Page 1 of 2
LastLast

warrior defensive stance in pvp

i hate warriors that sit in this in pvp its so gimped that they have a perma dmg reduction like how do rationalize that? and with the extra 20% less dmg taken above 80% and a pet healer damn it sucks trying to drop one

It's just poor design, blizzard didn't feel like putting effort into talent trees even though they're supposed to offer us "choices".

Lol. You have got to be kidding me, or you have run out of things to get upset about if this is problem for you.

Arms Warriors are hands down the easiest class to destroy next to Fury.

No self heals outside of Victory Rush, absolutely no useful defensive cool downs besides Die By The Sword, which is twice the cool down and half the effectiveness of plenty of identical skills. Unless they have a healer following them around fondling them with heals they are 100% useless by themselves unless the enemy has a cognitive deficiency.

You want to know the reason they sit in Defensive Stance all the time? Because its the only thing they can do to not get blown up instantly by a vast majority of classes.

Maybe rethink participating in PvP if fighting the most broken PvP class this expansion is a problem for you.

Edit: LOL. I just noticed from your name you're an enhance shaman. You should be absolutely MELTING Warriors in a few seconds. Wow.
    Last edited by gitgud; 2016-10-16 at 06:31 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah even with 20% dmg reduction arms actually is very squishy. Feels like glass cannon. Strangely all the tanky classes from past expansions are very fragile now Warr, DK, Enhance. Classes that used to be fragile are a lot tankier like mage and rogue.

Yeah, if you also checked out the 3v3 regionals in NA/EU, any arms warrior just got tunneled and killed through defensive stance fairly quickly. Warriors have little to no self-healing and 1 useful CD this expac, so they are very easy tunnel targets. Healer falls behind on the warrior for 1s? GG.

they have a passive 40% dmg reduction with pvp talents as long as they are above 80%, if they are tankier than tanks then its gimped

Deleted
    This guy appears to be a troll. Please close this topic

thank you mr backseat moderator your 25 post count is an inspiration to us all

Deleted
    Warriors have no utility, they have a long CD fear, and that is it. They have to spec for a stun

Every other class has a shorter more reliable CC, and utlity handed to them on a platter.

20% dmg reduction because of 0 SELF HEALING.

/thread.

Wars die pretty easy in rated, even in 2s where they usually are in a good spot, they aren't doing too well

How many classes have a flat percentage damage reduction on their weapon talent tree?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Id assume that the OP is a shaman cause of his name , if he isnt id love to tell us his class , let tell you something mate if you cant kill a warrior in arena then you are doing it wrong and you need to L2P

Deleted
    Simply speaking from a warlock perspective against warriors in 2s.

We try to bait the warrior defensive, then once it's gone, it's an easy nuke whilst controlling the healer, usually they drop rather fast, and i'm not the most bursty class around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    Warriors have no utility, they have a long CD fear, and that is it. They have to spec for a stun

Every other class has a shorter more reliable CC, and utlity handed to them on a platter.

blablabla the grass is greener warriors are the worst, every other class/spec is wonderful blabla

Every damn class says the same thing. Do you realize that most dps specs have lost most of their utility right? What is the utility of a DK please tell me? What utility has a hunter aside from burst damage? What is the utility of a warlock when its so easy to interrupt casting? What is the utility of shadow priest beside damage and being trained and a weak 30 sec CD fear?

Warriors do lack self healing but hey look at DKs, their selfheal is pretty damn weak and they don't have anywhere close to warriors mobility.

Now let me prove that you don't even bother to learn about your own pvp talents before whining and quitting: you actually can pick 2 stuns. One from the general talent tree and another one with intercept in pvp talents. Don't like that? How about you pick in that row the talent that gives AOE effect to Battle cry? Pretty damn strong utility to me. How about the talent that gives a small AOE effect to mortal strike? Reducing healing effects as AOE? Thats some good utility but I guess people like you will keep on whining until they are a one man army. Spell reflection is that bad to you? You don't know how to use it maybe, i've seen so many terrible warriors that only spam mortal strike/slam/colossus on CD like they do their pve rotation. Guess what, pvp doesn't play like that for any class (except....rogues).

If that is still not enough for you, spec into prot and keep telling yourself that warrior has less utility than any other class and less survival. Go prot if you need to selfheal that much and have more utility. Otherwise you just didn't look at many other dps pvp talents before saying that warriors are the worst.

Warriors are very good in 3vs arena, and anything with healers. Guess what, thats the case for many classes except leather dps.
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-10-17 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    blablabla the grass is greener warriors are the worst, every other class/spec is wonderful blabla

Every damn class says the same thing. Do you realize that most dps specs have lost most of their utility right? What is the utility of a DK please tell me? What utility has a hunter aside from burst damage? What is the utility of a warlock when its so easy to interrupt casting? What is the utility of shadow priest beside damage and being trained and a weak 30 sec CD fear?

Warriors do lack self healing but hey look at DKs, their selfheal is pretty damn weak and they don't have anywhere close to warriors mobility.

Now let me prove that you don't even bother to learn about your own pvp talents before whining and quitting: you actually can pick 2 stuns. One from the general talent tree and another one with intercept in pvp talents. Don't like that? How about the talent that gives a small AOE effect to mortal strike? Reducing healing effects as AOE? Thats some good utility but I guess people like you will keep on whining until they are a one man army. Spell reflection is that bad to you? You don't know how to use it maybe, i've seen so many terrible warriors that only spam mortal strike/slam/colossus on CD like they do their pve rotation. Guess what, pvp doesn't play like that for any class (except....rogues).

If that is still not enough for you, spec into prot and keep telling yourself that warrior has less utility than any other class and less survival. Go prot if you need to selfheal that much and have more utility. Otherwise you just didn't look at many other dps pvp talents before saying that warriors are the worst.

Warriors are very good in 3vs arena, and anything with healers. Guess what, thats the case for many classes except leather dps.
    blah blah blah

EVERY, EVERY class in 3s DOES more damage than a warrior.

"How about you pick in that row the talent that gives AOE effect to Battle cry? Pretty damn strong utility to me."

Extra crit is only 30% for 3 globals on a 10 yards range. Not that strong utility to me.

Tell me what you play, and I will reply further. I don't want to be defensive, I want to be offensive instead.

edit: intercept doesnt stun as wel. it only roots.
    Last edited by Kreeshak; 2016-10-17 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post

Now let me prove that you don't even bother to learn about your own pvp talents before whining and quitting: you actually can pick 2 stuns. One from the general talent tree and another one with intercept in pvp talents. Don't like that? How about you pick in that row the talent that gives AOE effect to Battle cry? Pretty damn strong utility to me. How about the talent that gives a small AOE effect to mortal strike? Reducing healing effects as AOE? Thats some good utility but I guess people like you will keep on whining until they are a one man army. Spell reflection is that bad to you? You don't know how to use it maybe, i've seen so many terrible warriors that only spam mortal strike/slam/colossus on CD like they do their pve rotation. Guess what, pvp doesn't play like that for any class (except....rogues).

Another troll, or someone who has absolutely no idea what they're talking about or has never played a warrior.

I can go into whatever class it is you play and pick out talents that sound nice too.

Picking out talents and saying "See you're just dumb, just choose these" is insulting and ignorant.

The only thing warriors had going for them was damage, and that has been throttled down pretty far as well.

Sure, you want to spec shockwave or stormbolt? have fun getting kited without two charges. People are taking warbringer now because you basically have to pick it with the talent that resets colossus smash if you want to be able to stay on a target and do any damage.

There is a reason that warriors who have previously spent every single arena season at 2.8k to 3k MMR are now struggling to break 2.3k or 2.4k.

The winning strat against any warrior team is "tunnel warrior and GG". They will eventually just fall over.

Nobody is asking to be overpowered either, but its really not fun to not be able to do anything against much lower skilled opponents because your class has issues.

But sure, we're just whining and entitled yea?
    Last edited by gitgud; 2016-10-17 at 05:51 PM.

Deleted
    I am a holy paladin, i play with warrior in arena. Its like hes sitting in a wheel chair and im the one driving it. Its not hard to see how useless warriors are in arena right now. Everyone is just shitting on him, if we were to swap him with any lock, rogue, or monk, we would probably jump up 200 rating in a moment.

I pity warriors, and every time i see one in arena i call free win to my friends.
    Last edited by mmocbb1534d252; 2016-10-18 at 01:46 AM.

Crying about warrior lol can't get mines pass 2400...it is a must to play the entire game on D stance they sit on me the whole game.....any comp..shits on warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Stinalicious View Post
    I am a holy paladin, i play with warrior in arena. Its like hes sitting in a wheel chair and im the one driving it. Its not hard to see how useless warriors are in arena right now. Everyone is just shitting on him, if we were to swap him with any lock, rogue, or monk, we would probably jump up 200 rating in a moment.

I pity warriors, and every time i see one in arena i call free win to my friends.
    This makes me laugh really hard but also sad because of how true it is. You the real MVP for rolling with your warrior pal man :P

It used to be my absolute favorite class especially for PvP. I loved having to swap between stances, utilizing spell reflect, shield wall, everything you had. It really made the difference between a good warrior and a bad one. Now that all of that is gone, its just not fun to play especially under the circumstances.

Also the one (or two?) people just calling us bad or whiners can get out. Its quite obvious the position warriors are in when other classes are commenting on how easy they are to counter. When the TOP players are also commenting on the weaknesses of the class, and they're struggling to make the same ratings as before, something is off.

What I would like people to do though instead of just being upset and giving up, is providing feedback and constructive ideas on how we can address the issues they do have. I'm not sure the dev team will really address it in a way most of us feel is a good direction seeing some of the changes lately, but you never know.
    Last edited by gitgud; 2016-10-18 at 03:29 AM.