette giving some xp upon completion). Not to mention PotD, which helps speed up leveling tremendously. Eventually I'll finish NIN and MCH in there once I'm done building MNK anima.

As for Stormblood...JP Fanfest starts right at 2 weeks from now. Looking forward to see what they announce.
    There is the Armory bonus, though AFAIK HW FATEs blow for XP, more people grind North Than than do them.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    There is the Armory bonus, though AFAIK HW FATEs blow for XP, more people grind North Than than do them.
    They mostly blow because the time it takes to finish them, because there's never very many people doing them, doesn't make them worth it. Northern Thanalan has lower xp per FATE than HW zones (by a lot actually), but they get done so much faster because there's always people there that the xp/ hour is just better.

If you can find the rare active full HW FATE farming parties, your xp/ hour will blow Northern Than out of the water.

Pretty sure they did, i did every quest as NIN and still hit lvl.69 in Idyshires zone and had to do a couple of great gubal libraries to hit cap and continue the story at launch.

Yup; for a while I felt the magic went out the window as of Cata (and I still think it did to some extent), but then WoD happened and...well, to continue on that path would consist of game bashing, so I'll leave it at that.

Depending on where you left off at level 50, you may have a ways to go before you reach HW content.

On that note, do you have HW? If not, I'd go ahead and pick it up. That way, the remaining level 50 MSQ will give you a decent amount of xp. May not be as big a factor now as it was at HW launch, though (I recall doing literally every side quest in HW and I still had to spam run dungeons to reach 60).
    I do have HW, I actually picked it up when it came out and got the digital collector's edition.

This may seem silly considering I have a pretty good pc but what do I need to play this on ps4? Do I need ps+ and a sub or do I just need to buy a ps4 copy of FF14 and use my regular login stuff? Would I need to buy Heavensward again..? I'm having this issue where after I stay logged in for a while I get this error that throws me out of the game and apparently its linked to AMD cards (I have an r9 fury).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifuger View Post
    I do have HW, I actually picked it up when it came out and got the digital collector's edition.

This may seem silly considering I have a pretty good pc but what do I need to play this on ps4? Do I need ps+ and a sub or do I just need to buy a ps4 copy of FF14 and use my regular login stuff? Would I need to buy Heavensward again..? I'm having this issue where after I stay logged in for a while I get this error that throws me out of the game and apparently its linked to AMD cards (I have an r9 fury).
    No you don't need a PS Plus sub. You will however need to buy ARR and Heavensward again for PS4 so get the Online bundle.

For PS4 you just buy a PS4 copy. The game has different licenses per hardware you add to the same service account but the sub covers all versions you own. I upgraded to PS4 and it ended up running better than on my pc so stuck with that for the duration, plus i much prefer the controller over keyboard and mouse when you get used to all the button combos and things like "left and right tab targets enemies, up and down does it for party members". Its definitely how i will be buying Stormblood this summer.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    That trailer was SICK, too bad the gameplay in FFXIV is not that fast :x But I heard something about the combat system being reworked, any word about that or is it going to stay slow paced?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    That trailer was SICK, too bad the gameplay in FFXIV is not that fast :x But I heard something about the combat system being reworked, any word about that or is it going to stay slow paced?
    What level did you get too it does speed up and the slightly slower speeds basically needed by the end

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    What level did you get too it does speed up and the slightly slower speeds basically needed by the end
    I think I got to like 30.. I think!

I think I got to like 30.. I think!
    Yeah it's really slow then. Also what class were you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've lvled monk, rogue thingy and the archer thingy.

Take MNK on up, when you're sporting 3 stacks of Greased Lightning it's playing a lot faster than the other classes tend to. Also, if you wanna keep your hands busy, try DRG, their rotations are pretty demanding at endgame.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've lvled monk, rogue thingy and the archer thingy.
    Yeeah ninja at 35 or 40 gets a Gcd reduction spell..in fact you can reach a point you will be TP starved from attacking so much

Based on your reply and what others mentioned, you've almost topped the hill when it comes to reaching the point where gameplay picks up, pace-wise. Most classes from 35 onward get abilities and passives that make gameplay much more engaging.

On the subject of combat revamp, speculation is that it'll focus on removing unnecessary buttons/abilities either by outright removal or by combining the effect into a passive or with another active ability. No guarantee that they unveil more of what they are doing at the next Fanfest, but you never know.

- - - Updated - - -

As noted, you'll have to buy a separate copy of the game specifically for your PS4.

Regarding the video card issue, I've not seen any report of such an issue in recent memory, but I'm on a GTX 970. Not only that, but there's been a lot of cases of random disconnects and 90k/2002 errors going on for the past week, which is why there is maintenance starting about 14 hours from the time I'm posting here.

10+ Year Old Account

A bit late but, you could try updating the driver, they did a massive update just last week. I'm using an R9 290 atm and afk quite a bit and haven't gotten an error. Granted different architecture and all but might as well give it a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    A bit late but, you could try updating the driver, they did a massive update just last week. I'm using an R9 290 atm and afk quite a bit and haven't gotten an error. Granted different architecture and all but might as well give it a shot.
    I have an r9 380, and updating to the last drivers is killing my game with a directx error!
    I rolled back to the old ones and no probs again!
    The Monk Phenomenon

Just give me Samurai or Blue Mage. They were my second and third jobs in FFXI. I was main Summoner, but i'll be damned if I main it in FF14. Lousy WoW-Lock wanna be

More outright cata era affliction clone than wannabe

JP Fanfest schedule:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...abe5faf882f0a2

Live Letter will be going on as of Midnight Saturday where I'm at, which is 5 AM GMT for our EU folks. 9 PM Friday for our US west coasters. In other words, perhaps some early Christmas gifts.