-Drink water before every meal to prevent overeating
    -Do cardio and weight training
    -Avoid alcohol
    -Cut back on sugary and oily foods
    -Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
    -Use a treadmill

More useful strategies to lose fat quickly

So proper diet and exercise. Got it.

I heard Methamphetamines will do wonders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't drink soda. Drink only cold water( a few drops of lemon is okay). Water has no calories, and possibly even be negative with the coldness of the water making your body expended energy by making it hot again.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Practice autocannibalism and watch the pounds just come right off.

Burn more calories than you take in.

The number of meals don't make a difference. It is about how many calories. This has been studied many many times and there is no real evidence supporting the claim that more smaller meals burns more fat than 3 regular meals.

Eat less calories then what you burn. Simples.

The hard part is the psychological battle. If you restrict yourself of the food then your mind will more than likely drift off to think about food (not for all people but I'd say a lot). So don't rob yourself of your enjoyments. Restricting yourself to nothing but salads and water is boring. Fit that chocolate/beer/mexican into your calorie allowance.
    Forum lurker since '08. Thankfully, the majority of the mmo-c community don't represent a large number of the world's population because then we'd all be fucked.Why? People don't learn.Reason? People still respond to Jaylock threads.
    7. Years. Later.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariselea View Post
    Eat less calories then what you burn. Simples.

The hard part is the psychological battle. If you restrict yourself of the food then your mind will more than likely drift off to think about food (not for all people but I'd say a lot). So don't rob yourself of your enjoyments. Restricting yourself to nothing but salads and water is boring. Fit that chocolate/beer/mexican into your calorie allowance.
    This.
    Doesn't matter what you eat (within reason), it's the amount you eat.
    Put out more than you put in and you'll strip weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Count carbohydrates instead of calories and allow yourself one cheat day per week. I lost over 40 pounds in the last year doing just that.

Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Count carbohydrates instead of calories and allow yourself one cheat day per week. I lost over 40 pounds in the last year doing just that.
    Counting carbs has zero effect on weight loss. I love carbs and can't operate without them (and I did try keto for about 3 months).
    And the problem with cheat days (while once in a month or two is "OK" to replenish your willpower) is that one day per week CAN (and often times WILL) undo a weeks worth of a deficit, and then the cycle continues about people asking "why can't I lose weight?"...
    Forum lurker since '08. Thankfully, the majority of the mmo-c community don't represent a large number of the world's population because then we'd all be fucked.Why? People don't learn.Reason? People still respond to Jaylock threads.
    7. Years. Later.

Counting carbs has zero effect on weight loss.
    Carbs contribute to the regulation of fat storage.

I love carbs and can't operate without them (and I did try keto for about 3 months).
    No need to follow a specific diet of some kind - all you have to do is gradually decrease your intake until the amount of carbs that you consume is in the ballpark of 100g (rather than the 300g consumed by an American male on average). And it is safe to say that everyone loves carbs, considering how popular fast food is.

And the problem with cheat days (while once in a month or two is "OK" to replenish your willpower) is that one day per week CAN (and often times WILL) undo a weeks worth of a deficit, and then the cycle continues about people asking "why can't I lose weight?"...
    One day of cheating isn't going to undo anything unless you go for a whole ice cream truck.

Quote Originally Posted by steventran1993 View Post
    eat clean man
    Yep, scrub that food with soap till it's squeaky clean

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Carbs contribute to the regulation of fat storage.
    Nope. This has been debunked plenty of times, both through scientific and anecdotal evidence (dropped 90lb simply counting calories and I'd say about 90% of my calorie makeup was carbohydrates, the "bad" kind as well)
    http://www.dietvsdisease.org/do-carbs-make-you-fat/
    Plenty of more in-depth sources online as well.

No need to follow a specific diet of some kind - all you have to do is gradually decrease your intake until the amount of carbs that you consume is in the ballpark of 100g (rather than the 300g consumed by an American male on average). And it is safe to say that everyone loves carbs, considering how popular fast food is.
    What's fast food got to do with carbs? Carbs are in plenty of non "fast food" meals you can cook at home i.e lasagne, spaghetti bolognaise, sandwiches ...
    I don't think carb cutting should be a means to lose weight, but more so as a mental tool to help you with your lifestyle. 2 of my sisters swear off carbs and it's definitely shown in their moods over the years. They haven't lost any weight, nor do they need to.

One day of cheating isn't going to undo anything unless you go for a whole ice cream truck.
    Depends on what some people define as "cheating"
    500 cal deficit over 6 days, it's very easy to go 3000+ over maintenance on just one day but usually people who are completely unaware of how easily calories can add up or have some serious issues with food tend to do use a cheat day as a green light to "eat as much as I want".

Deleted
    How to lose weight in 2 easy steps

1. Eat less you fat fuck
    2. Run you fat fuck

If only i cared enough to lose weight myself

This one (originally posted by Wavelength on bodybuilding forum) is... about the most bulletproof.

For most folks loosing weight is about loosing fat and looking good. Loosing weight can (if done wrong) also mean loosing muscle so you just look like a weak fat guy rather than a strong fat guy. The addition of a decent slug of protein and some resistance training counters it. Otherwise, yes it's a case of reducing until you're in a deficit.

You only have to follow three simple rules:

- Workout 3 times a week with weights.
    - Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
    - Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.

I'd add the bit from his more complete guide about EFA's (omega 3,6,9) to the "simple rules" part. They help immensely in mobilising fat.

There's a few ways to work out lean body mass. Those with fancy bodyfat scales can get a (fairly good) ballpark idea. You can work it out with a pinch test+calipers if not (again, within a ballpark). Avoid the online tests that just ask for weight, sex and height, they aren't calculating anything, it's just based on averages.
    Either way, aim to get a lot of your calories from protein, you'll generally wee out the excess.

Here's the (much) longer version of his guide:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post553453753

The points later on about HOW to make a deficit are quite... on point. Different people work in different ways, for some, the odd cream bun or bar of chocolate is impossible to live without (for these folks, cardio or fat/carb blocking compounds are the way forward or just far greater discipline elsewhere in the diet). For some, it's easy to eat VERY cleanly, in which case, so long as the weight training is being done to maintain muscle, all should be good.

Keep in mind when trying to loose weight (fat) that the body will eat muscles first unless you force it to do otherwise, it's generally programmed to store fat to keep you alive if/when food is scarce. If you are in a calorie deficit, without some form of excercise, at least SOME of the weight loss will be from muscle loss...which will then mean you're resting calorie burn is lower. Doing something to keep muscle AND being in a calorie deficit means you'll have a better chance of over-riding the "starvation" mechanism and loosing fat.

In general cardio will improve how well you can cope with exercise and thus how easy fat loss is in future. It shouldn't be completely overlooked. Don't go spending hours on a treadmill if you find it tedious though. Find something interesting but tiring. The same can be applied to weight training if you find it tedious. I used to enjoy rock climbing as something of an alternative to resistance training (basically it became a body-weight exercise).
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2016-10-21 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Eliminate sugar
    MOVE

Really you don't need anything else. Losing weight is really easy but really hard. What you need is discipline and dedication. I would recommend doing weighted exercises because they create the best caloric deficit but ultimately you have to find yourself an activity that you will enjoy doing. Basically if you want to lose weight, your caloric intake must be lower than expenditure. Cutting on sweetened drinks is the best first step. But i don't like to restrict too much on the intake side. I love food and i believe everyone does. So pick an activity and do in consistently. Important thing is not to force yourself into something tho. It has to be something you like, and something you can ultimately do every day. Always start with small goals and you will eventually reach what you want! Its like everything in life..

Oh and don't listen to quick tips, easy diets or special fat burning products. It's all bullshit.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Nope. This has been debunked plenty of times, both through scientific and anecdotal evidence (dropped 90lb simply counting calories and I'd say about 90% of my calorie makeup was carbohydrates, the "bad" kind as well)
    http://www.dietvsdisease.org/do-carbs-make-you-fat/
    Plenty of more in-depth sources online as well.
    The sample from the study you linked is too small (barely over a dozen test subjects). Also, independant research.

What's fast food got to do with carbs? Carbs are in plenty of non "fast food" meals you can cook at home i.e lasagne, spaghetti bolognaise, sandwiches ...
    I don't think carb cutting should be a means to lose weight, but more so as a mental tool to help you with your lifestyle. 2 of my sisters swear off carbs and it's definitely shown in their moods over the years. They haven't lost any weight, nor do they need to.
    Fast and snack foods are loaded with cheap carbs. That's mostly where all the good taste comes from, and what keeps people coming back.

Depends on what some people define as "cheating"
    500 cal deficit over 6 days, it's very easy to go 3000+ over maintenance on just one day but usually people who are completely unaware of how easily calories can add up or have some serious issues with food tend to do use a cheat day as a green light to "eat as much as I want".
    Yes, losing weight requires discipline. We knew that.

Don't eat. You'll lose a lot of weight that way

Drink a lot of water.
    Don't eat junk food.
    Go out for a walk in the morning and evening.
    Eat vegetables.