Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

PvP racial sumpremacy and Worgens

Looking at the PvP ladders there is a clear bias towards Humans and Orcs. Here and there some Blood Elf Paladins, Gnome Warriors and class-specific races (DH, Druids, Alliance Shamans). Nothing new under the sun but, hey, it would be cool if one isn't auto-handicapping himself by not choosing the supreme race!

Worgens seem to be totally out of the PvP ladders. How about Darkflight (2min CD) suppressing roots and snares for the duration of the spell? Similarly to Wraith Walk, neither it won't be hard to implement it nor it will be something overpowered to challenge the Human supremacy

Please, tweet Holinka and Molinka with some suggestions! Come on, don't be racist - say no to Human and Orc supremacy

On a side note the Worgen models could use some love and especially the males look a bit like dogs on a diet but not wolverines!

Also, feel free to insert and argument your idea about your favorite race. Trolls must be flippin' out mon! (Da Voodoo Shuffle sux!)

Deleted
    Actually BE, Taurens and Forsakens have better racials for pvp. Orcs are just the best looking one imo.

Deleted
    worgen models
    Yeahh soo ugly - worse race by far even pandas are 100x better

About racials - yeah so bad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Actually BE, Taurens and Forsakens have better racials for pvp. Orcs are just the best looking one imo.
    9/10 us players wont agree

Deleted
    How is tauren und undead better than orc? On demand dmg and passive 20% stun reduction (add 25% from relentless) is insane.
    But bloodelf is really good as well, yea. On par with orcs probably.

Lol no. The orc racial combined with relentless is insane for healers and some dps. Blood Elf is the only one that comes close horde side and that's thanks to the silence which is very rare now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by RinTinTin View Post
    How is tauren und undead better than orc? On demand dmg and passive 20% stun reduction (add 25% from relentless) is insane.
    But bloodelf is really good as well, yea. On par with orcs probably.
    Tauren is arguably as good or better than Orc for healers and casters because of:

Brawn: Grants a slight increase to critical strike bonus damage and healing. (2%)​
    Endurance: Increases your Stamina by 'X' (scales with level)​
    War Stomp: Stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yds for 2 sec.​

...so they're a little more tanky, extra crit on heals/damage, and the nice little stun against melee attackers.

Blood Fury is great for short bursts in a clutch situation perhaps, but it has a 2 minute cooldown.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-10-15 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Tauren is arguably as good or better than Orc for healers and casters because of:

Brawn: Grants a slight increase to critical strike bonus damage and healing. (2%)​

...so they're a little more tanky, extra crit on heals/damage, and the nice little stun against melee attackers.

Blood Fury is great for short bursts in a clutch situation perhaps, but it has a 2 minute cooldown.
    Tanky means nothing when your team dies while you sit full duration cc

Deleted

Most you do with that "nice little stun" is fuck up the DR for your teammates. Not always, depends on the comp you are running, but in most cases.

Yeah well pandas can eat more and we are bouncy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RinTinTin View Post
    Most you do with that "nice little stun" is fuck up the DR for your teammates. Not always, depends on the comp you are running, but in most cases.

Then apparently you don't know how to use your CCs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Tanky means nothing when your team dies while you sit full duration cc
    Let us know when -20% makes that so much different. So let's say for a 5 sec stun Orc sits 1 sec less. Not a big deal. The racials are really a wash.

I love how OP wanted to talk about Worgens and lack-there-of in PvP, yet there was only one post about it.

Anyway, OP, I agree. While darkflight is... eh, it could be a lot better. Nature and shadow reduction by 1% is just kind of whatever, and 1% crit is okay, it's just overall very lackluster. I play one on my lock only for aesthetic. Though the movement speed in nice in a pinch, but the 2 minute CD for you to just get slowed or rooted isn't.

Their racials really do need to be tuned better.

Deleted
    Most of my chars are Orcs, I really like Orcs but I don't wanna play them all the time. Meanwhile Taurens are gimped in pvp. I think racials should be disabled in Rated pvp, so the game is more balanced and people can pick what they like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aherooffools View Post
    Their racials really do need to be tuned better.
    And it's kinda easy to do that! There are lots of simple fixes which would promote racial variety in PvP

Darkflight could be, say, a X sec sprint with immunity to roots and snares. Y min CD

Da Voodoo Shuffle could be tuned to reduce the duration and the effect by roots and snares by Z%

War Stomp should not share DR with other stun effects. Or replace it by Bull Rush, a charge-like ability - lorewise Taurens are a mighty Warrior/Druid race!

Gift of Naaru CD could be lowered a bit. 3 min is... ugh!

The list could go on with other suggestions. Patch 7.1 is focused on class and legendaries (meh) balancing but, hey, they could bring some love to the inferior races!

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Most of my chars are Orcs, I really like Orcs but I don't wanna play them all the time. Meanwhile Taurens are gimped in pvp. I think racials should be disabled in Rated pvp, so the game is more balanced and people can pick what they like.
    Hahaha my guess would have been that your favorite race is Goblin judging by your avatar

Anyway, racial abilities spice up the Warcraft adventure! Please, let them stay in any PvP but remind the dev team that they got some work to do. It would take a few days and some feedback from the top players to get a sweet result
    Last edited by mmocbd6f7263f8; 2016-10-16 at 11:37 AM.

Worgen look terrible, their animations are absolutely horrific, and they are using out of date models. That's going to contribute heavily towards their lack of numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikkd View Post
    Please, tweet Holinka ...
    @Holinka is blocking everyone who isn't agreeing with him on Twitter. So good luck with that

Deleted

Kids, don't listen to this guy. It's a trap.

Deleted
    Bloodelf is the best for me, sure orc is good but a small AOE silence+1% bonus crit is great in pvp (and pve).

If you don't want to be too frustrated with the perma stunfest that this game is, then pick orc but it won't change much, you will still die after receiving 50 stuns in 30 seconds.

Bad racial, boring model. Not only are they absent from pvp, there are very few in general. Maybe we will see more once they get a revamp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shapeduz View Post
    That 1 sec is in fact a huge deal in many scenarios, and also you have to think like this, in a long game versus a stun heavy team like a rogue or whatever that 1 sec might turn into like 20sec overall. You can do alot with those seconds, even that 1 second can very well be the difference between a loss and a win.
    I can name almost any other racial and say the same thing - that the tiny bit extra you get of 'X' instead of 'Y' is a "HUGE DEAL", when it is very situational and often dependent on mere luck. Lag/ping alone and crit RNG can make more of a difference in whether you got off that spell or CC or get in/out of LoS in time or did enough dmg to get that kill, or whether you hit a button a split second before the other guy did. Et cetera.

Set up a rosy scenario for whatever racial and say, "hey this (X) is better in this case..."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    @Holinka is blocking everyone who isn't agreeing with him on Twitter. So good luck with that
    Must have practiced being a mod on Blizz forums before he got promoted to Lead PvP-Fucker-Upper.

Let us know when -20% makes that so much different. So let's say for a 5 sec stun Orc sits 1 sec less. Not a big deal. The racials are really a wash.
    Stacks. With. Relentless.

If you dont think a 45% stun duration reduction is crazy-go-nuts, i cant help you.