Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

[7.3] The Arms Compendium

Hello!

The Arms Compendium is a mainly a Google docs created to gather a lot of the information about Arms in one place.

This is a comprehensive guide, it should give you all the information you need to excel at playing Arms. This guide assumes you have a basic understanding of Arms and your abilities. If you are new to playing the class, you should check out a more beginner-friendly guide at Wowhead as that goes more in-depth about what your spells does.

The Arms Compendium started as a little pet project in early October 2016, by Vel & Tizank. At the time, Arms was missing a clear, comprehensive, and easy to read guide which led to a lot of repeat questions on Discord and no where to send people. Now, almost a year later, it has turned into an amazing collaborative effort by some great people. Special thanks to Archimtiros, Corejo, Ryzoh, Warriorsarri and Marok. I also want to thank everyone else who has contributed, both to writing, improving and generally helping me out with sims, finding errors and making suggestions. I’d also like to thank several other guidewriters for inspiration to this guide. Mainly Gebuz and his amazing Balance Druid Guide.

If you haven’t done so already, I would strongly recommend joining the Warrior Discord - Skyhold, easy access for help, questions, log feedback, and much more. If you wish to contribute any ideas, or feedback to the Compendium, please direct message me on Discord at Vel#2944 or Twitter at VelodyEU.
    Last edited by Velinn; 2017-12-24 at 06:21 AM.
    Velody - Auchindoun EU
    The Arms Compendium
    Warrior Discord
    Twitch

Message me on Twitter or Discord (Vel#2944) if you have questions/need help.

thank you and everboy who contributed very very much!

Time out....were only stacking FR for one stack and using Slam instead? Isn't it easier to fish for procs with FR? And I feel like whenever I slam under 70 rage I starve myself.
    Last edited by Kahmal; 2016-10-15 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    Time out....were only stacking FR for one stack and using Slam instead? Isn't it easier to fish for procs with FR? And I feel like whenever I slam under 70 rage I starve myself.
    Only one FR after a Tact proc yes. Doesn't really matter how you fish for tact procs when you're using the same amount of rage, but Slam got a much higher DPR than FR, so that's the most damage efficient way of doing it.

so basically we never go for 3 fr stacks? just one fr and then spam slam? until MS goes of cd or we get a proc?

Basically, you'd only get a x3 FR stack during BC yeah. And don't "spam" slam, you'd want to use it above 32 rage, you don't have to fill every gcd

Quote Originally Posted by Velinn View Post
    Basically, you'd only get a x3 FR stack during BC yeah. And don't "spam" slam, you'd want to use it above 32 rage, you don't have to fill every gcd
    does this change with the leg gloves rngesus blessed me with them

Yeah, it does. The gloves allows you to spam FR as much as you can basically

Yeah, it does. The gloves allows you to spam FR as much as you can basically
    ok so i can fr for more than one stack maybe 2 then slam? as long as im above 32 rage right

If you have gloves honestly, you can do whatever you like. Obviously you should prioritize Slam over FR if you're low on rage, but most of the time you'll be struggling to not rage cap.

With gloves you can basically weave 3 FR's in between 3 Slam before MS comes off cooldown, IF you don't get a Tactician Proc.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

This site says that you should not delay BC more than 1-2 GCD for a CS proc. Is that really optimal? If I BC and CS isn't up then the damage is so low. Alternatively, if CS procs and BC has maybe 2-3 GCD's left until its up, do I save CS or hope to god I get another proc?

Only one FR after a Tact proc yes. Doesn't really matter how you fish for tact procs when you're using the same amount of rage, but Slam got a much higher DPR than FR, so that's the most damage efficient way of doing it.
    What if CS on cd and no CS debuff on target? It's not reliable but it seems like it would be worth using FR over Slam there in case CS pops before you have to use the stacks, allowing you to delay damage from rage spent until CS debuff is back up. Not sure, haven't had a chance to mess around with the apl recently.

Quote Originally Posted by xmr1 View Post
    What if CS on cd and no CS debuff on target? It's not reliable but it seems like it would be worth using FR over Slam there in case CS pops before you have to use the stacks, allowing you to delay damage from rage spent until CS debuff is back up. Not sure, haven't had a chance to mess around with the apl recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by figglesfiggles View Post
    This site says that you should not delay BC more than 1-2 GCD for a CS proc. Is that really optimal? If I BC and CS isn't up then the damage is so low. Alternatively, if CS procs and BC has maybe 2-3 GCD's left until its up, do I save CS or hope to god I get another proc?

Using BC is the best way to get tactician procs. And either way, every second you delay BC is a second anger management is useless. If you use CS 2-3 gcds before BC is up, that's fine. CS debuff is 8 seconds long and BC only lasts 5 seconds, you'd have it up the whole duration.

Deleted
    This is fantastic thank you, I have been playing poorly.

Deleted
    Bufffood?
    Icy-veins says take 375 mastery, here you say to use that dmg proc food.
    Nightborne Delicacy Platter vs Fishbrul Special. Which one is it now?

Icy Veins hasn't been updated for a while. Fishbrul Special sims higher than the mastery food, so I would recommend using that

Using BC is the best way to get tactician procs. And either way, every second you delay BC is a second anger management is useless. If you use CS 2-3 gcds before BC is up, that's fine. CS debuff is 8 seconds long and BC only lasts 5 seconds, you'd have it up the whole duration.
    I meant with BC on cd, CS on cd, CS debuff not on target. What makes Slam better than FR to fish for a Tactician proc in that specific scenario? I would think the potential damage gain of FR when you successfully fish for a proc would be worth the DPR loss when you don't but maybe not.

I wouldn't say it's worth the loss. FR with no CS debuff has an extremely low DPR, even compared to Slam without CS. You should refer to this spreadsheet by Dont if you are curious about the DPR.

Deleted
    When you talk about FR vs Slam, what you need to keep in mind is FR stores the damage, the DPR isn't applied when you cast it but when you drop it off.
    FR's DPR is higher in CS+SD than Slam's without them. You would want to stack to 3 before slamming.

When you then proc Tactician with slam, while youre already at 3 stacks all you'd do is MS all the stored higher DPR gcds out. Narrow window but has a high chance of occuring at 2-3 stacks.