Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velinn View Post
    Now I don't really recommend going SS anywhere, but if you're vs multiple targets it's definitely worth switching out the Slam withh Cleave>WW. Dont has added DPR with multiple targets on his spreadsheet which I would really recommend checking out.
    Wait, are you not using SS in M+? Are you not playing as Arms in M+ or do you actually prefer Dauntless even in M+?

I don't play with SS, but it's definitely viable for mythic+ if you want to. I feel that if my group needs the extra trash damage I'd rather just be fury. Dauntless is just too good on the higher m+ for bosses, especially with Tyrannical. But it really depends on the group setup.
    Velody - Auchindoun EU
    The Arms Compendium
    Warrior Discord
    Twitch

Message me on Twitter or Discord (Vel#2944) if you have questions/need help.

Oh ok, thanks for sharing. I feel like Arms with SS is good because it has strong ST and absurd 2 target Cleave with legendaries, and nice AoE every 90 seconds. Obviously if you really need ST or more sustain AoE I could see Arms with Dauntless or Fury respectively being better.
    I haven't done anything over +7 so far so it's nice to hear more experienced players' opinions.

Question....

Am I only supposed to be using FR in conjuction with Shattered Defenses?

I've always kept at least 1 stack of FR up. Your whole guide has thrown me off though.

i posted it on arms general , ill post it here as well. by the time i switched from SS back to Dauntless , my dps is always higher in M+ . Pardon me but i utilize the SS+cleave/ww almost perfectly and with dauntless it's easier and more effective from my personal experience. Now , this week is teeming and SS may worth a spot but in higher mythic+ lvls (5-6++) and especially in some dungeons like Vault which whole instance is 3 big aoe cleaves and that's it , SS is crap.

i'm talking about overall dps ofc.

edit: i think that with 22% haste breakpoint and the more rage income SS may win the fight vs dauntless ,but with low haste im almost certain that SS cannot outclass dauntles at all. For lower mythic runs play whatever u like.
    Last edited by server22; 2016-10-19 at 08:15 AM.

I find that the 2 target cleave is absurdly good with SS and Ayala's (and most likely the same or better with "the gloves"). I'll be sure to try out Dauntless in M+ though and see how well it performs. I guess going Dauntless and just replacing slam with WW and do the usual amped Bladestorm for the biggest pulls might be good.

Deleted
    So in the guide 2 EtW + 1 PS with Legendary Gloves sims higher than 3 PS. What kind of ilvl would you look at when avoiding other relics? (including Deathblow and Crushing Blow)

I used to do
    875Precise Strikes > 885EtW > 895Deathblow = 895Crushing Blows

But now with Gloves I'm no longer sure what ilvl limits to use.

hmm with our new prio list ... is ist comfortable to macro FR+MS?

atm i have FR on mouse button 4 good spamming.. but with the new rotation i dont need 2 spam this...

Does anyone else feel Slam > FR feels mega clunky?

Deleted
    I actually kinda like slam>fr rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by server22 View Post
    i posted it on arms general , ill post it here as well. by the time i switched from SS back to Dauntless , my dps is always higher in M+ . Pardon me but i utilize the SS+cleave/ww almost perfectly and with dauntless it's easier and more effective from my personal experience. Now , this week is teeming and SS may worth a spot but in higher mythic+ lvls (5-6++) and especially in some dungeons like Vault which whole instance is 3 big aoe cleaves and that's it , SS is crap.

i'm talking about overall dps ofc.

edit: i think that with 22% haste breakpoint and the more rage income SS may win the fight vs dauntless ,but with low haste im almost certain that SS cannot outclass dauntles at all. For lower mythic runs play whatever u like.
    How do you space out your AoE though. The guide pretty much tells you to blow both BS and WB on one pack. Meaning you have jack squat for the next one.

I normally BC + BS one group. And then I'll Cleave + WB + WW spam the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    How do you space out your AoE though. The guide pretty much tells you to blow both BS and WB on one pack. Meaning you have jack squat for the next one.

I normally BC + BS one group. And then I'll Cleave + WB + WW spam the next.
    Would also love some advice on this, because AoE (I know that it is terrible for Arms in general) gives me a headache.

Bump for new people

First of all thanks for the guide it's going to be helpful once I get used to play Warriors, kinda new to the class.
    My question: Is there a point to macro FR with CS, Execute and Slam? According to the guide FR should follow these abilities and it's off the global cooldown. What do you think?
    Last edited by PTR916; 2016-10-23 at 08:58 PM.

Mostly , by knowing the pulls of the dungeon on most keystone ilvls. for example , if u go +3 chests with a mage +ww/hunter for a DHT +2keystone u are screwed cause pulls are nonstop plus u will have to kite some mushrooms or aoe. things get way worse on bigger keystone DHT.
    But let's talk about VoW+6 , which i farm it daily a couple of times on this keystone lvl (+2+3 chest runs).
    1st pull usually is all mobs until miniboss, u use WB+BC+BS+avatar for max dmg output. then by the time they are dead u will be arround BC cd done (depending the aoe dmg of your party members). Use it on mini boss. By the time u are done u are going next big pull with non elite +3 elites . go as usuall with cleave+wb+bc+ww spam (if not bs ready and is >5s remaining) since there are shit tons of mobs (non elite ones) and ww spam > ST BC rotation. On the next pull right away there are the 2man patrol+4 on the room elites. U are basicaly without cooldowns but control is more important the first seconds so u basically go your usual charge-cleave-stun-CS-ms-ww-cleave-cs/ms if proced-ww etc, add fear if tank takes tons of dmg and wait for bc to come up. next room are 2 mobs , u dont want to use BC cause right away it's the 1st boss and u need your avatar and BC since bloodlust comes up as well. So , in a few words u must know/read the pulls to use your cds properly.
    IMHO , SS is a no brainer talent to burn your rage fast enough while being "usefull". but if u try to do the CS/MS/cleave/ww on cd rotation and avoid using ww or cleave on 3 targets (even with the 3d weapon trait) im sure u will see a dps increase. but it's a lil more harder than typical SS.

Plus , i did SO many times Maw 6-8 to get my angerboda and i never managed to beat dauntless while using SS. I mean , it's maw where SS would be the best with those +2 +3 mob pulls every time (on higher mythics) , but it doesnt. (and no , im not a retard who just slams himself out of rage etc).

BUT , with leg gloves or/and ring , SS must be king. Dont have any of those , sadly but im sure things get waaaay better if u obtain any of those.
    Last edited by server22; 2016-10-23 at 11:04 PM.

For running out and charging back in between swings with the slam rotation, does anybody else feel like it rarely happens? If I'm only slamming and using FR on tac procs, it takes pretty bad rng for me to run low on rage. If you can still maintain the slam rotation, is it worth trying to run out, when you're almost guaranteed to delay the global and lose a slam?

I used to have to run out a lot, especially in 5-mans/on dummy, but less so in raids.

Then last week I got Ayala's. Now I feel like I could use a HL-charge every once or twice a week, and even then it's not strictly necessary-

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I was chechking the compendium after the update. What does text in SimC do? I'm referring to this:

Note: IF you are getting Haste > Mastery on your simulations, add the following line below to your SimC, like the picture below demonstrates:
    center_scale_delta=1

Thumbs up

Just wanted to send out a big KUDOS for this!

the trinket list is being reworked?

i was having second thoughts about my setup, currently plan to use appendages 850 w socket and arcano 865, but also have angerboda 850 w socket and ursoc 880.

got appendages and ursocs recently however angerboda just felt to hit a lot harder then the other two (yay arms rng rly helps when play testing trinkets).
    Last edited by Lothar; 2016-10-25 at 09:13 AM.

Is this trinket list up to date?