Getting by on a PvP server (Affliction or Destruction)?

Hello, just hit 110 on my Warlock alt I will use to play with my friends. I've been reading the forums here and looking at the wow forums but am finding it hard to come to any kind of consensus. It seems like Demonology is the absolute way to go for PvE, but I'm find it not very effective at all in PvP scenarios, especially while doing world quests.

How are you guys handing PvP?

Is there a specialization that can thrive in both PvE and PvP scenarios?

Is it Destruction or Affliction?

Am I just wrong about Demonology?

I'd really just love to be able to focus on a single specialization for both so I can dump all of my artifact power into a single artifact since I'm so grossly behind by now. What would you guys recommend?

Well, Destro spamming shadowburn is insane. And come 7.1 - ALL your damaging spells will be insta cast and Conflagrate will deal quite a lot of damage.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

destro is good if you have all cooldowns available.

Deleted
    Demonology is an absolute beast in PvP, especially with Fel Lord. I think your problem is that everyone else you see outdoors is geared up and your alt isn't, or the fact that you're new to the spec. The best build for world questing and most PvP imo is Shadowflame (for the instant shards in PvP), Implosion (for finishing burst), Demonic Skin, Dark Pact, Hand of Doom, Grimoire of Synergy and either Darkglare or Demonbolt depending on your preference.

Destruction feels very gimmicky and I usually only see it in full burst comps in arenas.
    Last edited by mmoc4e162cf897; 2016-10-16 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Well, Destro spamming shadowburn is insane. And come 7.1 - ALL your damaging spells will be insta cast and Conflagrate will deal quite a lot of damage.
    This pretty much. In world pvp you'll die before your first cast and affliction damage is ridiculously low making it not even an option. Spec into Shadowburn, GoSac, Soul Conduit artefact into conflag crit, lord of flames and profit

world pvp is broken

Personally, loving affliction in world PVP. As ever, you are susceptible to burst, and you rely on honor talents to be properly viable.

For me, everything changed as soon as I got Essence Drain. With that talent I can win just about any 1v1 situation as I have great amounts of self-heal and got CDs to migitate the first burst without much hassle. After that, you can dot them up, lure out the interrupt and spam some UA and just keep drain life going. They succumb rather quick. You won't get the satisfaction of bursting them down with powerful spells, but you get to see people wither away without being able to properly touch your health pool.